Default Lam joins coaching staff at Sharks

Former Queensland State of Origin halfback and Papua New Guinea international Adrian Lam has agreed to join the coaching staff at the Sharks for the next two seasons.

Lam has accepted the position as assistant to Sharks head coach Stuart Raper. Following three years as a player at Wigan in the UK Super League, Lam coached the Wigan under-21?s in 2005, as well as filling the role as a full time assistant with the Wigan Super League team. Lam will begin his coaching assignment at the Sharks within the next few weeks.

After playing for the Sydney Roosters, Lam headed to the UK in 2002 where he played under the coaching of Stuart Raper who was the Wigan coach at the time. The pair combined to win the 2002 Challenge Cup at Wembley Stadium.

?I spent two years with Adrian at Wigan, which I very much enjoyed. He was one of the experienced players who I relied upon for his rugby league knowledge,? Raper said. ?Even back then I thought he could have a coaching career in front of him.?

?Adrian will assist with first grade and I?ll be looking to him to work with the backs. We have Craig Wilson taking care of the forwards. He?s been brought to the club to add some of his knowledge and expertise and to work with the senior players.?

During an illustrious career Lam played 14 State of Origin matches for the Queensland side, 21 Tests for Papua New Guinea, 147 NRL games for the Roosters and 107 first team games for the Wigan Warriors.

Lam was voted Player?s Player in the Super League in 2002, was the Wigan Player of the Year during the same season and was the Rep player of the Year in 1997.

In further news, former South Sydney utility Brett Kearney has signed on to play for the Sharks for the 2006 season. The 22-year-old Kearney can cover the five-eighth, half back and hooker positions.

?We are pleased to have Brett on board at the Sharks. He has great versatility and gives us some extra options,? Sharks General Manager Steve Rogers said.

The Sharks full-time squad returned to Toyota Park today (Wednesday) for the first of three days of physical and fitness testing. Pre-season training will get into full swing for the Sharks beginning on Monday next week.

Source: http://www.NRL.com
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I have rated Adrian Lam very highly his entire career.He will do wonders for the Sharkies being on the coaching staff.Its going to improve Kimmorley and Vagana's style so much and yeah could more then likely lure a few brits to the club for next season having Raper and Lam.
    Steve Rogers- A True Immortal!