Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Canterbury and st george will be amazing sides next season

Dragons could have a new no-6 next year which may shock a lot of Broncos fans
    #itaintweaktospeak

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    Dragons could have a new no-6 next year which may shock a lot of Broncos fans
    wat u mean by that?
    boyd to play 6?

When I read that post I assumed it to be Hunt

Matty Head ( we luv head)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    When I read that post I assumed it to be Hunt
    David Stagg?

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Matty Head ( we luv head)
    Matthew Head has signed with the dragons for one year starting in 2009.

Source:www.dragons.com.au

Hopefully all his injury concerns are behind him, he seems to be playing very well for the tigers and a soward/head combo makes me drool, although hornby is on fire atm.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons View Post
    Matthew Head has signed with the dragons for one year starting in 2009.

Source:www.dragons.com.au

Hopefully all his injury concerns are behind him, he seems to be playing very well for the tigers and a soward/head combo makes me drool, although hornby is on fire atm.
    Doesn't make me drool.....a darren Lockyer-Peter Wallace combo make me drool.
    "Go the Titans"

Jaimie Soward has a supieour long range kicking game to both Lockyer and Wallace.

And Matthew Heads short kicking game and Passing game when he is fully fit (which he should be from now on) is brilliant.

Id rather head/soward then lockyer/wallace (i i rate wallace very highly)
    Just to indicate why, i'm gonna bring up the stats for the 4 players in the key areas of Games played, Kick metres, Kicks, Try assists, line break assists, points, 40/20, Field Goals, Conversions and Tries.

Darren Lockyer: 13 Games, 2783 Metres, 88 Kicks, 1 40/20, 0 Conversions, 6 Line Break Assists,6 Try Assists, 2 Tries, 1 Field Goal, 9 Points.

Peter Wallace:17 Games, 4189 Metres, 135 Kicks, 0 40/20, 8 Conversions, 8 Line Break Assists, 15 Try Assists, 4 Tries, 0 Field Goal, 32 Points.

Jamie Soward: 19 Games, 8445 Metres, 254 Kicks, 1 40/20, 54 Conversions, 5 Line Break Assists, 17 Try Assists, 5 Tries, 1 Field Goal, 129 points.

Matthew Head: 11 Games, 2281 Metres, 82 Kicks, 1 40/20, 0 Conversions, 8 Line Break Assists, 12 Try Assists, 1 Try, 0 Field Goal, 4 Points.

I know which combo i'd prefer.

Has anyone on here started a 09 signing thread yet?? Would be interesting how the movements are looking for next year...

And by the way you'd have to have rocks in your head to rate a soward head halves combo even close to lockyer / wallace??? Seriously

Well the stats tend to indicate that Head/Soward create more oppurtunities than lockyer/wallace, dont get me wrong lockyer and wallace are extremlly good, and lockyer has vision beyond anyother rugby league player i have watched, but stats tell the true stroy

Well the stats tend to indicate that Head/Soward create more oppurtunities than lockyer/wallace, dont get me wrong lockyer and wallace are extremlly good, and lockyer has vision beyond anyother rugby league player i have watched, but stats tell the true stroy
    Your off ya rocker. Head ought to be the poster boy for health care funds across Australia. He's a great footballer, but by Christ he can find an injury.

Stats tell the true story? Stats are rubbish. There is a stat to 'prove' every point. How do you accurately measure a 'created opportunity'? You could give the bus driver a rap for the opportunities he creates each week by delivering the team to the ground to play. Without him they'd still be at the airport without the opportunity to play and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Look I'm not too sure on what stats add up to what to be honest but I do know what I see each week and head in particular has some room for improvement.

I'll pay some credit to soward though he does have a lot of potential and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a mark next year with Benny at the helm...

Stats tell the true story? Stats are rubbish. There is a stat to 'prove' every point. How do you accurately measure a 'created opportunity'? You could give the bus driver a rap for the opportunities he creates each week by delivering the team to the ground to play. Without him they'd still be at the airport without the opportunity to play and win.
    Thats why i praise the bus drivers