Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    well i think barrett should replace prince at halfback.prince played poorly regardless of conditions,or the fact it was his first test.a guy with origin and GF experience should be able to adapt to test football straight away and i'm sorry but prince didn't.GB put pressure on him and he fell apart.his kicking game was woeful and that's why bennett replaced him.

don't take it personally scotty lovers but barrett should be half IMO.
    I agree that Barrett would probably be the better half option ATM, but it was his first game + the conditions were poor + IMO he is the future halfback for many years to come + you shouldn't sack someone after 1 bad performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    I agree that Barrett would probably be the better half option ATM, but it was his first game + the conditions were poor + IMO he is the future halfback for many years to come + you shouldn't sack someone after 1 bad performance.
    why not?
    i've read many a post calling for the heads of players who have had good performances.

Barrett IMO should be the half with prince off the bench. Barrett has a better mind for rep footy. prince is still learning

well i think barrett should replace prince at halfback.prince played poorly regardless of conditions,or the fact it was his first test.a guy with origin and GF experience should be able to adapt to test football straight away and i'm sorry but prince didn't.GB put pressure on him and he fell apart.his kicking game was woeful and that's why bennett replaced him.

don't take it personally scotty lovers but barrett should be half IMO.
    Yet ridgey your quick to defend Buderus and Johns after there last sub-par performance vs NZ:

geez isn't it funny how the knives have been taken out of locky's back and are slowly being inserted into bedsy and joey's!
    everybody has bad games people and lockyer just proved that ya can't keep player's of that class down for too long,let's not write buderus and johns(if he plays)off too early.oh and the reason joey hasn't showed much form in the test arena for some time was probably because he hadn't played a test since 03 through injury.funny that hey
    Can't have it both ways unfortunately I would perhaps read over the underlined and give Scott Prince the benefit of the doubt. As you said, "ya can't keep players of that class down for too long".

DeeGan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Yet ridgey your quick to defend Buderus and Johns after there last sub-par performance vs NZ:

Can't have it both ways unfortunately I would perhaps read over the underlined and give Scott Prince the benefit of the doubt. As you said, "ya can't keep players of that class down for too long".

DeeGan
    fair comment.

hey deegan are we still dropping civoniceva,fitzy and tate.

fair comment.

I think all 3 of them should go (but Fitzy is G/K :angry: ) and they haven't performed well during the whole series. Prince has only had 1 game.

I think all 3 of them should go (but Fitzy is G/K :angry: ) and they haven't performed well during the whole series. Prince has only had 1 game.
    and thats your opinion steelers.
    barrett in for prince,that's mine.

fair comment.

You really took my post well ridgey

As for Fitzgibbon:

12. Fitzgibbon - 8 - Goal kicking was important in this test, he delivered. Made 40 tackles, 101m and I ate some humble pie here as I was calling for his head. With no goalkicker, he will start as long as he is healthy. His running has more of an impact than the previous two tests.
    As for Civoniceva:

8. Civoniceva - 6 - Made 79m and 24 tackles. Again, nothing to write home about. I would start O'Meley or Ryles in his place as alot his work is done with little impact.
    Fitzgibbon improved on the weekend though I stick by the opinion that he could do with an off-season. With Johns being ruled out of the tour he was always going to keep his place as he is the goalkicker though that aside, I believe there are players who were deserving of a shot after his lacklustre end to 2005 and average hit out vs New Zealand.

As for Petero, I still would not have him in ahead of O'Meley or Ryles. He has little impact in attack or defense and the other two younger guys are IMO (the key little accronym here ridgey) are better props. Your a fan of Petero, I am not as keen. Unfortunately part and parcel of the forum world is members disagreeing with you ridgey

As for Tate, you have lost me. Where have I said we should drop Tate?

I questioned the decision to select him in the 3/4 line ahead of Matt Cooper in game one though I did state why Bennett opted for him and could cop the selection. The majority of the rugby league world did.

I questioned from memory his place in the touring squad given Matt Sing for example I thought was hardly done by. Tate missed alot of the year though his reputation and solid back end to the season got him over the line.

I was critical of his defensive reads vs NZ which was poor yet named him in my side to play GB on Sunday morning?

Clutching at straws ridgey

DeeGan
    Last edited by DeeGan; 07-11-05 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    You really took my post well ridgey

As for Fitzgibbon:

As for Civoniceva:

Fitzgibbon improved on the weekend though I stick by the opinion that he could do with an off-season. With Johns being ruled out of the tour he was always going to keep his place as he is the goalkicker though that aside, I believe there are players who were deserving of a shot after his lacklustre end to 2005 and average hit out vs New Zealand.

As for Petero, I still would not have him in ahead of O'Meley or Ryles. He has little impact in attack or defense and the other two younger guys are IMO (the key little accronym here ridgey) are better props. Your a fan of Petero, I am not as keen. Unfortunately part and parcel of the forum world is members disagreeing with you ridgey

As for Tate, you have lost me. Where have I said we should drop Tate?

I questioned the decision to select him in the 3/4 line ahead of Matt Cooper in game one though I did state why Bennett opted for him and could cop the selection. The majority of the rugby league world did.

I questioned from memory his place in the touring squad given Matt Sing for example I thought was hardly done by. Tate missed alot of the year though his reputation and solid back end to the season got him over the line.

I was critical of his defensive reads vs NZ which was poor yet named him in my side to play GB on Sunday morning?

Clutching at straws ridgey

DeeGan
    sorry all i read was blah blah blah i'm a dirty tramp

LOL hope that was sarcasm

LOL hope that was sarcasm
    yeah it's just for grins

Translation: I have nothing better to offer here and I think I may have been a little off in my attempted sarchasim initially.

Queenslander over and out

DeeGan