Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Lote may actually sign for less than what he was paid in union,like Rogers the thought of returning to league may compensate for less cash.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    Lote may actually sign for less than what he was paid in union,like Rogers the thought of returning to league may compensate for less cash.
    If he's realistic about a return to League I don't think he'll have much choice other than to take a pay cut. Majority of clubs would be unable to compete with union offers if he was a show stopping halfback, none for a wing/centre, they just can't demand that much cash in league, no matter how good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

Maybe defect to the NFL ala willie mason?

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    Maybe defect to the NFL ala willie mason?
    LOL He could do!

NBA perhaps.. He's a tall bugger

Titan First Grade Regular

He might actually be a very good RB in the NFL, in LT's position, i forgot whats its called..
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    He might actually be a very good RB in the NFL, in LT's position, i forgot whats its called..
    Well if over weight tanks with beer guts can excell at that sport I see no reason Tuqiri couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Well if over weight tanks with beer guts can excell at that sport I see no reason Tuqiri couldn't.
    The beer-gut guys are generally in the defensive line, Tuqiri would be either a Wide Reciever, a Tight-End, or a Running back in my not-so-expert opinion.
    Once he gets used to it, he could be awesome!
    But, i doubt he will go.
    [

Broncos want Lote back
    Peter Badel
    January 20, 2007 11:00pm

THE Broncos have officially entered the battle for Lote Tuqiri's signature as the NRL premiers intensify their quest to lure the Wallabies sensation to Red Hill.

The development came as Tuqiri broke his silence on being dismissed from a pre-season Wallabies camp a fortnight ago, admitting the fallout had left "a bad taste in my mouth".

Pursuit of the dual international by NRL clubs has gathered pace in the new year, with Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett meeting with Tuqiri's business mentor Les Ross last week.

Tuqiri has now held preliminary talks with four NRL clubs ? Cronulla, Brisbane, Souths and the Roosters, whom he met for a second time on Friday.

The Fijian flyer is also scheduled to meet Storm chief executive Brian Waldron in Melbourne this week.

Brisbane insists it will not break the bank to sign Tuqiri, who has declined an Australian Rugby Union four-year $3.4 million offer.

But Bennett's influence could play a decisive role in delivering the winger.

"I met with Wayne and we had a good chat ? he's very interested," Ross said. "Lote has spent two-thirds of his career at the Broncos.

"We spoke in general terms. Wayne keeps his cards close to his chest but he would like to make a real pitch for Lote. To be honest, I don't know whether they can afford him but Wayne doesn't want the Broncos to be left out of the picture."

Speaking exclusively to The Sunday Mail, Tuqiri admitted a return to Queensland to play for either the Broncos or rugby's Reds was a distinct possibility.

"I have a soft spot for the Broncos," he said. "I won a premiership with Brisbane and I went from a boy to a man there. I joined them at 16 and have a lot of fond memories.

"I miss playing with guys like Darren Lockyer and have a lot of good mates there. I definitely haven't ruled out going back to Queensland."

In a boost for rugby league, Ross said the 27-year-old would be prepared to accept a "competitive" offer to return to the NRL.

But Broncos boss Bruno Cullen admits the club must bank on Tuqiri taking a significant pay cut to have a genuine chance of signing him.

"I don't know if we can get to Lote's asking price but we've had lengthy discussions," Cullen said.

"We'd love Lote on board. I think he's at the peak of his powers, he's a great athlete and he's still a very popular guy with players at this club.

"If he is satisfied with where he is financially in his life, then maybe Lote will consider taking less to play with us."

The Broncos will face stern opposition from the Reds, who have emerged as serious players in the fight for the backline powerhouse.

"I have a good relationship with Eddie (coach Jones) ? the Reds are definitely an option," Tuqiri said.

"We had a good chat about the role I would play at the Reds and what style they are planning to use as a team.

"Apparently Alex Pope (Reds general manager) said they weren't interested in me but I've been talking to Eddie and he says he's keen to get me on board."

Tuqiri admits he was disappointed at being sent home from the Wallabies' pre-season camp, but rubbished claims his lack of fitness proved he had lost his passion for rugby.

The Sunday Mail

Now that sounds promising.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The Fijian flyer is also scheduled to meet Storm chief executive Brian Waldron in Melbourne this week.
    Storm on the hunt for more of a backline? :ok:

Whats the go with Lote not being fit enough for a Wallabies camp? The WC is a fair way off and I dare say he's the best thing in that team even under done.

I hope Lote is happy to take a bit of a pay cut and return to League. Such a waste to have a first class athlete in a second rate sport.

Titan One Clubman

So when is this Fijian Flyer due to meet with Simon Hawkins?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    So when is this Fijian Flyer due to meet with Simon Hawkins?
    Not until Lote gets done DUI and has his contract with another club torn up.

Titan One Clubman

Not until Lote gets done DUI and has his contract with another club torn up.
    Walked right into that one

Storm on the hunt for more of a backline? :ok:

Whats the go with Lote not being fit enough for a Wallabies camp? The WC is a fair way off and I dare say he's the best thing in that team even under done.

I hope Lote is happy to take a bit of a pay cut and return to League. Such a waste to have a first class athlete in a second rate sport.
    Its not a second rate sport. Many people class it above league.
    [

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    Its not a second rate sport. Many people class it above league.
    Only people that class it above (in Australia) is upper class corporate tossers..

Fact is the only reason the Brumbies get decent crowds because of the whole corporate support and the fact it is 'cool' to be seen there..
    Once these wallaby players retire the Brumbies will fall big time, and within 5 years they will ship off to Victoria.. Union is starting to die in this country, a lackluster world cup campaign will seal it's faith..

Oh and for the record, the Union's new national comp thing recently sold it's TV rights for around 100k .. Fact the sport needs a whored up international super 14 comp for people to be remotely interested, the sport can't survive by itself in the county. Even the A-League is showing great signs with a massive Tv deal and 6 of 8 clubs averaging 10k+ for their home matches....
    A national Rugby comp will have poor crowds, just like when 500 people packed viking park for the Australian Provincial championship

I think it is about time someone thought you some facts

p.s Those that would like to subscribe to my Anti_union journal feel free to PM me.