Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Source: Channel 10 News

Clint Newton has signed with the Melbourne Storm for the rest of the 2007 season... details shortly...

EDIT: Details now available here- http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=9776

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    Source: Channel 10 News

Clint Newton has signed with the Melbourne Storm for the rest of the 2007 season... details shortly...
    Are you fair dinkum? Are the Storm the new Roosters when it comes to non-existent salary caps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    Are you fair dinkum? Are the Storm the new Roosters when it comes to non-existent salary caps?
    Yep CS... I thought that too at first, then I realised the Storm have quite a forward issue ATM... both Kaufusi and Crocker are out for extended period of time due to injury... we focus so much on their backs we didn't even realise the forward pack was depleted...

Good luck to Newton, hopefully he has a big season there and then he can come to the Blue and White or the Titans and be a great addition to either of the clubs I follow....

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium_BD1103 View Post
    Yep CS... I thought that too at first, then I realised the Storm have quite a forward issue ATM... both Kaufusi and Crocker are out for extended period of time due to injury... we focus so much on their backs we didn't even realise the forward pack was depleted...

Good luck to Newton, hopefully he has a big season there and then he can come to the Blue and White or the Titans and be a great addition to either of the clubs I follow....
    Yeah but Crocker and Kaufusi still come under the cap, season over or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark View Post
    Yeah but Crocker and Kaufusi still come under the cap, season over or not.
    That is true CS... we will see... it has been reported this week one of the NRL clubs owes the NRL hundreds of thousands in fines after going severely over the cap.. be interesting to see what club it is...

Actually I just thought about it, the Knights would still be paying the difference between Newton's Knights contract and whatever the Storm offered. So for example if Newton was on 300K and the Storm offered 150K for the remainder, Knights would be covering the other 150K, but it wouldn't be coming from their cap money.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Tate to warriors till 2010.

Adam Woolnough had agreed to a three-year deal to join the Panthers from the 2008 NRL season.

Woolnough, 25, will be at the Panthers until the end of 2010 after spending the past six seasons at Newcastle.
    Source:nrl.com

The Newcastle Knights 2008 playing roster received another boost last night with the signing of former Knights junior and St George Illawarra prop, Danny Wicks.

21-year-old Wicks will become a Novocastrian next season in a three year deal that will see him at EnergyAustralia Stadium until at least the end of 2010
    Source: nrl.com

Bummer i really like danny wicks, lucky we have lots of other big young blokes.

Brisbane have confirmed the signings of Panthers Joel Clinton & Peter Wallace.

Clinton has so much untapped potential and haven't seen much of Peter. Will be extra interested in the Penrith/Manly game tonight.

Cowboys hot for Burns

ADAM WATKIN
    01Jun07

IN DEMAND ... Manly five-eighth Travis Burns may be headed North
    Queensland's way as the club seeks to bolster its strength in the halves

THE North Queensland Cowboys are chasing the signature of Manly five-eighth Travis Burns to remedy their lack of depth in the halves.

Following Manly's preference to play Australian representative Jamie Lyon at five-eighth, Burns has decided to test the market because he wants to play in the halves next season.

According to Burns' manager George Mimis, six clubs are interested in the 22-year-old's signature with North Queensland leading the race.

Manly have also expressed a strong interest in re-signing Burns to play a hooker/utility role next season following the announced departure of Michael Monaghan to the English Super League.

However, Mimis said there were a number of reasons why North Queensland would be a more viable option for Burns next season.

"The first and foremost is the opportunity for him to play in the halves which is what he plays and where he wants to play," Mimis said.

Other clubs believed to be in the running for Burns' signature are the Gold Coast Titans and the Brisbane Broncos.

However, following the Titans' recent signing of former Roosters half Josh Lewis and the Broncos' interest in Panthers five-eighth Peter Wallace, the Cowboys could get their man.

North Queensland Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr said although the club had expressed a high level of interest in Burns, both parties were not in a hurry to settle on a contract.

"We'll see if it goes anywhere over the next few days or week and George (Mimis) has been very open about where Travis sits at the moment," Parr said.

"Around the halves is where we want to add some depth and I certainly think he (Burns) can play well at the five-eighth position."

With Cowboys five-eighth Jason Smith expected to retire at the end of the season, Burns could be an ideal replacement.

"I think it's quite obvious we need to try to at least strengthen our depth in the halves," Parr said.

"It was only two weeks ago we had to play Jason Smith at halfback and Ashley Graham at five-eighth."

Parr said the club's main focus off the field this season was on player retention.

"We're obviously very happy with the squad we've been able to put together over the last few years," he said.

"So retention is always at the forefront of our mind rather than recruitment.

"The only guy we have discussed at any lengths from outside the club has been Travis Burns."

Parr denied the Cowboys had made an offer for Newcastle Knights player Reegan Tanner following reports the back-rower would transfer to North Queensland.

Source: http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au...325_sport.html
    Last edited by Robbie_Dee; 01-06-07 at 02:32 PM.

GO THE MAROONS!

Melbourne backrower Matt Bartlett joined the mid-season player shuffle, leaving the Storm to link with North Queensland.

Bartlett was released by the Storm in just his second year at the club and has accepted a deal at the Cowboys.
    source: leaguehq.com.au

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by RLfan View Post
    Brisbane have confirmed the signings of Panthers Joel Clinton & Peter Wallace.

Clinton has so much untapped potential and haven't seen much of Peter. Will be extra interested in the Penrith/Manly game tonight.
    Elliott better not go anywhere near Dobson...

I hope Clinton falls flat on his face - never really liked him anyways.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Hmm any reason? Joel Clinton is one of my favourite players. I am glad he is coming to the broncos