Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
    Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Congrats (again! ) to the boys and the coaching staff on the historic first win,it must have been pleasing to all involved to keep parra out with the amount of back-to-back sets they had!
    A big thank you to those forum members lucky enough to be there who took photos and sent match reports,it helped ease the nerves. :sick:
    BRING ON THE PANTHERS!! :box:

Well done to the team... that was very good play to come from behind and win...

I agree 100% with the sentiments of Dee 13, the defense last night from what I have heard was amazing, and the commitment just as good.

It's great to see the side notch up it's first win... and the smiles were worth 1000 words...

It is good to see that all the player got through unscathed and got a good hitout... and for those who are worrying, don't worry about Mat Rogers, he will get back into the swing of things soon enough and be a powerhouse.

Great to see Matt Hilder get some game time and he looks like a good backup utility and Walker continues to impress.

Overall very happy with the effort and commitment and the fact there is a win at the end of it all is even more sweeter.

GOOD LUCK GC IN 2007... 1 win under the belt, hopefully many more to come..

how did presto play at fullback, rkn they keep him there? or will they give mathers a chance to make it his own?

Quote Originally Posted by patskE
    how did presto play at fullback, rkn they keep him there? or will they give mathers a chance to make it his own?
    I hope they give Mathers the first shot. He deserves it after all the hard work he has been putting in at training, If we play Preston at FB. Who will be 5/8th ? Rogers?

Point is. Id rather have Mathers starting fullback.

Great win for the Titans although I hoped Eels would win but good first win

Why were you hopeing that the Eels would win?

Quote Originally Posted by HigherTitan
    Why were you hopeing that the Eels would win?
    Because my mate was feeling down this week and he goes for Eels so I wanted them to win for his sake

Quote Originally Posted by Poida
    Because my mate was feeling down this week and he goes for Eels so I wanted them to win for his sake
    Fair Enough. I would be feeling down also if I was an Eels supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by patskE
    Preston played more of a utility role. I saw Chrissy Walker at fullback at one stage. I spoke to Richie last night and he is hell bent on securing the No1 jersey. So when it comes time to put 17 men on paper for the Dragons game, Im sure Carty will get it right.

It was a great win considering what the penalty count must have been against us & Carty showed a lot of faith in the younger guys who had to put up with 4 or 5 sets of 6 on their own line & they held strong.
    The guy who stood out for us was without a doubt PRESTON CAMPBELL , he started at fullback & was peppered with plenty of high stuff but never looked like dropping 1, he then moved to 5/8 which lead to Webster scoring, like most of the team he sat on the bench untill the last 1/4 & played mostly hooker & had a hand in all 3 other tries it was an excellent 1st game & if he keeps that form up he may chase another Dally M, who knows!
    Also another great effort from Chris Walker who came on in the 2nd half played fullback & kicked 2 goals from the sideline, i think he will be a definant starter in the 17 man quad against the Dragons.

Did anyone else there see Shannon Walker playing for Seagulls, apart from a dropped ball he played well & when he made a break it was daylight 2nd, he has excellent footwork & i don't think there would be too many quicker than him :!: .

Bring on the Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #itaintweaktospeak

DIEHARD at Lismore.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER