Rnd 19: Bulldogs (Home)
    Rnd 20: Rabbitohs (Away)
    Rnd 21: Tigers (Home)
    Rnd 22: Warriors (Away)
    Rnd 23: Roosters (Home)
    Rnd 24: Sharks (Away)
    Rnd 25: Storm (Away) :curse:

Titans First Grader

Its a tough looking start for the Titans, a shame they only play the Eels once :upset:

I like the position of the bye, its much better than having it round 6.

Titans' dream draw
    Trad McLean

15Nov06

THE Gold Coast Titans will play two of their first three home games in Brisbane when they join the NRL competition next year.

Managing director Michael Searle yesterday defended the move by terming it a plan to entrench their early matches with blockbuster status.

The Titans will receive everything on their wish list when the NRL draw is released this morning, with a round two home match against the Cronulla Sharks to be their debut at Gold Coast Stadium.

As revealed last week, they will play their first home match against the Dragons at Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium.

But the surprise will be that their third home game, in round five against the Broncos, will also be switched to the State capital.

"The Broncos match will be at Suncorp, there is no doubt about it," said Searle yesterday. "We always said we wanted that.

"We had originally hoped the first game would be against the Broncos but because of them winning the competition, we couldn't get that.

"At the end of the day this is about the team surviving long term, and if that means going 40 minutes up the road for a game, then so be it.

"It is not about commercial realities, it is about letting as many people get to the game as possible.

"We always said we would take the massive games up the road in year one, the Broncos game is going to be one.

"I am confident we will sell out both Suncorp games."

Searle said all 12 Titans home games for the 2008 season would be played on the Gold Coast, when they move into the new purpose-built Skilled Stadium at Robina.

The Titans asked for the Broncos early in the competition because it was important to establish the local derby early in the season.

The round two match against the Sharks at Gold Coast Stadium will showcase former coaching staff-mates Ricky Stuart and John Cartwright against each other. It will also pitch the beach suburb Cronulla against the Gold Coast.

"It is fantastic," said Searle of the match-up.

"We will be able to have the extra 3000 seats in the ground by then.

"We asked for a few different clubs for the round two home game and we are happy with Cronulla -- it will be a clash of the beaches."

The Titans also received some favourable dates with a round seven clash against Parramatta, who have a big supporter base on the Coast, and a May long-weekend home match against the North Queensland Cowboys, something the two clubs had spoken about setting as a tradition.

The Titans' start -- the Dragons, Sharks, Bulldogs, Panthers, Broncos and Manly -- will not leave the fans guessing how their team is performing.

"With that start we will be benchmarked early," said Searle.

Source: GC Bulletin

Managing director Michael Searle yesterday defended the move by terming it a plan to entrench their early matches with blockbuster status.
    The Titans asked for the Broncos early in the competition because it was important to establish the local derby early in the season.
    Yep very important.

"It is not about commercial realities, it is about letting as many people get to the game as possible.
    The games at Lang Park will let a lot more Titans fans be born by going to those two big games and with attendance to such blockbuster games, they are likely to be Coast fans for life. Huge benefits with relocating the game to Brissie. We need to get as many people as possible to Coast games.

"I am confident we will sell out both Suncorp games."
    For sure. Brisbane v Gold Coast will be the biggest game in Queensland for a very long time.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I have one queire out of asll the games available why did they mover the Sharks game thats not a blockbuster game.

The only game next season to see both titans and roosters play.

Titan One Clubman

So the Titans get to come to Canberra in July- the middle of Winter- here's hoping for a Night match .

p.s- Today Reached 14 degrees...

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    So the Titans get to come to Canberra in July- the middle of Winter- here's hoping for a Night match .

p.s- Today Reached 14 degrees...
    hehehehehe, Should be great!
    only problem is it would be really cold to watch - and i go to all the games. bbrrr

Ha - Storm away in the last round.
    [

Titan One Clubman

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    hehehehehe, Should be great!
    only problem is it would be really cold to watch - and i go to all the games. bbrrr

Ha - Storm away in the last round.
    So am I champ- don't mind the cold that much, the worst thing is when it is cold, rainy and Windy- ala Broncos 05

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

tbh, i don't really like having two of our first few games in brisbane.

i mean i understand the reasoning for it, just wish the games were further apart? we want to win the hearts of the gold coast first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    I have one queire out of asll the games available why did they mover the Sharks game thats not a blockbuster game.
    The Sharks game hasn't been moved. The game against the Sharks will be the Titans first game at Gold Coast Stadium in Round 2

Titan First Grade Regular

I'll be going to the Titans v Sea Eagles game at Brookie, so i'll see you guys there then.cya. :naughty:

sweet they will come to canberra.
    ill get out there to watch that game too

I can't wait for the sharks game. as a former sharks fan I am looking forward to seeing the Titans belting them.

Sorry to all you Titans fans, but I hate the idea of the Titans playing at Suncorp... They have their own home stadium, I don't really see anything wrong with it, for the first season anyway.