Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Mark Webber = very bad luck

I can see this being another long season for Mark unfortunately, everywhere he goes, he just gets bad cars :|

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Mark Webber = very bad luck

I can see this being another long season for Mark unfortunately, everywhere he goes, he just gets bad cars :|

He is not getting any younger either lol

Quote Originally Posted by nflin3 View Post
    He is not getting any younger either lol
    Exactly He has worked hard and got nowhere in F1 really, because of the teams he has been with. And at the same time, other drivers get excellent cars in their first F1 race, which just isn't fair

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers View Post
    Exactly He has worked hard and got nowhere in F1 really, because of the teams he has been with. And at the same time, other drivers get excellent cars in their first F1 race, which just isn't fair
    If your good enough it is fair

Damn Raikonen! Couldn't win a race for McLaren last year, steps into an evil red machine and wins first go. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

Woo-hooooooooooooooooo!!! McLaren 1-2. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. How good was that start from Hamilton to get past the two Ferraris, particularly after he missed the jump?

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky

McLaren are looking the goods this year. RBR have fallen to the Webber curse, whatever team Mark goes to, fails miserably. As long as Ferrari don't do well, I am happy though I guess

Im so happy for Mclaren, Lewis and Fernando

Shame for Nico thogh, sitting 6th or 7th and the engine lets go on him
    Remember 2006 anyone?

Alonso in a McLaren one-two
    From correspondents in Sepang, Malaysia
    April 08, 2007

WORLD champion Fernando Alonso took over the top of the Formula One title race by claiming his first win for his new McLaren Mercedes-Benz team in the Malaysian Grand Prix.

The 25-year-old Spaniard, starting second on the grid, took the lead at the first corner and delivered a classic and perfectly-judged drive in a scorching victory ahead of teammate Briton Lewis Hamilton.

"It is a perfect result, a dream," said Alonso.

"This is such a tough race and you never know about tyres, but we were relaxed in the end. I lost radio communications from lap 10, like Kimi (Raikkonen) in Australia, so it is a lucky thing.

"But they fixed it and to win is absolutely fantastic and it is a wonderful surprise to achieve this after such a short time with the team. Everyone has worked so hard. So much has been done by the whole team."

Alonso led his brilliant young teammate Hamilton home in a dominant one-two by McLaren Mercedes-Benz as it ended a 20-race drought without a win since the 2005 Japanese Grand Prix.

But Alonso himself said he felt almost dried out by the intense heat inside his ****pit.

"It was so tough, very tough. You take a drink about every six laps but after a while it is like drinking tea! It is so hot that it is hot water. And it is not fun to drink that anymore."

Hamilton, 22, followed up his third-placed finish on his debut in Australia last month by becoming the first 'rookie' driver to score successive podium finishes in his first two races since fellow Briton Peter Arundell in a Lotus in 1964.

"That was the toughest race of my life," said Hamilton afterwards. "It was so difficult, so hard to defend. I ran out of water – and now I feel overwhelmed!"

He said he felt almost over-awed by his fight to keep the two Ferrari drivers behind him during the early stages.

"To see two Ferraris in your mirrors behind you and to know they are slightly lighter and probably quicker than you – it is so difficult to hold them back," he said.

"Felipe (Massa) had a couple of moves to try and pass me, but, unfortunately, I was able to trick him into out-braking himself and then I was very fortunate to cut across and get in front of him again. And then he went off and I apologise for that.

"Then, Kimi was behind me for the rest of the race and I ran out of water and it was so tricky and it got hotter and hotter and I just kept pushing and concentrating on making no mistakes.

"The team did a fantastic job this weekend and I thank them for that – for preparing me and the car."

Raikkonen said: "Of course, I am happy with the points, but I am disappointed at how the race ended up – we just had to compromise on too many things. We lost too much speed. I hope we can turn the tables next weekend and fight to win again."

Alonso added: "It is very important for any driver to win his first race for a new team at a grand prix and to have wins with two different teams is something very special. It is a dream come true after my winning with Renault. I am proud for all the team."

Australian Mark Webber was 10th in his Red Bull.

Agence France-Presse

Placings

1. Fernando Alonso (Spa) McLaren-Mercedes 1hr 32min 14.930sec
    2. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes at 17.557sec
    3. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari 18.339
    4. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 33.777
    5. Felipe Massa (Bra) Ferrari 36.705
    6. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Renault 1:05.638
    7. Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota 1:10.132
    8. Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) Renault 1:12.015
    9. Alexander Wurz (Aut) Williams-BMW 1:29.924
    10. Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull 1:33.500
    11. Rubens Barrichello (Bra) Honda 1 lap
    12. Jenson Button (GB) Honda 1 lap
    13. Takuma Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri F1 Team 1 lap
    14. Scott Speed (USA) Toro Rosso 1 lap
    15. Ralf Schumacher (Ger) Toyota 1 lap
    16. Anthony Davidson (GB) Super Aguri F1 Team 1 lap
    17. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Ita) Toro Rosso 1 lap
    18. Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber 1 lap

Overall standings (after two rounds)

Drivers

1. Fernando Alonso (Spa) 18.0pts
    2. Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) 16.0
    3. Lewis Hamilton (Eng) 14.0
    4. Nick Heidfeld (Ger) 10.0
    5. Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) 7.0
    5. Felipe Massa (Bra) 7.0
    7. Jarno Trulli (Ita) 2.0
    8. Nico Rosberg (Ger) 2.0
    9. Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) 1.0
    10. Ralf Schumacher (Ger) 1.0

Constructors

1. McLaren-Mercedes 32.0pts
    2. Ferrari 23.0
    3. BMW Sauber 10.0
    4. Renault 8.0
    5. Toyota 3.0
    6. Williams-BMW 2.0

LOL at Massa last night, what was he thinking, pure frustration got the better of him.. had he been patient, he could have gotten past Hamilton... but instead he drove his car off the track...

Hamilton is really impressing me, he has some real skill there and to hold off Kimi was a great feat. Fernando was typical Alonso... fast, got out early and used his teammate to get the advantage needed to run his own race... Mclaren are looking good in 2007.

As for Webber, well he's improving, and at least the car is finishing, 10th is a decent result for a car with plenty of improvement in it and lets hope as the season goes on he can use the car to get higher up the results....

Default Goooo Heikki

Yeah!!! Well Done Heikki Kovalainen. First championship point and hopefully the start of many more to come. Hold your head high Heikki atleast your not arrogant like Hamilton.

Hamilton at the Drivers interviews was so up himself. He just has a big ego and i can't wait to see it burst. How can he say he tricked Massa into making a mistake? Hamilton was lucky! Massa is a much better driver. I love Renault F1 and will forever but this season i hope Ferrari blow Mclaren away they are to arrogant. Kimi was smart and saw the light, good on him for leaving!!
    RENAULT F1 TEAM 2005 & 2006 CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONS!!!!

Methinks I detect a McLaren hater.

Mate, arrogance should be defined by reference to Michael Schumacher and Bernie Ecclestone (actually, all European bosses of large international sporting organisations would fall into this category). They are two of the most arrogant men I have ever seen. Lewis has a bit of work to do yet.

Jason

R.I.P. Brocky

HAHA! Comparing somethings arrogance to Ferrari and having Ferrari the least arrogant... I don't think that is even possible Ferrari were one of the worst things to happen in recent F1 history IMO, with all of the extra attention they got from Ecclestone!

Hey ya
    Just found this thread after signing up then being away for some time.
    Sitting down now & watching the Titan vs Broncos game..43rd minute & Webster gets em out from behind the posts with a big stretch. Got to be good!
    Anyway enjoy my motor racing also, have done the v8's at Pukekohe several times & am lined up to attend the F1 in Spa (I'll gloat more about that another time!).
    A mate sent this below article that I thought you might enjoy...

Cheers
    Mark

Toro Rosso put light spin on car row

Friday, April 6th 2007, 09:05 GMT

Scuderia Toro Rosso put their particular spin on the customer car row on Friday with a cheeky press release after the practice sessions for the Malaysian Grand Prix.

The Italian squad, known for the peculiar style of their press releases, was protested by rivals Spyker on Thursday.

The Dutch squad are unhappy because they say Toro Rosso have not designed and manufactured their own car and are instead running a version of Red Bull Racing's RB3.

After FIA stewards rejected Spyker's protest, Toro Rosso's press office put its own peculiar spin on the customer car row with its post-practice press release.

"Scuderia Toro Rosso confirms that this press release paper was designed on the same computer as the Red Bull Racing press release paper," the press release said.

"Having flown out a ten strong legal team from Austria, the UK and Italy late last night, we can confirm that our paper complies fully with all regulations regarding media headed paper and the industry standard British Universal Length Layer Size Height Interface Template (B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T.)."

I don't hate Mclaren i just can't stand Hamilton. I agree that Ferrari were the kings of Arrogance but the sands have shifted Mclarens way. Kimi and Massa will change Ferrari's image.

Either way i'll enjoy the season if Renault can keep finishing in the 8 and scoring points.

Atleast we can agree that F1 will always be the greatest motor sport in the world.
    RENAULT F1 TEAM 2005 & 2006 CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by West_Titan View Post
    At least we can agree that F1 will always be the greatest motor sport in the world.
    Sorry, no agreement. You're speaking to someone who grew up idolising Peter Brock. He always said touring cars were better than open wheelers, or at least he said they were more of a challenge to drive and therefore more fun. And I agree. I like the F1s, but V8s, especially at Bathurst, will always carry the day for me.

Jason

R.I.P. Brocky