Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Titans: Rate our own Brian Carney's Tri-Nations performances

Titans: Rate our own Brian Carney's Tri-Nations performances

Brian Carney, the third ever Gold Coast Titan signing, kicks off his Tri-Nations campaign tomorrow morning (4.00am AEST) against the New Zealanders in what will be Great Britains first appearance in the 2005 series.

Use this thread to discuss his performances over the coming weeks as Great Britain look to unsurp the Australians as well hold off the resurging Kiwis.

Carney will be a key figure on the wing for the poms, he will not only finish any opportunity that comes his way, he will be in the middle helping out the forwards as all the great ones do.

I have $10 on him to be first try scorer tonight

DeeGan

Hopefully he goes well against the kiwis......he can just go easy against the kangaroos

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    Hopefully he goes well against the kiwis......he can just go easy against the kangaroos
    hahaha exactly

I know how to put the mock on someone, to put it nicely, Brian Carney played poorly last night. This was easily the worst performance I have seen from the GB winger in any jersey and his game ended after 62 minutes when pulled from the field by Brian Noble.

Carney will have nightmares about Vanu Vatuvei who scored only the one try according to the history books though should have had three in my opinion. Two dubious decisions from the video referee saved Carney further embarassment.

Carney spilt 2 bombs, threw one shocking pass 7m from his try line and was often caught out in defence. If he is selected for the Australian game, Darren Lockyer will send ALOT of traffic his way and Matt Cooper (who will be left centre) will see ALOT of ball.

On a positive, Carney did make 73m for the GB team though it lacked any real impact.

Out of 10 tonight, I give Brian Carney 4.

DeeGan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I know how to put the mock on someone, to put it nicely, Brian Carney played poorly last night. This was easily the worst performance I have seen from the GB winger in any jersey and his game ended after 62 minutes when pulled from the field by Brian Noble.

Carney will have nightmares about Vanu Vatuvei who scored only the one try according to the history books though should have had three in my opinion. Two dubious decisions from the video referee saved Carney further embarassment.

Carney spilt 2 bombs, threw one shocking pass 7m from his try line and was often caught out in defence. If he is selected for the Australian game, Darren Lockyer will send ALOT of traffic his way and Matt Cooper (who will be left centre) will see ALOT of ball.

On a positive, Carney did make 73m for the GB team though it lacked any real impact.

Out of 10 tonight, I give Brian Carney 4.

DeeGan
    Well said, exactly the way I would have put it (but less detailed ). I really hope for his sake and GB's sake that he plays to his potential next week, because he is a great player on his day. Unfortunately, today wasn't his day.

3.5-4/10

I Watched the first half he was a joke droping two high ball not tackling not getting in right postions for kicks and tackles i was sad to see this i would give him for his first half perfommance 0.5 out of 10 no joke i normally rate him really high but that was just poor

i don't think we will see 2 performances like that in a row from him.look for him to bounce back against us in front of his home crowd at the mighty JJB.

provided noble picks him that is!

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    i don't think we will see 2 performances like that in a row from him.look for him to bounce back against us in front of his home crowd at the mighty JJB.

provided noble picks him that is!

Yeah i hope he gets picked and he will bounce back

Btw Congrats Ridgey For Getting To 300 Posts

Carney should get picked again it was a poor performance all around, and they will be ready for the next game for sure.

And by the way (i dont want to sound like a moderator here) but titans fanatic try to keep your messages to one post if you got something else that u forgot to say try editing your previous message

Carney should get picked again it was a poor performance all around, and they will be ready for the next game for sure.

And by the way (i dont want to sound like a moderator here) but titans fanatic try to keep your messages to one post if you got something else that u forgot to say try editing your previous message
    sorry mate just giving my congrats ALL HAIL FORUM COP QUEENSLANDER

Titans Rep Player [BroncosGirl]'s Avatar

Yep he didn't play too well last night, was caught out in defence alot. Made stupid mistakes. I'd give him about a 3/10.
    Brisbane Broncos
    Oooooh Yeh, Yow Yeh!!!
    titans.bulldogs

everybody dances to their own boom boom

Quote Originally Posted by titans_fanatic
    sorry mate just giving my congrats ALL HAIL FORUM COP QUEENSLANDER
    Thank you, thank you; i live to give

Thank you, thank you; i live to give

HAHAH GOOD WORK MATE

I dont really want to bad him to much seen as he is one of the Titans signings.

I would rate him 0 out of 10.

As a winger myself....thats as bad as its gets. When you have to burn an interchange on your winger because he is playing so poorly....I cant give that a rating of anything.

See, thats me nt bagging someone. You should see me when I hook in!

Visit My Web Site At Its NEW Address: http://www.leaguefreak.com/