Default Tri-Nations: GB Lions side named

Tri-Nations: GB Squad named

GB: Fielden, Cunningham, Morley, Pea****, Johnson, Sinfield, Horne, Harris, Pryce, Senior, Gleeson, Carney, Wellens, Ellis, Thackray, Higham, Deacon, Gilmour, Walker.
    Well, my little Leeds Rhino mate Rob Burrow is gooorrrnne. I don't agree with the move as he was not to blame for the poor showing vs Australia. I would of dropped Deacon before Rob Burrow as he does add impact off the bench if used correctly.

IF Noble persists with a two-headed monster at half, they have no chance of stealing a win here. It just doesn't work at this level and is a waste of one bench spot.

Good to see Jamie Thackray in the squad, I think he is made for test match rugby league.

I will get something more 'official' as it is released. This is from www.rlfans.com

DeeGan
    Last edited by DeeGan; 03-11-05 at 01:52 AM.

Carney lives to fight another day. At least for now...as it's a 19 man squad.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

From http://www.BBC.co.uk

Lions axe Burrow for Aussie clash

Leeds scrum-half Rob Burrow has been dropped by Great Britain coach Brian Noble for Saturday's Tri-Nations clash with Australia at Wigan's JJB Stadium.
    St Helens prop Nick Fozzard also misses out, but Iestyn Harris and Richard Horne are both in Noble's 19-man squad.

Horne and Harris look set to team up at half-back, with Leeds skipper Kevin Sinfield moving to loose forward.

Winger Brian Carney keeps his place despite a poor performance in Britain's opening loss to New Zealand.

GB: Fielden, Cunningham, Morley, Pea****, Johnson, Sinfield, Horne, Harris, Pryce, Senior, Gleeson, Carney, Wellens, Ellis, Thackray, Higham, Deacon, Gilmour, Walker.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Better squad than last time, Richard Horne deserves his place, he should be the halfback.

mmmmm interesting,will it solve their problems only time will tell.i think the squad is a more versatile 1 with the changes he's made but he has to get the make up of the side right.

Great Britain: P Wellens (St Helens); B Carney (Wigan), M Gleeson (Warrington), K Senior (Leeds), L Pryce (Bradford); I Harris (Bradford), P Deacon (Bradford); S Fielden (Bradford), K Cunningham (St Helens), A Morley (Sydney Roosters), P Johnson (Bradford), J Pea**** (Bradford, capt), K Sinfield (Leeds).

Replacements (from): M Higham (St Helens), J Thackray (Hull), L Gilmour (St Helens), G Ellis (Leeds), C Walker (Leeds).

Horne has been omitted

The right move has been made in starting Adrian Morley from Noble, a much better starting pack that will give your backline every chance to make it happen against us.

For the last time, Jamie Thackray is made for test match rugby league, I think he will be a influential player in this match for GB.

O'Meley v Thackray I: Two young bulls meet for the first time....

DeeGan

Much better looking side. I dare say Micky Higham will be the other to be ommitted.