Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Titans: O'Meley and O'Donnell - possible Titans?

Titans: O'Meley and O'Donnell - possible Titans?

Mark O'Meley (right) was not happy with the Bulldogs initial offer

A couple of weeks ago I started a thread titled "Let's get Lote!". Some great points were made about the cost we would outlay for a star winger - in short, there were pro's and con's in signing the dual international.

Mark O'Meley and Luke O'Donnell come on to the open market at the end of the 2007 season - two Origin and international calibre players - looking for healthy contracts in what may be there last in the NRL before heading to the UK to top up their super. I think we are in with a chance of signing one of these two talented players.

We have cap room for the 2008 season and with some great junior talent under our wings in the backline (Shannon Walker, Chris Sandow, Smith Samau) - it would make sense to sign one of these young representative forwards to bolster and already impressive pack fielding Bailey, Laffranchi and Friend.

Thoughts?

would be great to get either player both great players

Junior Titan

I dunno - Can we compete with the Roosters offers??:hmm:

Parra Petty

O'Meley would definitely be good.
    We've got a good, solid pack, someone to add some fire would be great.

Two quality players and being able to get 1 or both would be a credit to the hard work the Titans management are putting in. With these two added to the forward pack, a quality halves combination and some exciting outside backs the Titans would be a team noone would want to play.

Titan Club Captain

Shrek is staying with us!!!!!

I hope
    I'd so much rather have Shrek then SBW, Shrek doesnt get injured when he gets touched ..hes the 1 doing the injuring ..*cough* BYRCE GIBBS..ROUND 2 *cough*

I would go for O'Donnell ahead of O'Meley. The guy is a machine, in the Nathan Hindmarsh mould, and hits hard to boot. In the measly 7 minutes he played in Origin 1 last year before getting injured he managed to pull off at least 3 bone rattlers. The only player I can recall making any sort of similar defensive impact for the Blues after he went was Steve Menzies (not renowned as a hitter). In my opinion, the Blues badly missed O'Donnell last year, and the Titans would benefit tremendously from his presence.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Yous can have Omeley but not ODonnell

O'Meley isn't happy with the current offer, but as I said before in the O'Meley thread, it's not so much money, more about length and options.

Mark is happy at the Bulldogs, he has stated it numerous times... however I do reckon sadly for the Titans if he was to change clubs, it would be to Cronulla or the Central Coast team if there is ever one.

Shrek doesn't want to live far away from his family in the Central Coast, he's a real family guy and would pay out his contract to play for the Central Coast if he was on contract with another club.

Shrek is a fine player though, and is a great servant, any club would be lucky to have him... luckily he's with us at the moment...

The Central Coast are not going to be an option by the end of the year so it is pointless discussing a team there as an alternative.

Mark is happy though he rejected what Folkes said tonight was there best offer. Folkes also said "no player was irreplaceable" ...

Cronulla and Ricky Stuart though are a definate chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    The Central Coast are not going to be an option by the end of the year so it is pointless discussing a team there as an alternative.

Mark is happy though he rejected what Folkes said tonight was there best offer. Folkes also said "no player was irreplaceable" ...

Cronulla and Ricky Stuart though are a definate chance.
    Of course DeeGan, I was just stating the fact he is a family guy...

Interesting to hear Folkesy say that was their best offer, I am sure they can do better and Dr George was on the radio today saying they will go back to the drawing board and look into it. Be interesting to see what the real answer to this is...

I do agree with your last point though, if we can't keep him, he will go to the Shire... he likes it there, he has mates there, he is close enough to his family, and Ricky is the cherry on the cake....

Titan Club Captain

Omg what did Folksey say?

I soo need australian sports news sometimes

TBH I disagree with him saying no player is irreplaceable..RUBEN WIKI IS!! (lol yes im still not over him retiring )

Man..i can't deal with losing Roy AND Shrek is consecutive years, was hard enough losing Roy after Pricey left...

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    Omg what did Folksey say?

I soo need australian sports news sometimes

TBH I disagree with him saying no player is irreplaceable..RUBEN WIKI IS!! (lol yes im still not over him retiring )

Man..i can't deal with losing Roy AND Shrek is consecutive years, was hard enough losing Roy after Pricey left...
    I heard Holmes a Court has Sonny in his sights..
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    I heard Holmes a Court has Sonny in his sights..
    Pfft he has everyone in his sights.

I don't think Sonny is silly enough to go to Souths..when he can stay at the Bulldogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    Pfft he has everyone in his sights.
    True. Even more so if your a Kiwi it seems too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo