Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Titans Song/Chant Mega Thread

I'm just wondering if there has been any indication of a team song being "released" prior to the start of the season. I know there has been some talk of chants etc, but is there going to be any "official" team song?

Anyway, after having been to both victoriuos pre-season matches and feeling there was nothing we could sing on the way home, I came up with the following little ditty. I like it, and the Minister for War & Finance (the Missus) said it was pretty good, so I decided to post it so you can tell me what you think.

I'm not suggesting it should be, would be or could be the team song, but hopefully it will get some ideas rolling before we ride home VICTORIOUS from Suncorp and have nothing to sing on the train!

Mighty Titans, keep on fightin'
    The battles just begun.
    Muscle up, play hard and fast
    Gold Coast, unite as one.

Titans Forwards, marching onwards,
    Big men with bigger hearts.
    Titans Backs, running gaps,
    Tear their defence apart.

Gold Coast Titans,mighty Titans,
    This is our finest hour.
    We heard the call, we fought the war,
    Now VICTORY IS OURS!

Just an idea......

ps, just going with the whole TITANS being gladiators/soldiers type thingy.....
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 04-03-07 at 10:06 AM.

I really like it!

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Maybe we should pinch Rustys idea and have drummers while singing the song..would add a marching beat to fit in with the theme!

That's pretty good!

Love all the verses!!!

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz
    The battles just begun.

This is our finest hour.
    Now VICTORY IS OURS!
    I can't exactly picture the rythum, but I think that is a fantastic effort. Our song should be something like that. It seems catchy and easy to sing.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I assume the "High School Musical" song that they've played at both games is some sort of team song. I'm sure I heard Titans in there somewhere.

If it is, can someone suggest that they put the words up on the screen so we can get to know it better?

Mate, that is the second best team song I've heard, and it ain't even official, just something someone cooked up in the car on the way home from the footy! Top effort mate.

Jason

p.s. The best team song I've heard is the West Coast Eagles song, but then again, I am an Eagles fan, so I'm slightly biased.
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Great lyrics like it. What tune is it sung too???

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN FOREVER View Post
    Great lyrics like it. What tune is it sung too???
    Dunno, just sort of did it as little ditty I imagined Rupert McCall reading out prior to kick off at game one.....

But hopefully someone could do a re-working to a tune everyone knows and can sing along to, that has some soul and heart. Last night at the game, after we won, they played "We are the Champions", and the crowd was belting it out (well, general nuisance area was). Basically I feel we all want to sing a victory song, we just need something we can all sing together.

So, if anyone can get something out to the masses with inspiring lyrics and a well known tune, then post it and lets get some game-day songs in the TITANS handbook!

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Dragon View Post
    Mate, that is the second best team song I've heard, and it ain't even official, just something someone cooked up in the car on the way home from the footy! Top effort mate.

Jason

p.s. The best team song I've heard is the West Coast Eagles song, but then again, I am an Eagles fan, so I'm slightly biased.
    Nothing on the Raiders theme song :P

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    The battles just begun.

This is our finest hour.
    Now VICTORY IS OURS!

Just an idea......

ps, just going with the whole TITANS being gladiators/soldiers type thingy.....
    Mate I have to say, I am a fan of this song. I think its great. I think we need to learn it and give it a go at the next game!

I don't know what the club has planned for a team song, but I think this is a great song that can be embraced by its legion of fans.

Everyone have a go saying it, I think the beat is easy to pick up, speaks for itself.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 28-03-07 at 01:14 AM.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Default TITANS songs and chants

I know we've been here before, but I don't want it to die in the ****.....

The word down from the top is that they want to leave songs and chants up to the fans, so if we don't make it happen, it aint gonna happen!

I've had a go, and one of the sticking points seems to be the tune, so I figure we should start with a few songs everyone knows and look at reworking the lyrics. If anyone has any idea of at least a good tune that EVERYONE knows, then some other creative guys can get to work on some lyrics and verses.

Lets all get together on this one and see what we can do for our team. The boys are all putting in the effort for us, lets put a little bit back in and show what we can do for them.

Off the top of my head..... "We wish you a Merry Christmas"

We are the Mighty Titans, we are the Mighty Titans, we are the Mighty Titans, and you've got something to fear.
    We all know we can beat you, we all know we can beat you, we all know we can beat you, our victory is near.

yes, this one is pretty corny, but you get the idea........
    Simple stuff often works best.

Cya at Cowboys game.

The tune is the hard part, unless you are in the flesh its hard to teach people songs. That is something we can focus on in 2007.

Hopefully we can catch up tomorrow and after the match and we can share some ideas and practise.

Someone must have an idea of a good well known tune we can turn into a chant or song.

The Titans run out to Gunners "Welcome to the Jungle". An easy song to rework, how many know the tune?

If you are a supporter who likes to actually go to the game, wouldn't you like to be able to chant and sing to spur on your team?

Or it's going to be Paul Gale leading us with "TITANS.......TITANS........" for the rest of the season...........

I agree mate good thread, lets get this going...

Hers one for starters:

Waltzing Matt Hilder
    Waltzing Matt Hilder

Who'l come and waltz with Matt Hilder and me
    Cause he stepped and he passed
    and he throws a dummy to the wing

Who'l come and waltz with Matt hilder and me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.