People need to be more like CS imo

Titan One Clubman

yep.

Antony Perkins --> Cowboys

Winger signs for two seasons

ANTONY STEWART
    12Jun07

Anthony Perkins

WHILE they wait for David Faiumu to make a decision on his future, the Cowboys have further shored up their backline depth by signing Norths Devil Anthony Perkins.

Winger Perkins, who is a member of the Melbourne Storm squad, agreed to a two-year deal and will join the Cowboys for the 2008 season.

The 20-year-old from Roma impressed Cowboys coach Graham Murray when he played for the Devils against the Young Guns in April.

Club chief executive Peter Parr said coaching staff were confident they had recruited a star of the future.

"Graham is convinced on the footage that he has seen that he's playing NRL standard at the moment and we have no doubts that he is an NRL-standard player," Parr said of Perkins, who was the Storm's travelling 18th man for their weekend trip to Auckland.

With the Cowboys entering a player-retention phase following last week's prize signing of Manly five-eighth Travis Burns, Parr said Perkins' signature did not mean other off-contract players would be forced to look elsewhere.

Although yet to table an offer to Brenton Bowen, Parr met with the winger's manager on Saturday and said North Queensland were looking to retain the 24-year-old beyond 2007.

The club is also in the midst of a waiting game over the future of New Zealand international hooker Faiumu.

Faiumu, 24, is believed to be weighing up his options after reportedly attracting interest from the Sydney Roosters and the Bulldogs.

Parr said the Cowboys would not rush the Test player for a decision but were hopeful of receiving an answer soon.

"Dave's had an offer now for over a week and ... his manager is telling us that he has got a bit of interest from other clubs," Parr said.

"I think Dave would like to make a decision soon and so would we.

"I will talk to his manager again tomorrow and see how close or far away we are from getting decision."

Parr confirmed he had also spoken with Justin Smith's manager yesterday and said that while it was not out of the question, the Cowboys were yet to offer the utility a contract.

GO THE MAROONS!

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Rumour

Ashton Sims to the Dogs

Richie Williams to Penrith.

Newcastle's Brad Tighe has signed a 3 year deal with Penrith.

Ben Roberts Re-signs with the Bulldogs for 2 years...

ROBERTS RE-SIGNS FOR TWO YEARS
    15th Jun 2007 @ 12:14pm

Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs player Ben Roberts has agreed to terms with the Club extending his stay at the 'Dogs until the end of 2009.

Roberts, 21, joined the club in 2006 and made his NRL debut in round eight against the Warriors. He has subsequently played 13 first grade games and 33 club games for the Bulldogs, with a points tally of 182 (15 tries and 61 goals).

Commenting on the re-signing, Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said, "Ben has been great for us over the last season-and-a-half, and he will only get better with more experience.

Ben Roberts said, "I'm very grateful for the opportunities that Steve Folkes has given me in my time here and I look forward to learning more from the coaches and the senior players.

"The spirit and unity that exists across the Bulldogs club makes it a great place to be a part of."
    Good signing by management here.. he is an up and comer who will become better and will one day take over from Shifty... it also allows us to move DJ to hooker in 2008 and create more dimensions in attack, something we have lacked for a while...

Panthers sign Richard Williams from the saints for the rest of the season and 2008

Williams will have his first training run with the Panthers on Tuesday after being released by the Dragons and agreeing to a deal for the remainder of this season and 2008.
    The Panthers also announced the signing of 20-year-old Canberra halfback Josh McCrone on a two year deal.

McCrone had two years at the Raiders while Elliott was still in the nation's capital but has yet to have a taste of NRL football
    Source: nrl.com.au
    Last edited by Hoppy2007Dragons; 18-06-07 at 06:31 PM.

Thank You, i really didn't like richie williams attitude and his lack of consitency.

Maybe having mundine as your manager, gives you a air of arogance.

Not sure who will play 5/8 this week, unless hornby is back or tony caine is promoted.

I woudn't mind seeing the pl 5/8 blaney i think is his name.

however i think a good move by dragons management.

Craig Wing to Soufs

I know its been mentioned before but now offical

http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/new...ArticleID=2588
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

really?

anyone hear that the ARU said they didn't want Brent Tate anyway because of his home-made neck brace.

Wanted Manly to look at Wing since they lost Monaghan and Burns and they're playing Lyon at 5/8.

Co-captains Jason Ryles and Ben Hornby have agreed to terms with St George Illawarra for a further three NRL seasons, until the end of 2010
    Source: nrl.com.au

Chris Houston has signed with the Knights.

Faiumu re-signs with the Cowboys for 2 years!!!

:woot: Nice work Cowboys, didn't think he would stay tbh.

GO THE MAROONS!

Dragons have resigned Nightingale, Setu till end of 2008 and Throby till the end of 2009.

All very good upcoming talent so at least the saints have kept soem young talent.

Source:dragons.com.au

*Rumour* Amos Roberts to Penrith