View Poll Results: Who do you support?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ipswich Jets

    10 14.93%
  • Tweed Heads Seagulls

    26 38.81%
  • Burleigh Bears

    31 46.27%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 50 of 50
  1. #46
    BLADE dee13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast,QLD with my wife..
    Posts
    1,991

    Default

    CONGRATULATIONS to the Burleigh Bears who had a Pink Day at the game last week to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

    They auctioned off the 17 pink players jerseys in the clubhouse after the game and managed to raise just under $10,000 from the jerseys alone. Their total went up over the $12,000 mark by the end of the night.

    Great effort to all the bidders. The cheapest jersey went for $500 and the top seller sold at $1000.


  2. #47
    Coach C-Whiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Nerang, Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee13 View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS to the Burleigh Bears who had a Pink Day at the game last week to raise money for breast cancer awareness.

    They auctioned off the 17 pink players jerseys in the clubhouse after the game and managed to raise just under $10,000 from the jerseys alone. Their total went up over the $12,000 mark by the end of the night.

    Great effort to all the bidders. The cheapest jersey went for $500 and the top seller sold at $1000.
    Good on 'em.

    Looked like a good game on TV. Bit of dropped ball etc, but to be expected in the conditions. How good was the "up the guts" scrum based play! I love that sort of stuff. Almost scored too. Nice play.

    But, as per this thread, are the Bears still a feeder club or not? Seems to be some suggestion going around the pubs that the Bears had some issues with the Titans ????????? Anyone know anything about this? Just some bar talk while watching footy the other day.

    **edit** maybe not whether they are still a feeder club, but something to do with player selections for Titans. Anyone know/heard anything?
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 23-04-08 at 07:31 PM.

  3. #48
    Super Moderator TITAN PETE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SKILLED PARK S5
    Posts
    10,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    Good on 'em.

    Looked like a good game on TV. Bit of dropped ball etc, but to be expected in the conditions. How good was the "up the guts" scrum based play! I love that sort of stuff. Almost scored too. Nice play.

    But, as per this thread, are the Bears still a feeder club or not? Seems to be some suggestion going around the pubs that the Bears had some issues with the Titans ????????? Anyone know anything about this? Just some bar talk while watching footy the other day.

    **edit** maybe not whether they are still a feeder club, but something to do with player selections for Titans. Anyone know/heard anything?
    They are not a feeder club anymore & it was their choice not the Titans
    #itaintweaktospeak

  4. #49
    Coach C-Whiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Nerang, Gold Coast
    Posts
    3,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN PETE View Post
    They are not a feeder club anymore & it was their choice not the Titans
    OK, that's what i heard. Just wasn't sure if it was true. Cheers mate.

  5. #50

    Default

    im a ex Burleigh Junior GO BEARS


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew