Titan CEO

Default Elford back at Tigers

Centre Shane Elford has been released by South Sydney to remain with NRL premiers Wests Tigers next season.

Elford was granted a release from his contract after expressing desire to stay with Wests Tigers in the wake of their late season success this year.

"Shane came to us and said he wanted to stay with the Tigers and we are allowing him to do that," South Sydney CEO Shane Richardson said on Friday.

"We don't want players here that don't want to be here, so we have decided to release Shane.

"We have a lot of talent in the centres with juniors such as Yileen Gordon and Beau Champion coming through in leaps and bounds this year, and experienced players like Paul Mellor and Adam MacDougall also vying for the centre positions in 2006.

"We wish Shane the best of luck in 2006."

Smh.com.au

this is disgraceful and low by shane 'spud' elford. I hope the tigers flop next year now.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

This is worse than Chris Walker.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

What a total disgrace, this is just childish.

But the Bunnies wouldn't want someone of such low character in their team.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Great news for the Tigers but terrible news for the Bunnies. It is things like this that the NRL should be fining players for.

the bunnies must have something up their sleeve to just say no worries on ya bike shane.still i hope elford plays the whole year in reserve grade next year now,and with lolesi and whatuira at the tigers he may well have to.

"We don't want players here that don't want to be here.."

Well said Shane Richardson

DeeGan

that is a joke you cant do that maybe souths have something up there sleve but still its a joke i hope he gets a run on and some one polaxes him and his season is over actully i dont care if he can never play again peice of scum

QLD Cup Titan

It is a tremendous gesture by Shane Richardson as he could've easily made Elford honour his contract.

Richo has handled himself well here. His attitude is the way forward for the Bunnies!

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Ipswich Fan
    It is a tremendous gesture by Shane Richardson as he could've easily made Elford honour his contract.
    Any team would let him go...whats the point of having someone there that doesnt want to be there? he wouldnt put in on the field.

things like this have a way of coming back to bite you on the ASS M.R Elford!

GO THE BUNNIES!

I can see why Richo isn't too concerned. Souths have Yileen Gordon and Beau Champion. And if they need him, Adam MacDougall.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

I don't agree with the critisism toward Elford. He clearly enjoyed his success with Wests and his passions laid with them. If someone had their heart orangeandgold how could you force the greenandred upon them? Sure, he made a mistake in signing in the first place... but i don't think we should be overly harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    I don't agree with the critisism toward Elford. He clearly enjoyed his success with Wests and his passions laid with them. If someone had their heart orangeandgold how could you force the greenandred upon them? Sure, he made a mistake in signing in the first place... but i don't think we should be overly harsh.
    his heart obviously wasn't orange and gold when shane richardson waved a wad of cash in front of his face earlier in the year.i'd say it was green and red until the tigers hit their straps toward the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    Hey, if it's enough for Chris Walker to be labelled a Rabbit traitor than it's enough for Elford. People who grow up supporting a club don't have to play with them at any point in their career. The only person who forced the green and red upon Elford is Elford himself. When you make a decision, you stick with it. Backflipping simply inconveniences others.