Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Supporting more than one team?

I've noticed a few people on here do it. And im curious as to why or how you can do it?

What if your teams verse each other, and how can you be as passionate.

And as i live in qld i quite often get a situation like this: "haha the broncos bet the bulldogs" to that i respond "Didn't you support the cowboys last week as the broncos lost" I then get "Im a qlder i support all qld teams" as a response. To that i say "I support nsw, but yet i dont support every team in the nrl bar the broncos, cowboys, (now titans) and Melbourne"

What teams games do you attend? What teams merchandise do you buy? What team do you own a membership to? etc.

I dont support equally any teams over my first. I support however Cowboys and Maroons equally but ones rep and ones nrl. In Nrl Cowboys first for me then if I wanted 2 other teams to go well but not better than my first team itd be Raiders and Titans.

I think in Queensland it is different because our local competition has been wiped off the map and we have so few NRL teams in relation to our population and the fact that we are a rugby league stronghold. I don't blame people following the Broncos, Cowboys and Titans, just as long as there is a pecking order and they aren't jumping around.

It's more a matter of state pride, those team represent Queensland.

Also in this day in age with all games being played on TV, I think it is a good thing that people take an interest in other teams and games.

I';m 100% Gold Coast though.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

What do you do if your teams are also schedualed to play at the same time?

which one do you watch live?

Quote Originally Posted by TDoGGBulldog
    What do you do if your teams are also schedualed to play at the same time?

which one do you watch live?
    Tape one and watch the other.

Titan Club Captain

I support the Bulldogs 150 trillion percent, always will.

But I do however have quite a big softspot for the Warriors..more probably because so much of their players are Kiwis, and they play representitive footy for us (NZ).

But whenever the Bulldogs play the Warriors I 100% cheer on the Doggies, and if it was a Bulldogs vs Warriors grandfinal I'd want the Bulldogs to win 100%

If I was an australian, i'd only ever support the Bulldogs, but since i'm a Kiwi i have quite a big softspot for the Warriors, and always want them to win whenever they're NOT facing the Bulldogs.

Titan One Clubman

I support Canberra 110%, but when ex Canberra players like Joel Monaghan and Brett Finch play I hope their sides get belted by 50.

Cowboys have and always will be my no.1 team, I can't help that, been supporting them for as long as i can remember and could never turn my back on them, no way in hell! I've always had a tiny soft spot for the bronco's, but nothing too serious, and Now the Titans have come back into the NRL, as a Queenslander, it is my duty to follow them as well hense why I go on this forum!!!

I have no other soft spot for any other teams, unless they are playing The Bulldogs, or Warriors!

GO THE MAROONS!

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    I support Canberra 110%, but when ex Canberra players like Joel Monaghan and Brett Finch play I hope their sides get belted by 50.
    LMFAO!!

Whenever the Roosters play I hope they get belted by 150 points..same goes with the Broncos..

Quote Originally Posted by TDoGGBulldog
    I've noticed a few people on here do it. And im curious as to why or how you can do it?

What if your teams verse each other, and how can you be as passionate.

And as i live in qld i quite often get a situation like this: "haha the broncos bet the bulldogs" to that i respond "Didn't you support the cowboys last week as the broncos lost" I then get "Im a qlder i support all qld teams" as a response. To that i say "I support nsw, but yet i dont support every team in the nrl bar the broncos, cowboys, (now titans) and Melbourne"

What teams games do you attend? What teams merchandise do you buy? What team do you own a membership to? etc.

Tahl... I am happy to say I have followed 2 teams for a large portion of my life... it's rather easy to do, however you can't follow them both equally, it just doesn't happen that way.

When I was young, I use to support North Sydney, I had a junior membership with the Bears, I had a jersey and spent large amounts of time at North Sydney Oval in the tree....however I always had a soft spot for the Bulldogs, and therefore had a Bulldogs flag, a hyundai poster, and a bulldogs ball. I would watch the games they played in against everyone, but would go for Norths when the crunch came.

Fast forward about 10 years, and the situation has arisen again... I am now a proud 100% Bulldogs supporter, I had Army membership a few years ago and before I had to start earning money to get to games, use to go to a fair few with mates. If I had to choose, I would choose the blue and white every day of the week, they are my team.

The Titans however excite me. It is a new team, a new chance to grow Rugby league in a new heartland, and a group of people who seem committed to growing the game, plus I have now met some pretty awesome fans on this forum too. When I am excited about something, it normally means there is some passion there, and if you have passion for something, there is no use denying it... you have to accept that is the way it is and be truthful to yourself.

Therefore in 2007, I'll be a proud Bulldogs supporter, but I will also be a person who is supporting the Titans as well, as I have a passionate support for both of them. When it comes down to the crunch though, my blood is blue and white first... and that ain't changing... I will however be happy to sit in my Bulldogs jersey with the Titans fans at Telstra in round 3, I mean that is the best of both worlds.

I will support the Titans in every game they don't play against the Bulldogs, and if the 2 teams meet in the finals one day, I will support the Bulldogs. It's about laying down the line and having firm beliefs... you need to draw the line and not sit on the fence somewhere.

If the Titans aren't playing the blue and white though, I'll proudly wear my Titans polo or perhaps jersey and support them... I have a passion for them in the same way I have a passion for many other things.

I guess the advantage for me is that I ain't based in QLD, so the attendance of games is rather easy, it is as many Bulldogs games as I can, and Titans away games when possible.

I proudly own both sets of merchandise... I have Titans stuff and Bulldogs stuff now...

I guess though it's personal preference, everyone is entitled to do what they want to do, and not everyone is going to understand, I know a lot of my friends don't, they don't get how I can do it... but I stand by this option and believe in it 100%, and if you believe in something, then there is a good chance you can make it occur...

P.S. It happens every day though you realise... I mean look at the current groups of coaches, football executives and even players who are playing for one team, but they still support another... I guess that is the way Rugby League is these days....

Junior Titan

I always thought that I would be a Parra man until I die - but lately, my allegiance is starting to wane.

I am not th egreatest fan of Brett Finch, so when I heard we signed him, Iwas most dissapointed. I really hope that for Brett's sake that he has a huge saeson, because I think he is somewhat underrated. It's not so much his skil level that bother sme - it is more the fact of his on-field personna, the childish brat who never gets his own way!

Then I heard that we have male cheerleaders - not that there's anythingwrong with that, if your into that kinda thing, I guess!!:erm: :erm:

But there may be some other circumstances happening that have finally swayed my allegiance....... - I will always be a Parra and NSW boy, but the Titans may just become Parra's equal inmy book!!

Parra Petty.

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by Parra Petty

I am not th egreatest fan of Brett Finch, so when I heard we signed him, Iwas most dissapointed. I really hope that for Brett's sake that he has a huge saeson, because I think he is somewhat underrated. It's not so much his skil level that bother sme - it is more the fact of his on-field personna, the childish brat who never gets his own way!
    At least you got a scape goat you can blame everything on this year

Well, me supporting 2 teams is only new.
    I was raised on the Panthers, and they're definitely my number 1 team.

When the Panthers and Titans clash, i'll be in black.
    I can support the Titans for a number of reasons.
    I don't get to enough football games up here because well... if the Panthers aren't playing, i'm not that interested and I hate the Broncos, so there's been noone here to support.

Titans are a local team I can go watch and cheer for.
    There's a strong Penrith presence in Cartwright, Sattler and Gillmeister aswell as Preston, one of my favourite Panthers and Swain. Well, there were a couple more...

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee
    Cowboys have and always will be my no.1 team, I can't help that, been supporting them for as long as i can remember and could never turn my back on them, no way in hell!
    I agree 100%.
    I only support one team and that's the way it always has and always will be.

Titan First Grade Regular

Im a passionate Raiders supporter, and always will be.

1. Raiders
    2. Souths except when they play the raiders.
    3. Cowboys except when they play Raiders or Souths.
    4. Anyone playing the Roosters.

Thats how it goes for me.
    [