Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Trial: Gold Coast Titans vs Melbourne Storm

Gold Coast Titans vs Melbourne Storm
    Coffs Harbour, February 17th 2007, 6:30pm (QLD Time)

FINAL SCORE

Gold Coast Titans: 6
    Tries: Walker
    Goals: Walker

Melbourne Storm: 32

Tries: Johnson, Quin, Tagataese, Chambers 2, Slater
    Goals: Smith 4

HALF TIME: Storm 12-6
    FULL TIME: Storm 32-6

************************************************** ***************************************
    Referee: Tony Archer

Team Notes:

Gold Coast
    The first competitive match played by the Titans
    Melbourne
    Eleven players from last season's Grand Final team were named in the 19-man squad to participate in the clash against the NRL's newest franchise, including full-back Billy Slater, half-back Cooper Cronk and centre Matt King.

Anthony Quinn will make his debut for the Storm after being named in the centres, while big-man Matt Rua makes his return to the game in the back row.

Greg Inglis will start his first match in the No.6 jersey, while Cameron Smith will continue in his role as hooker

Teams.

GOLD COAST TITANS

Richie Mathers
    Chris Walker
    Josh Graham
    Jordan Atkins
    Nathaniel Barnes
    David Myles
    Isaac Kaufmann
    Michael Henderson
    Tim McCann
    Brad Meyers
    Michael Hodgson
    Adam Hutchison
    Kris Kahler
    Nick Parfitt
    James Wood
    Joel Reithmuller
    Chris Enahoro
    Andrew Maroney
    Matt Austin
    Murray Emmerson
    Matt Francis
    Tyson Lofipo
    Josh Costello
    Matt Pow
    Josh Blatch
    Kale Burton
    Smith Samau
    Josh Vaughn

MELBOURNE STORM
    1. Billy Slater
    2. Matt Geyer
    3. Matt King
    4. Anthony Quinn
    5. Steve Turner
    6. Greg Inglis
    7. Cooper Cronk
    8. Ian Donnelly
    9. Cameron Smith
    10. Garret Crossman
    11. Jeremy Smith
    12. Matt Rua
    13. Dallas Johnson.
    Interchange:
    14. Will Chambers
    15. Russell Aitken
    16. Ben Cross
    17. Jeff Lima
    18. Sam Tagataese
    19. James Aubusson.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 17-02-07 at 09:39 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Storm expecting fired up Titans

Melbourne Storm wing Steve Turner can expect to cop some rough treatment if he plays against Gold Coast Titans in a National Rugby League trial next month.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy has indicated he will play Turner in the February 17 trial in Coffs Harbour if the 22-year-old is ready.

Bellamy says he won't be taking any heat off Turner, who reneged on a three-year agreement with the NRL newcomers to stay in Melbourne.

Gold Coast co-captain Scott Prince hinted today the Titans planned to even the score with the rebel wing.

"The Storm and the Titans have formed a rivalry already and I'm sure if Steve Turner plays he'll be copping a bit," Prince said.

The stalemate over Turner ended last week when Melbourne agreed to pay compensation and send two players - Smith Samau and Daniel Isaac - to Gold Coast.

But it has since emerged that Samau may require shoulder surgery.

Scans will reveal the full extent of the injury tomorrow.

TAB Sportsbet has installed the Titans ($4.25) as second favourite behind Canberra ($2.50) to get the wooden spoon but Prince isn't concerned.

"As far as the odds and the betting, it's someone else's opinion," the former Queensland and Australia halfback said.

"It takes the pressure off us and that's the way we like it. We can't wait."

Prince said the intensity at training had dropped off because the squad was doing ballwork and defensive drills but trainer Billy Johnstone warned the players it would pick up again this week.

The Titans play trials against Melbourne, Parramatta and Penrith before their NRL season-opener against St George-Illawarra on March 18.

Source: FOX SPORTS

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Junior Titan

Does anyone know the latest on Smith Samau' shoulder? Was he getting checked out today or tomorrow?

Parra Petty

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Parra Petty
    Does anyone know the latest on Smith Samau' shoulder? Was he getting checked out today or tomorrow?

Parra Petty
    I think I read scan results will be known today.

Quote Originally Posted by mb63
    I think I read scan results will be known today.
    The above was my understanding ... not 100% sure.

What a thread - our first ever trial

I will be there, the Legion will be there and the Gold Coast Titans will make their debut against a team who will be one our main rivals after this off season's Turner fiasco eace:

Go the Titans.

We are getting closer and closer to our first trial ladies and gents!!

I have now hit the "like a kid waiting for Christmas" level

Id like to see them start with a field goal in golden point win to start them off

Titan First Grade Regular

I'd like to see Richie Mathers scoring 5 tries
    [

NRL Trial Game: Jetstar Gold Coast Titans v Melbourne Storm

NRL's newest team - the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans - will play their very first trial game against 2006 Grand Finalists, the Melbourne Storm, on 17 February 2007 at the BCU International Stadium, formerly the Coffs Coast International Stadium.

With players of the calibre of Nathan Friend, who played in Melbourne Storm's 2006 Grand Final team and is now heading up the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans impressive squad, the club is set to make a major impact on the league in 2007 and this trial game will be their stepping off point. Former Sawtell Panthers Kevin and Dennis Gordon have also been signed up to the current squad, something for local fans to be excited about.

All players will be on edge as spots in the Jetstar Gold Coast Titan's inaugural NRL appearance against St George Illawarra on March 18 are currently up for grabs.

Date: Saturday, 17 February 2007
    Time: Gates open 1.30pm, lead-up games in the afternoon, main game starts 7.30pm

Ticket Prices:
    under 14s - $9
    children under five - free
    concessions - $14
    adults - $19
    grandstand - $29

Follow this link to buy tickets online - http://www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/...ourne-storm.asp

Junior Titan

smiths shoulder got the green light from all reports
    CHURCH OF LOCKYER AND THE LATER DAY BRONCOS

LOCKYER IS GOD - THEREFORE SUNCORP IS MY CHURCH

Lockyer Psalm 1.1

"Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didnt let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasnt one more thing you could've done. "

Quote Originally Posted by SpRiNgWoOd
    smiths shoulder got the green light from all reports
    I heard that - I won't get too excited until we hear an official word.

dee13 or Parra Petty may have turned up at training and we may get more there ...

I hope he plays, this kid has big raps on him and I think we have got a real steal here in Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I heard that - I won't get too excited until we hear an official word.

dee13 or Parra Petty may have turned up at training and we may get more there ...

I hope he plays, this kid has big raps on him and I think we have got a real steal here in Smith.
    Sorry guys I had to work overtime at the other end of town. I so wanted to get there though.

Also will be good to see Prince and Campbell and how they go.
    Two premiership winning halves have good potential at the Titans and I think will take them to the finals.

Well one player has been confirmed for the first titans match:

Walker in for Titans' debut
    Brad Walter
    February 8, 2007

FORMER Queensland Origin star Chris Walker will take his first step towards rebuilding his NRL career after being selected in the Gold Coast Titans side for the competition newcomers' trial debut against Melbourne.

Walker, who has had stints with Brisbane, Souths, Sydney Roosters and Melbourne, is expected to be promoted into the Titans' top squad before their opening premiership clash with St George Illawarra at Suncorp Stadium following the departures of Steve Turner and Brian Carney.

He is one of just a small number of first graders in the 28-man squad for the match at Coffs Harbour against the club he left midway through last year, along with returning Gold Coast products Clint Amos and Luke O'Dwyer.

Amos, a Burleigh Heads junior who spent three years in North Queensland before returning home, has the first shot at securing the hooking role, as Nathan Friend is unlikely to be fit for Gold Coast's March 18 premiership return, for which more than 20,000 tickets have already been sold.

The decision to allow Turner to remain at the Storm in return for promising juniors Smith Samau and Daniel Isaac leaves former Bronco Nick Parfitt and English recruit Richard Mathers to battle it out for the fullback job, while Australian schoolboys halfback Chris Sandow will be under scrutiny during the February 17 trial match as a back-up to playmakers Scott Prince and Preston Campbell.

"There is a lot of talent [on the Gold Coast]," Amos said after training yesterday. "You see a lot of guys go to the Broncos as well as Sydney, and Palm Beach Currumbin and Keebra Park are probably two of the best schools around so it's great that the Gold Coast has now got an NRL team.

"I really enjoyed my time at the Cowboys and it was good to be able to make my NRL debut there last year, but once the Gold Coast were in I was always wanting to come back and play here, so to run out with a Titans jersey on in the very first game is going to be a dream come true."

Source:smh