Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

haha Brumbies lose by 1 point. I was so disappointed when I heard the progress score on the local news to find out that it wasn't being played in Canberra. The weather would have been perfect. I was watching the local news on free to air because fox was knocked out by storms, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan Club Captain

haha suck **** geroge smith!

w00t for my boys wasnt the most exciting game, but i'll take the 2 points AND top of the table thanks!

Titan One Clubman

What Brilliant news, now all we need is a downpour like the one seen for the dogs-Raiders Final at Telstra last year..

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    What Brilliant news, now all we need is a downpour like the one seen for the dogs-Raiders Final at Telstra last year..
    For someone who so passionately hates Rugby Union and the only pretty successful rugby team based in Canberra (Don't quite understand why you hate the brumbies in particular, they represent the ACT all the same.) you sure post here alot shifty :whatd:

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by Meh
    For someone who so passionately hates Rugby Union and the only pretty successful rugby team based in Canberra (Don't quite understand why you hate the brumbies in particular, they represent the ACT all the same.) you sure post here alot shifty :whatd:
    They represent us so well they dumped the A.C.T from there name to CELEBRATE 10 YEARS!, yep gotta applaud that... They also have little credibility as they dropped a Premiership winning coach for a Hermit.

The sooner they f*ck off to Melbourne the better...

As for posting in this thread, it is just a way of my getting my message out there, they don't deserve their own topic..

They represent us so well they dumped the A.C.T from there name to CELEBRATE 10 YEARS!, yep gotta applaud that... They also have little credibility as they dropped a Premiership winning coach for a Hermit.

The sooner they f*ck off to Melbourne the better...

As for posting in this thread, it is just a way of my getting my message out there, they don't deserve their own topic..
    That premiership winning coach was also at the helm when the wallabies had a record losing streak when they went to 7 straight loses during 2005, he could have eventually led them to the same result...

I'm not a Brumbies fan so I don't mind if you want to disown a successful ACT based rugby team the same way they apparently dumped the ACT, but maybe earning their second 1st place finish a decade after the last raiders premiership might entitle them to a little discussion within a super 14 thread.

Titan One Clubman

That premiership winning coach was also at the helm when the wallabies had a record losing streak when they went to 7 straight loses during 2005, he could have eventually led them to the same result...
    Not the biggest Rugby Fan (obviously) but as far as I k now David Nuciefora (spelling) never coached the wallabies...

As for not deserving their own topic, that was in reference to me and starting up a thread just to view my anti_brumbies Stance.

Not the biggest Rugby Fan (obviously) but as far as I k now David Nuciefora (spelling) never coached the wallabies...

As for not deserving their own topic, that was in reference to me and starting up a thread just to view my anti_brumbies Stance.
    That's fair enough, but for someone who hates Rugby you got pretty close to the right spelling of Nucifora

for someone who hates Rugby you got pretty close to the right spelling of Nucifora
    Thats compelling enough for me. Schifty is a closet Brumbies and Union fan. I'm leaking it to the Raider's Army, they'll have a lynch-mob at his door by midnight.

Titan One Clubman

That's fair enough, but for someone who hates Rugby you got pretty close to the right spelling of Nucifora
    When your surname is 10 letters long with 4 vowels you tend to get the knack of spelling long names.. Fark as a raiders fan we had to master Schifcofske ffs!

Default $700,000? Gimme a break

$700,000? Gimme a break

LOTE Tuqiri, the hottest property in either rugby code, hasn't scored a try in six months.

And the New South Wales Waratahs winger has made just one line break in the first three games of the Super 14 competition this year, according to figures supplied by Fox Sports Stats.

The statistics show that Tuqiri is averaging five runs a game, which hardly represents value for a player asking in the vicinity of $700,000 a season.

But the lack of output extends beyond the Waratahs' first three Super 14 matches in South Africa, with Tuqiri failing to score a try during the Wallabies' disastrous tour to Europe last year.

You have to go back to August 19 for Tuqiri's most recent try, when he crossed twice against the All Blacks at Eden Park.

While the run of poor form is unlikely to dampen the enthusiasm of the rugby provinces and NRL clubs chasing him, it has raised the eyebrows of experts from both codes.

Former Wallaby Chris Handy openly questioned the $700,000 asking price of Tuqiri, who inspected the Rabbitohs' training facilities last week and is due to meet with the Brisbane Broncos this week.

Handy claimed Tuqiri no longer had rugby union's best interests at heart.

"Every day I pick up the paper and see a photo of Lote and I keep turning the page," Handy said.

"I'm not sure who's driving this agenda. Lote or his advisers.

"Is it good for rugby? No. But Lote obviously thinks it's appropriate to drag himself around to rugby league clubs.

"I'm not sure where his heart is, I don't think it's with the game or his team-mates. I feel sorry for his NSW team-mates who have to play with a less-contributing Lote Tuqiri.

"I also feel for (Ewen) McKenzie (New South Wales coach), who's watched this process drag along while also trying to finalise the contracts of half a dozen other Waratahs players."

Tuqiri said on Sydney radio that he would like to make a decision "sooner rather than later".

"I just want to get on with playing some good footy on the park with the Tahs and making a go of this season," he said.

"I haven't received a final offer from the ARU yet. I'm still waiting on that. You get portrayed in a bit of a bad light (talking to other clubs). They (the ARU) got the ball rolling last year so I'm waiting for them to get back to me and then we can go from there."

Former Balmain hooker Benny Elias slammed the Tuqiri price tag.

"I don't know what NRL club could pay him that type of money," Elias said.

"It's a third of the salary cap, for a winger. I'd pass.

"I do think he's a champion player but Joey Johns wouldn't be near that type of money and he kicks goals from the sideline, he touches the ball 90 per cent of the time and he defends like a forward.

"I look at all those attributes when I'm buying a player. I'll be surprised if Tuqiri comes to league because I don't think a football club can afford him."

It's understood rugby officials are disenchanted with Tuqiri's dealings with the rival code, especially in a World Cup year.

The growing contention among fans is that Tuqiri owes it to the ARU to focus on his immediate concern - the Waratahs - and not his long-term future.

McKenzie said: "I could understand if people thought there was something a little bit smelly about that, but that's how he wants to conduct his affairs.

"He is certainly out and about and checking out his options.

"I guess everyone's entitled to do it their way.

"But the reality is that while I've got that going, I've got another 11 players off contract I've got to deal with in the next three weeks. I need to focus on all of those and I can't be just spending all of my time with Lote."

The Sunday Telegraph
    Source: www.foxsports.com.au

Thats interesting. I don't watch union so I had no idea he's done bugger all in 6 months. But to be honest, even if he'd scored a hat trick in every match in the last year it would add up to $700,000 for a winger, centre at best.

Got a chuckle seeing Elias popping up, but surprisingly I agree with him for the first time. Our game's leading players are on the dollars Tuqiri wants and they are play makers that change games. Wingers don't win premierships.

Titan Club Captain

LMAO

If Lote is the hottest property in league, what the hell is Richie McCaw then!

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    LMAO

If Lote is the hottest property in league, what the hell is Richie McCaw then!
    Better yet, WHO the hell is Richie McCaw?

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Better yet, WHO the hell is Richie McCaw?
    ARE YOU SERIOUS?

:!:

He is only the All Black captain, and the best player in the world!