View Poll Results: Titans: Would you sign Lance Thompson?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Plenty of good footy left in him

12 37.50%
  • No - Possible disruptive influence who has seen his best footy

15 46.88%
  • Undecided

5 15.63%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Titans: Would you sign Lance Thompson?

Titans: Would you sign Lance Thompson?

Ok, you are in charge of recruiting for the Gold Coast Titans, do you sign Lance Thimpson for the 2007 season and beyond?

DeeGan

Titan CEO

No - Possible disruptive influence who has seen his best footy

No for me also, i wouldnt take the risk of signing him, especially at a new club

Un-decided

Lance Thompson is a good first grade rugby league player and has been so since he made his debut back in 1995.

Why would I sign him?

- Veteran player who is an on field leader
    - Good work rate in both attack and defence
    - Passionate about the game and his club
    - Fringe rep player, holds respect amongst his peers

Why I wouldn't sign him?

- Off-field dramas happen all to regulary
    - Reacts before thinking which can be to the detriment of the club and himself
    - Best football behind him
    - Tireless worker, though a younger backrower would offer more in attack as Thommo' is perhaps getting closer and closer to becoming a prop (see Gary Larson)
    - Asking price may be too high which would outweigh the value of the investment

Junior Titan

No, i think he was going to play only one more year anyway, so signing him would be a waste of money. There should be a lot better and younger players coming off contract next year

QLD Cup Titan

I think that the Gold Coast have enough experienced players where they don't need Thompson & in my view he'd only get in the way of stopping one of the emerging players in the Qld Cup coming through.

nope wont play with pride for gold coast imo or any club for that matter so no and also he is past his best

Not sure - unlike Presto I think Thommo would put everything in wherever he plays. I only think he maybe a little to disruptive off the field.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

I might be bias but i don't remember that many off feild dramas. this is a person who puts his heart in every week and also has taken pay cuts to help the dragons resign Barrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    I might be bias but i don't remember that many off feild dramas. this is a person who puts his heart in every week and also has taken pay cuts to help the dragons resign Barrett.

I had forgotten that - that is so true. A good indication of the type of person he is.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

IMO... I don't think he has had that many off field dramas.. however if he is going to go at young players like he did Poore then NO.. however that may be exaggerated, I really don't know the full story....

Apparently he wants the join the Bulldogs Next year, HE WON'T WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY... but if he was to play for nothing, I'd be happy to have him...

He is a good player who is very useful and always tries his best for those who he plays with... not a bad asset if he can keep the off field situations under control.. which I think he could do under the right club.

i'd have no problems signing thommo for the titans first season to add some experience to an already good looking pack.i honestly can't remember him ever behaving that badly at the saints besides the odd misdameanour when he was younger.i think he's proved what a great clubman he is on and off the field and he's a tireless reliable back rower who turns up every week.if the asking price wasn't to severe i think a good buy.
    a couple of years with Carty might even help his ballplaying ability as well.

Junior Titan

Default lance is the man

he is still young.. he is not even 1 yr older than ryles... and is ryles came available to some months u guys would jump on him.. lance would relish another chance....and especially to be owned by a new club.. he is tough a leader and gives it all... unlike barrett who get injured and injured.. lance bounces straight back after his injuries and hits the paddock.. yes he is a warhorse.. however he is on the field more than off. unlike trent and ryles and gasnier.. he is the man.... and would make a great club captain (not team)..... :leonardo:

Bulldog Titan - he's previously got into a blue with Andrew Hart at the Leagues Club and turned up to training drunk (while experiencing personal problems).

I don't think the Titans should be adding 'trouble' players while they are still creating their culture. Hire hard workers who don't cause trouble off the field. These kind of players will contribute to the clubs work ethic.

Thompson is passionate and has been a very good player. However, this kind of off field crap is not what you need ever, and particularly not at a new club. Also, Khoder Nasser (Thommo's Advisor and Anthony Mundine's manager) should never be allowed within 100 km's of the Gold Coast Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Research Station Drive
    Bulldog Titan - he's previously got into a blue with Andrew Hart at the Leagues Club and turned up to training drunk (while experiencing personal problems).

I don't think the Titans should be adding 'trouble' players while they are still creating their culture. Hire hard workers who don't cause trouble off the field. These kind of players will contribute to the clubs work ethic.

Thompson is passionate and has been a very good player. However, this kind of off field crap is not what you need ever, and particularly not at a new club. Also, Khoder Nasser (Thommo's Advisor and Anthony Mundine's manager) should never be allowed within 100 km's of the Gold Coast Titans.
    so i'm guessing you wouldn't want choc in a titans jersey either