Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michel~
    Oh...I thought Turners foot injury was caused from....Foot In Mouth Disease :ok:
    Go The Titans :win:
    Hehehehe good one.
    Despite the fact I dont mind Turner I hope Titans win.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~Michel~
    Oh...I thought Turners foot injury was caused from....Foot In Mouth Disease :ok:
    Go The Titans :win:
    haha Z!NG

can't believe the titans onfield legacy kicks off today.

Watch this pace

Dave Donaghy

February 17, 2007 12:00am

Article from:

MELBOURNE Storm halfback Cooper Cronk believes new halves partner Greg Inglis will dominate the NRL this season after flying under the radar in the build-up to tonight's historic trial match against Gold Coast at Coffs Harbour.

Inglis this week avoided most of the hoopla surrounding his switch to five-eighth as Storm players and Gold Coast officials traded public barbs over Steve Turner.

Turner is a contentious issue between the clubs after the 22-year-old turned his back on a three-year-deal with the Titans to remain in Melbourne.

The continued bickering has been a blessing for Inglis, 20, who has been able to concentrate on adapting to his new role while avoiding the fanfare.

Cronk, who shifted permanently to halfback at the start of last season, said his combination with Inglis had developed much faster than expected.

But he warned Inglis needed to learn how the halves work in unison with tough hooker Cameron Smith and electric fullback Billy Slater to be a stand-out success.

"Teaching Greggy and Bill how me and Cam (Smith) operate is not something new, but it's a bit different for Greggy," Cronk said.

"We thought it was going to be a lot harder but we're definitely a lot further down the track than I thought we would be.

"With Greggy, not much affects that kid, he can do anything one night and sleep all day the next and he won't miss a beat. He's a good kid and I'm glad he's on my side."

Inglis, who grew up in the Coffs region, yesterday said he was relaxed heading into the encounter.

Storm finalised its preparations at Coffs Harbour International Stadium last night with Turner narrowly avoiding an awkward meeting with Titans chief executive Michael Searle.

Turner had claimed Searle was trying to "stir the pot" with comments earlier in the week that Turner should expect a "bit of treatment" in the trial.

Gold Coast utility Mat Rogers said it was ridiculous to think the Titans would target Turner.

"To think that we're going to disrupt our pre-season by focusing a game on one bloke to try and get some revenge is ridiculous," Rogers said.

Dallas Johnson will lead Melbourne's 19-man squad tonight, getting his first taste of the captaincy since being promoted to Storm's five-man leadership group.

Young gun Israel Falou suffered a broken nose in Thursday night's lopsided trial between a Storm reserve grade outfit and a Group 2 representative side. Storm won 68-4.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...-14823,00.html

Myles ready for Inglis

AAP

February 16, 2007 12:00am

Article from:

GOLD Coast utility David Myles says he isn't concerned about marking Melbourne Storm star Greg Inglis in an NRL trial this weekend.

Preparing for his first game in eight months, Myles has the unenviable task of shutting down Inglis, who will play in the unfamiliar five-eighth role when Storm plays the Titans in Coffs Harbour tomorrow. Inglis, who scored 18 tries from 19 games last year, is set to take over as five-eighth following the departure of veteran Scott Hill to England.

"I don't really know much about him as a five-eighth but I know he's a very talented and skilful player," said Myles, who last played for French club Toulouse in June.

"I'm sure he'll excel anywhere he plays on the field. He's a very dangerous player.

"I think Inglis can do anything in our game, I honestly do. He's going to be one of the next superstars.

"Having him closer to the action, I think he'll pick it up (the five-eighth role) no problems but I won't be worrying about Greg Inglis as much as worrying about ourselves.

"It's our first trial match and we'll be looking to get things right for the first competition game (against St George Illawarra in Brisbane on March 18)."

Myles, 29, is one of the few players with NRL experience named in coach John Cartwright's 28-man squad for the trial.

He has played for the Gold Coast Chargers, Cronulla, New Zealand Warriors and North Queensland but wants to hang up his boots as a Titan.

Being on a one-year deal only, Myles realises he needs a big 2007 season to impress Cartwright.

"I don't really want to travel anywhere else and play footy. I'm hoping I can stay here for another couple of years," he said. "I've sort of done a full circle in the rugby league world.

"I'm looking to make this year a big one and get an extended contract."

The Titans leave for Coffs Harbour today and will spend most of next week in camp in the town in preparation for a February 24 trial against Parramatta in Lismore.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...-14823,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by spikejoness
    arial black5dark orangeb :') After purchasing Tickets for Storm V Titans on Sat 17 th. I now find that the Team Playing is more or less a Reserve side. A very poor show by Titans Management. Not a great start for me at all, I will be very wary of any other games arranged like this. Shame on you.
    Already a disgruntled Fan.
    Carty is a smart man selecting this team. He virtually knows who his season run on squad is. Don't forget that this is a trial game, they aren't playing for sheep stations. Trial games are where you need to find your future talent. He will be watching these young guys for the "What ifs" during the season. What if Preston or Bails gets injured. Where does he look to... The kids who have trained hard, performed well in the trial games and have maintained good form in the QLD Cup.

Don't worry, if you are down there, Im sure Princey, Preston, Bails and the other top name guys will be there watching nervously because one of these kids may produce something special.

All the best
    Dee13

Quote Originally Posted by spikejoness
    arial black5dark orangeb :') After purchasing Tickets for Storm V Titans on Sat 17 th. I now find that the Team Playing is more or less a Reserve side. A very poor show by Titans Management. Not a great start for me at all, I will be very wary of any other games arranged like this. Shame on you.
    Already a disgruntled Fan.
    Spike, I wonder have you ever played or had much to do with Rugby League before? Trial matches are just that. A trial of your new and current players to give them a chance to show there attributes on the feild plus get some game time. Different teams look for different things from trials. Craig Bellamy from the Storm said that they would be playing a strong team and agreed that teams look for different things from trials. When the season gets a bit closer, you will see some of the more recognised players take the feild.
    Smithy
    Titan Fan #1
    Bring on 2007

if u read the news article
    u would see most teams use the preseason to find new talent incase of injury's n stuff
    + u paying for charity

SCORE UPDATE

Gold Coast Titans: 0
    Tries:
    Goals:

Melbourne Storm: 6

Tries: Johnston
    Goals: Smith
    Last edited by Queenslander; 17-02-07 at 07:46 PM.

SCORE UPDATE

Gold Coast Titans: 0
    Tries:
    Goals:

Melbourne Storm: 12

Tries: Johnston, Quinn
    Goals: Smith 2

12-0 hmm shame there is no tv coverage

robrabbitoh j-rabbit , john sutton

where r the score updates comming from

robrabbitoh j-rabbit , john sutton

Quote Originally Posted by robrabbitoh
    We have DIEHARD and DeeGan at the game and they are SMSing Queenlander the scores...

Quote Originally Posted by robrabbitoh
    As posted in this thread previously DeeGan is at the game and sending SMS score updates to myself.

Im pretty sure that this is the only place on the internet to get these scores :chef:

rence5678

it says in this thread hes posting the results through sms. deegan is in coffs harbour watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    As posted in this thread previously DeeGan is at the game and sending SMS score updates to myself.

Im pretty sure that this is the only place on the internet to get these scores :chef:
    Yep mate... and keep them coming... it's like the footy season ATM... I have my eye on here for the scores for this game, and my other eye on the Wests site for the foundation cup scores.... ah it's great to have the footy back again...