Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    :O LIES!
    Whatever you reckon.

Poida, FS, it doesn't matter. Its all academic now. All that needs to be remembered is NSW had the ref trying his hardest to keep the shield in NSW, but good prevailed over evil and now, as Locky said, for the next year it's ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Poida, FS, it doesn't matter. Its all academic now. All that needs to be remembered is NSW had the ref trying his hardest to keep the shield in NSW, but good prevailed over evil and now, as Locky said, for the next year it's ours.
    Lol I dont even know why I cared anyway. Im a strange person

Jenny!!! You are definitely not the only one. GO THE MIGHTY NEW SOUTH WALES BLUES!!!

[RANT]Queensland just haven't gotten over the fact that they could still have been New South Welshman but for a silly rash decision by some idiot in 1859. Have you ever seen a group of people carrying so big an inferiority complex as these banana-benders? I grew up close to the border, and I now live in Brisbane, so I've had a fair sampling of the drivel they go with about themselves. I'm surprised there hasn't been a referendum up here to secede from Australia and become a separate republic. I've waited my whole life to hear a Queenslander admit that anyone from anywhere else in the world actually has any sort of ability, and I'm still waiting. Well, Andrew Johns did get roundly booed after we wiped the floor with you at Suncorp in game 3, 2005. I'll take that as a tacit admission. Oh, and I don't recall ever hearing that Ian Thorpe won gold for New South Wales, but I distinctly recall news reports claiming Kieran Perkins won gold for Queensland. Love to slap your fellow countrymen in the face up here, don't we? You'd think at the Olympics maybe these silly northerners could get over it and just root for anyone wearing green and gold, but no, not even there can they forget this whole us-vs-them mentality about their fellow Australians, particularly those from just south of the mighty Tweed. Oh, and for those who've been rubbing it in about Inglis the New South Welshman playing for Queensland, from memory they weren't quite so smug when the boot was on the other foot with Dell, Tiquiri and Rogers turning out for the Tahs (though Rogers should have played for NSW, he was born and raised in Kempsey). But I guess we should feel sorry for them for one thing: it did take them 75 years to win the Sheffield Shield. But hey, now they've won the thing a couple of times, they can hop back in their hole and wait another 75 years![/RANT]

Jason

p.s. This is meant in jest, no offence intended.
    p.p.s. Well ok, maybe just a teensy weensy bit of offence was intended...
    p.p.p.s. I see you silly sig/avatar bet, and I raise you:

a) If Queensland win 1 game, I will sport a maroon sig for 1 month

b) If Queensland win 2 games, I will sport a maroon sig for 2 months

c) If Queensland win 3-0, not only will I sport a maroon sig for 6 MONTHS, but I will also change my avatar to a photo of myself wearing a Queensland jersey, which photo shall also be included as part of my sig, and I shall make a lengthy post on this forum praising Queensland for their wonderful effort and denigrating those useless Blues for the bunch of gutless losers they are.

Any takers?
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Dragon
    Jenny!!! You are definitely not the only one. GO THE MIGHTY NEW SOUTH WALES BLUES!!!

[RANT]Queensland just haven't gotten over the fact that they could still have been New South Welshman but for a silly rash decision by some idiot in 1859. Have you ever seen a group of people carrying so big an inferiority complex as these banana-benders? I grew up close to the border, and I now live in Brisbane, so I've had a fair sampling of the drivel they go with about themselves. I'm surprised there hasn't been a referendum up here to secede from Australia and become a separate republic. I've waited my whole life to hear a Queenslander admit that anyone from anywhere else in the world actually has any sort of ability, and I'm still waiting. Well, Andrew Johns did get roundly booed after we wiped the floor with you at Suncorp in game 3, 2005. I'll take that as a tacit admission. Oh, and I don't recall ever hearing that Ian Thorpe won gold for New South Wales, but I distinctly recall news reports claiming Kieran Perkins won gold for Queensland. Love to slap your fellow countrymen in the face up here, don't we? You'd think at the Olympics maybe these silly northerners could get over it and just root for anyone wearing green and gold, but no, not even there can they forget this whole us-vs-them mentality about their fellow Australians, particularly those from just south of the mighty Tweed. Oh, and for those who've been rubbing it in about Inglis the New South Welshman playing for Queensland, from memory they weren't quite so smug when the boot was on the other foot with Dell, Tiquiri and Rogers turning out for the Tahs (though Rogers should have played for NSW, he was born and raised in Kempsey). But I guess we should feel sorry for them for one thing: it did take them 75 years to win the Sheffield Shield. But hey, now they've won the thing a couple of times, they can hop back in their hole and wait another 75 years![/RANT]

Jason

p.s. This is meant in jest, no offence intended.
    p.p.s. Well ok, maybe just a teensy weensy bit of offence was intended...

c) If Queensland win 3-0, not only will I sport a maroon sig for 6 MONTHS, but I will also change my avatar to a photo of myself wearing a Queensland jersey, which photo shall also be included as part of my sig, and I shall make a lengthy post on this forum praising Queensland for their wonderful effort and denigrating those useless Blues for the bunch of gutless losers they are.

Any takers?
    Well I was born and bred in Canberra, all my family bar one uncle and myself are blue to the bone. I have no idea why I have a massive passion for the Queensland state of origin jersey, and absolute hatrid for the NSW origin jersey (greatness I'm guessing).

However, your bet is accepted! I've got a few XXXX under my belt so most of your rant went in one ear and out the other, so 'whatever.'

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Dragon
    Oh, and I don't recall ever hearing that Ian Thorpe won gold for New South Wales, but I distinctly recall news reports claiming Kieran Perkins won gold for Queensland....You'd think at the Olympics maybe these silly northerners could get over it and just root for anyone wearing green and gold...
    Well thats the thing,
    most people who win medals at the olympics these days are from Queensland!

On Ian Thorpe:
    I always thought it was strange that such a good swimmer came from NSW of all places.
    I mean nearly all the swimming champs of the past 10 years are from the sunshine state.
    So i always thought it was some sort of miracle fluke of the gods that
    a New South Welshman was as good as a queenslander (if not better :!: )

But then of course Thorpie doesnt have that fighting spirit that resides in the great QLD heroes
    Why else would he retire coz "hes not in it anymore"
    when Grant (Queenslander) Hackett can win Olympic gold with a colapsed lung, have a shoulder reconstruction while missing a home commonwealth games, save babies from burning buildings (probably) and still live to swim another day?!
    Coz of QLD spirit, thats why!
    Hence the reason why QLD has the origin sheild as of right now.
    -
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    State Of Origin Game 1 1998
    -
    1992 - 1993 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Dragon View Post

Any takers?
    Took me forever to find this post, but I haven't forgotten. I will sport a maroon sig for 1 month after the Origin series, just in case they win 1 or both remaining games, and two or three come into play.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky