Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Gaming: PS3 or XBOX 360

Gaming: PS3 or XBOX 360?

Very simply, I want to know what the majority of the gaming community would prefer when both consoles are released in 2006.

Post your reasons why as well.

Cheers

DeeGan

Nintendo Revolution
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hmm, Nintendo, what is this Nintendo you speak of DIEHARD?

I am not interested in Mario Bros vs Zelda, I want the console that plays the sporting sims better than any of the three

DeeGan

Xbox 360 is more of a visual change to console then graphics.Xbox 360 has like a changeable interface(like nokia fone covers).

Nintendo sold out a long time ago they've released so many gimmicks to gameboys started off gameboy original then gameboy slim,gameboy multiply colours,gameboy gold,gameboy colour screen(that was pretty big),gameboy colour slim line,gameboy advanced,gameboy touchscreen and now its gameboy micro at the moment.I wont even begin to name all the console units we would be here till tomorrow.

But PS3 man,its going to blow everyone outta the ball park...enough said!
    Steve Rogers- A True Immortal!

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

I'm a PS fan through and through. I think it's a bit like the Ford vs holden debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Titans#1
    I'm a PS fan through and through. I think it's a bit like the Ford vs holden debate.
    With the PS being ford (old, outdated) and XBOX being holden (new, sassy, reliable) By the way im a fan of XBOX 360 if you couldnt tell

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

PS3 has bloody awesome hardware, but the Xbox 360 can match that. Xbox has wireless controllers, free Xbox live, backwards compatibility etc.

PS3 is supposed to have pictures that look like movies, but concrete evidence has not been supplied, only promo reels. Sony say the rumour is true, but this was also supposedly the case for PS2.

PS3 has backwards compatibility, but its controllers look anorexic.

Nintendo Revolution has a one-handed controller.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Titan First Grade Regular Titans#1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idoit
    Nintendo Revolution has a one-handed controller.
    Is that so if you are playing 2 player, you can distract the other player with your free hand? Or just so you can get drunk quicker cause you don't have to pause the game to have a drink? :dizzy: :naughty:

I have been using PS and PS2 for about 10-odd years but I really like the look and feel of the XBOX. The only problem I have with the XBOX is the different controllers to PS. Both are awesome consoles that are just about equal IMO.

BTW - PS3 will have wireless USB controllers with up to 7 at a time, plus USB memory cards. I am not sure about XBOX360 though, I will find out

I basically grew up playing games and have owned every single system there has been.

The 360 will be a good system. The Ps3 will be a revolution.

Look at the XBox360 as a 1.5 upgrade over the current generation. It will be out first, it will have same handy games....and eventually I'll buy one.

But thye PS3 is the system to have. Its a real step forward in home entertainment.

Visit My Web Site At Its NEW Address: http://www.leaguefreak.com/

ps3 all the way, the specs kill 360, but i hate new controllers, bering back the ps2 ones.

Well I will end up getting both yet my preference will be the PS3 simply for the online play I continue to get with games like Madden against the Americans.

I am hoping we are going to be able purchase NCAA without having to mod the PS3.

Anyone able to confirm this 'hearsay' item:

You are able to download games online that you would not necessarily be able to buy for PAL?

DeeGan

I think you will find that type of thing will be avalible with the PS3.

I think what they will do is have online shopping through their online service. You'll be able to buy games, music and stuff like that.

Thats just speculation on my behalf, but Im pretty sure thats the way the PS3 will be headed.

You'll also find the PS3 will be a very good system for talking to people in something similar to a video conference.

Visit My Web Site At Its NEW Address: http://www.leaguefreak.com/

Quote Originally Posted by League Freak
    I think you will find that type of thing will be avalible with the PS3.

I think what they will do is have online shopping through their online service. You'll be able to buy games, music and stuff like that.

Thats just speculation on my behalf, but Im pretty sure thats the way the PS3 will be headed.

You'll also find the PS3 will be a very good system for talking to people in something similar to a video conference.
    Cheers LF

I would be none surprised as Sony I believe will launch the product in it's simplest form with the features in place to accomodate the above. The ability to d/load games would be awesome.

Makes the mind tick over, what type of Rugby League game would developers be able to spit out with this type of machine???

DeeGan

Everyone just remeber that tio get the great pictures then you will have to buy a flat screen TV. i actually heard an Xbox Rep say this. if anyones used an Xbox on a normal and then a big flat screen then you will know wat im talking about