Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Quote Originally Posted by sargent
    So who is part of the legion so far i know you guys have dee13 and diehard who else is part of your group. Did you guys take any group pictures?
    We are finalising the final details for the Legion Supporters Group as we speak. Final numbers are not known at this stage. If you check the dedicated forum for the Legion you will get a fair idea.

Nice pics Dee13 - the Mat Rogers one is brilliant.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD

It was also a highlight to meet up with GOATUS, Steve, PUP23, Dee13 and Michelle (?). Hope to see A LOT more of you in the near future.

GO THE TITANS! More comments when I'm no exhausted.
    That was me that you met Diehard

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle79
    That was me that you met Diehard
    Ah! It was fantastic to meet you, can't wait to catch up at Round 1. Really enjoyed meeting you and loved the Titans jersey!
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I was at the game on Friday night and experienced a moment in history that can never be repeated.
    I used to barrack for the Brisbane Broncos. They are a great team and I love their style of play and the winning ethos they have developed over the years.

But for the first time, for me, I had the opportunity to chear a team that represented the city I love, and they won well. There was something about this team of Titans that astounded me. The combinations, angles and the way they seamed to flow across the ground so effortlessly, as if they had been playing for years. A team of champions has come together to form a champion team.

Don't tell me trial games don't matter, I was there. To all the fans at that game, whether following Penrith or the Titans, that result meant something.

This team of mine, has a winning platform to build on. Teams who meet them in the competition proper will give them the respect they deserve.
    This is what the team has played for, respect, and now they have it, the real work begins.:win:

Just a thought

how did graham play? i am interested how the code swap does

Ron kicks fans' fines into touch
    06Mar07

GOLD Coast Mayor Ron Clarke awarded angry Titans fans a $12,000 try in extra-time yesterday, ruling council bureaucrats were off-side by ordering parking inspectors onto the streets of Carrara on Friday night.

In a rare show of compassion on parking, Gold Coast City Council has written off 108 parking fines at $120 each for fans who parked illegally in Alabaster Drive for the Titans' inaugural match.

Ironically, while motorists crammed into the street, a Titans car park nearby that charged $5 for entry was not full.

The crackdown happened after police told the council's operations executives that AFL fans had illegally parked in Alabaster Drive for a game the week before.

However, fines were not distributed during the AFL match.

The council's CEO Dale Dickson yesterday told councillors if 'officers had their time over again' they would have warned fans of the zero-tolerance approach.

But fans travelling to future games at the Carrara Stadium will not be afforded the same leniency, with Mayor Clarke vowing the gesture was a one-off.

Motorists were fined for parking on yellow lines in Alabaster Drive.

Even though full-time had blown inside the stadium, the fans reignited the fight yesterday morning, bombarding the Mayor's office with irate phone calls.

Some aggrieved footy fans told Cr Clarke they had 'parked there for years' without being fined, while others claimed to have not seen the yellow markings at night.

"My phone has been ringing off the hook," said Cr Clarke yesterday.

"We shouldn't be waiting for people to park there, and then swoop on them.

"We should have put a notice (out) that they would be met with a fine.

"It was suddenly put on them without any warning. It was a bit unfair for what has been something of a habit for the past three, four years, or maybe more."

Gold Coast Titans managing director Michael Searle last night thanked Cr Clarke for backing his bid to have the fines overturned.

"I appreciate what he did," said Searle, "and I also appreciate the speedy way in which council resolved the matter."

Cr Clarke said the council would advertise parking in Alabaster Drive during this Saturday's Kangaroos AFL clash with Carlton would carry a fine.

Alabaster Drive would also be signposted to show parking will not be tolerated on yellow-lined areas.

But some councillors were still concerned the olive branch was going to set a dangerous precedent for the city.

Cr Chris Robbins said she had likewise been inundated with complaints from people who turned out to watch the hugely popular Quiksilver Pro.

"I have this problem each year with the Quiksilver Pro and (the) Wintersun Festival. I do feel if this gets up, Mr Mayor, I will have a long train of people coming in to me saying 'Why did I get booked?'

"A yellow line is a yellow line."

Cr Peter Young suggested applying the fine and then placing the parking revenue into a fund for the development of junior rugby league on the Gold Coast.

Cr Daphne McDonald said: "I can see a young father with children coming in and saying to us, well you've waived theirs, can you waive mine?"

In a controversial suggestion that won no favour, Cr Ted Shepherd suggested writing off the infringements, then billing the Titans for the amount.

Cr Jan Grew said people would have to take the public transport when they attended the Titans games at Robina next year.

The Titans' future stadium will sit adjacent to the Robina railway station and will be on a bus route.

The city council will consider incorporating Robina within the future rapid transit service.

"You cannot have 25,000 people driving their cars to the game," she said. "It doesn't happen in Brisbane and it's not going to happen here."

Fined motorists should contact the council over their infringements.
    GOLD COAST BULLETIN

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Wow - the council backed down over parking :eek:

The thing is, if you see a yellow line there, you don't park there. Simple. Doesn't matter if you've been 'parking there for years and never got a fine'... that's just like saying that you've been 'catching the train for years without buying a ticket and never got caught' when you DO get caught. You know it could happen, don't complain when you get caught *shrugs*

I do find it rather annoying, however, that fines weren't handed out for the AFL match... maybe a little sucking up by the council to get on the AFL's good side = more money for the council to spend on their lunches and free transport?

A rare show of compassion for parking fines?

More like a rare show of compassion for rugby league fans from Ron.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpak
    Did anyone else see this on the Panthers Forum? He wasn't told to ''get off our forum", he was merely told his opinion serves no purpose in this thread.

Premiers_91_03</DIV>Premiers_91_03 Posted Today @ 10:29:06 PM

Group: Forum Members
    Last Login: Today @ 10:24:43 PM
    Hey i put a post on the titan's forum page about how it's only a trial and the real part that counts most is in a couple of weeks and i was told to get off the website and come back in round 4 when we play them again..

How rude is that..
    Yeah i noticed that,i also went on the panthers site and posted what was originally written to that poster...i hope they feel embarressed!