Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Gee didn't see this one coming....
    I didn't see it coming, but looking back now.............
    It seems Carney took note from Turners mistake and found another way out, and I wreckon it might work out for him.
    I'm interested to see the details of this story:
    Did Wigan pursue Carney after he announced he was coming home and offer Pat Richards a trade?
    Or
    Did Carney plan this in advance with Wigan and plot a false retirement?

The events leading up to Carney's retirement and now this are suspicious
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

The only thing that'll stand in the way of the GC accepting this deal is how hard they're going for Lote, the money he's after, every cent will count. Otherwise I see it as a good option.

Carney loves footy and it was only a matter of time before he regretted his decision to give it up. Its unfortunate for the Titans that he's an emotional little thing that struggles to leave the nest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titans First Grader

Warrington saw Richards as the weak link and targeted his side of the field especially on the turnaround. Poor form by Carney if he goes to Wigan.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Why would a Melbourne fan be concerned with this?
    We're not,I reckon the Titans should grab Pat Richards.This has nothing to do with the Turner situation.

Quote Originally Posted by mb63
    We're not,I reckon the Titans should grab Pat Richards.This has nothing to do with the Turner situation.
    The majority know this, it was directed at PROM obviously

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    The difference would be that Wigan and Brian Carney were more than co-operative and compensating in the situation, while Melbourne were completely the opposite.
    True,but I don't think Carney hasn't been totally honest in this whole thing.
    Last edited by mb63; 12-02-07 at 01:52 PM.

At least we'd get a player who can kick a goal line drop out around 60 metres and kick towering kick-offs (We may even get away with using his illegal kicking tees!) Also a very good winger under the high ball. If his heart is in it - pick him up without delay!

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

There has been virtually nothing about this in the UK,not sure Richards would add much,he has been dire for Wigan all last season when he played,rated as one of their worst ever overseas signings.I dont think Brian Carney will play again,his hamstrings are becoming more and more volatile.

:erm: Always makes me a little suspicious when all the details of a deal have been made public without either side actually talking.

Carney is homesick.
    Carney has lost his drive and enthusiasm for the game of league
    Carney has decided to retire
    Titans are considering releasing him from his contract to play in England.
    Carney wants to go to Wigan.
    Wigan may release Richards in an agreed swap.
    Richards is agreeable to the swap and wants to return to Australia.
    And they all lived happy ever after

Which of the above statements is true and which are speculation?

It makes you wonder where this information is actually coming from, why and how long its been known.

Just a thought

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    Can you imagine the uproar from all the melbourne fans (both of them) if the Titans agreed to this?
    I say go with it,just to pi$$ em off!!

I'm a Melbourne fan and in all honesty i couldn't care less if a the deal was struck and i haven't spoken to nor seen any other Storm fan that does care. If you must know i reckon the Titans would be crazy not to take up the offer if there is any truth to the rumor.

In fact i'd go as far to say you'd cop even more criticism off not only Storm fans but all other fans as well if the Titans had the chance to cut a deal and didn't do it. If that was the case they'd be derelict in their duties to themselves, their players, their sponsors and their fans. But in saying that i think it's highly unlikely the powers that be at the Titans would be that silly to not take the opportunity to make their club stronger as they should if the offer comes up. Go for it 110% i reckon.

Your post is a blatantly obvious attempt to to deride Storm supporters and paint them in a bad light (this is where you say we do a good enough job of that ourselves, so predictable ) but all you've managed to do is make yourself look like a complete knob because you're only one that thinks something like this deal would upset us Storm fans, even your fellow fans don't know where the hell you're coming from and why it would bother us. Idiot :rotflmao:

Last edited by Supernova; 14-02-07 at 03:27 PM.

Junior Titan

Although probably not too many NRL fans care too much about the comparison, the Brisbane Lions AFL club had a star player (Mal Michael) who last year applied for and was granted release from the final year of his contract so that he could take early voluntary retirement from the game.

He cited lack of interest and passion in the game and wanted to be allowed to devote more of his time and energy into his altruistic ventures in his homeland of Papua New Guinea.

The Lions ceded to his request in good faith and everything went quiet on the Mal Michael front for a perceived appropriate period of grace.

Then lo and behold, he pops up out of left field re-invigorated for AFL with a signed contract with the Lions arch enemy, Essendon.

Now I don't know what the relevant similarities and differences are between Michael's and Carney's case and nor do I really care but whatever happened to the notion of 'A man's word is his bond'?

I smell a rat or two.

Call me cynical but I can't shake the suspicion that the actions of both of these people were premeditated from start to finish and they treated the people they were dealing with unfairly, uncaringly, and disrespectfully.
    We were born as Giants and nobody took us seriously.

We then grew into Seagulls as our parents nurtured us and we learned the ways of the Rugby League world.

Then in our adolescent years we became the upstart Chargers and caused furrowed brows among many of the 'High and Mighty'.

Now we are adults and the whole world will sit up and take notice that we've arrived and we're here to stay!

We have become and always will be THE GOLD COAST TITANS.

Pretty rotten for Carney to blatantly lie like that. No need to make up retirement stories. He should have been straight with the Titans and just spoke of his home-sickness. Now he just seems like he has bad character.
    As for Pat Richards being a possible swap, I wouldn't mind. He had a great understanding of the way Prince plays and scored many a try off Princey's kicks etc. He does amazing kick-off's too. I'd like to know if he actually wants to return to Australia or if he's happy over there. I think he'd be a good signing if he did venture our way!
    :beer: :naughty:

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova
    I'm a Melbourne fan and in all honesty i couldn't care less if a the deal was struck and i haven't spoken to nor seen any other Storm fan that does care. If you must know i reckon the Titans would be crazy not to take up the offer if there is any truth to the rumor.

In fact i'd go as far to say you'd cop even more criticism off not only Storm fans but all other fans as well if the Titans had the chance to cut a deal and didn't do it. If that was the case they'd be derelict in their duties to themselves, their players, their sponsors and their fans. But in saying that i think it's highly unlikely the powers that be at the Titans would be that silly to not take the opportunity to make their club stronger as they should if the offer comes up. Go for it 110% i reckon.

Your post is a blatantly obvious attempt to to deride Storm supporters and paint them in a bad light (this is where you say we do a good enough job of that ourselves, so predictable ) but all you've managed to do is make yourself look like a complete knob because you're only one that thinks something like this deal would upset us Storm fans, even your fellow fans don't know where the hell you're coming from and why it would bother us. Idiot :rotflmao:

Blah,blah ,blah...check out the smiley face at the end of my posting... :noidea:

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    Blah,blah ,blah...check out the smiley face at the end of my posting... :noidea:

WTF does a smiley face have to do with anything? Do you mean the smiley face after you said " I say go with it, just to pi$$ em off!!" Does a smiley face change the fact that you made an idiot out of yourself thinking it would bother Storm fans if the deal went through when in fact we couldn't give a toss about it? You obviously thought it would or you wouldn't have posted it and nobody else could comprehend why it would possibly affect Storm supporters.

But since you're so big on smiley faces i'll leave you with one of my own :mine:

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

aww...i wish he'd come back to australia..im missing him like hell!!