Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Titan

Default Has the Turner saga taken another twist

Heard on the Radio today (hadleys show) that 1 of the 2 players that were offered to the Titans has a serious shoulder injury and wont play till july, Nice of Wally Waldron not to mention that to them, cant find any news regarding this yet so will wait to see if anything eventuates

so will the deal be overTURNERed
    :hmm:

All this over a below average winger

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by GUEST
    Heard on the Radio today (hadleys show) that 1 of the 2 players that were offered to the Titans has a serious shoulder injury and wont play till july, Nice of Wally Waldron not to mention that to them, cant find any news regarding this yet so will wait to see if anything eventuates

so will the deal be overTURNERed
    :hmm:

All this over a below average winger
    If this was the case you would hope the Storm informed the Titans of the injury.
    Last edited by mb63; 18-01-07 at 11:10 AM.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mb63
    If this was the case you would hope the Storm informed the Titans of he injury.
    No duty to disclose any injury I think -depending on the wording or language of the arrangement.

As a matter of prudence, one would think that the Titans should have made their own enquiries before agreeing.

If the Storm held out to the Titans that he was OK then thats another matter.

Strewth! The Titans lawyers are busier than their players!

Your team will be running out with briefcases and wigs!

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Q Dave
    No duty to disclose any injury I think -depending on the wording or language of the arrangement.

As a matter of prudence, one would think that the Titans should have made their own enquiries before agreeing.

If the Storm held out to the Titans that he was OK then thats another matter.

Strewth! The Titans lawyers are busier than their players!

Your team will be running out with briefcases and wigs!
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
    [

Who cares? As long as the kid is given time to recover properly it won't matter. The chances of either of them playing before July are remote anyway. Hope it's Isaac and not Samau as Samau is more established.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Quote Originally Posted by Supergoose
    Who cares? As long as the kid is given time to recover properly it won't matter. The chances of either of them playing before July are remote anyway. Hope it's Isaac and not Samau as Samau is more established.
    There was talk of Samau perhaps being the solution to the Storm's 5/8 problem after Scotty Hill's departure, wasn't there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Junior Titan

Crikey!! Tried to deal the Titans a bung player and all.

Are they running a used car dealership down there in Melbourne or a Rugby League club? Sorry, I apologise to all you used car salesmen.

Payment for Turner

1. Cash
    2. Bank Cheque

or all major cards.

No personal cheques or IOU's thanks Mr Wally Waldron.

And how about a discount to the Titans you stormin scallywags?

Its worth a good 50% by way of "financial solution."

In future all proposed trades will be checked over by the titans accountants, lawyers and if he gets through that, he can then be examined the club doctor.

Absolute Rogues! Charles Dickens would have loved them!
    Last edited by Q Dave; 17-01-07 at 09:54 PM.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Q Dave
    Absolute Rogues! Charles Dickens would have loved them!

I could think of a couple of names that you definately wouldn't find in any of Dickens' novels !!! :dead:

Junior Titan

Not that it matters because as mentioned he'll have plenty of time to recover if it's true. But shoulder injuries are hardly the best things to have especially in a game like rugby league with the constant contact on that area. While there's no way of knowing right now, the problem will be if the injury will be a reoccurring one ala Benji Marshall. He plays 2 weeks then misses 10 when his shoulder goes again. Those types of injuries have been known to prematurely end careers because of the nature of them.

Anyway it's only specualtion and heresay atm but if it is true the onus is in no way on the Storm to divulge the injurie to the Titans. I mean do you buy a car without taking it for a test drive? Of course you don't so if it does turn out correct and he has a series of shoulder injuries it'll once again just show the Titans ineptness and unproffesionalism for not giving the kid a thorough physical and check his history. In all honesty i wouldn't be surprised if they never did their homework given their amatuer display they gave in the Turner debacle by not putting pen to paper. They, or should i say Mr Searle has alot to learn about running a rugby league club and i hope for the sake of the Titans and their supporters he learns fast.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova
    Anyway it's only specualtion and heresay atm
    Which is why the word 'RUMOUR' should have been slapped on this thread title by one of the super mods...

Seems like a double standard...if an unconfirmed post points the finger at another team, then its guilty before innocent and everyone jumps on the bashing bandwagon...

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    There was talk of Samau perhaps being the solution to the Storm's 5/8 problem after Scotty Hill's departure, wasn't there?
    I don't think so...Samou has always been touted as Fullback or Winger from my memory. He has a wicked step (a la Benji), and is very fast and light on he's feet.

Although I reckon he's too slightly built at this stage. He is injury prone due to lack of muscle, and needs to bulk up considerably. He'll lose some step, but it will be worth it, if it prolongs his career.

It was Inglis that has been mentioned as 5/8th. But they'll give the new kid Russell Aitken (former Australian Schoolboy and Shark) the first crack. If that doesnt work, then they'll hand the ball to Inglis, then as the plan c - move Geyer in.

5/8th aint to much of a crucial position for the Storm.. With Cam Smith essentially taking much play making work away from last last year, sharing the workload with Cronk. Hill had a very poor kicking game (woeful in fact) - so all we need is a 5/8 who can kick and Aitken has that in spades.

I reckon the player that is being thought of as the replacement for Hill was Jackson Nicolau who is now at the Cowboys under the tutelage of Jason Smith.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Junior Titan

I reckon the player that is being thought of as the replacement for Hill was Jackson Nicolau who is now at the Cowboys under the tutelage of Jason Smith.

That's correct he was going to fill that spot. Craig Bellamy was on Melbourne radio just a couple of days ago saying that he'll be giving Inglis the first go at 5/8 this year and see how it works out. Whether it ends up that way we'll have to wait and see but that's what he said the other day. He also said Russell Aitken who Lowdown mentioned, is training well and is also in the mix.

Yep, thats who I was thinking of. No idea why I got him confused with Samau.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown
    I don't think so...Samou has always been touted as Fullback or Winger from my memory. He has a wicked step (a la Benji), and is very fast and light on he's feet.

Although I reckon he's too slightly built at this stage. He is injury prone due to lack of muscle, and needs to bulk up considerably. He'll lose some step, but it will be worth it, if it prolongs his career.

It was Inglis that has been mentioned as 5/8th. But they'll give the new kid Russell Aitken (former Australian Schoolboy and Shark) the first crack. If that doesnt work, then they'll hand the ball to Inglis, then as the plan c - move Geyer in.

5/8th aint to much of a crucial position for the Storm.. With Cam Smith essentially taking much play making work away from last last year, sharing the workload with Cronk. Hill had a very poor kicking game (woeful in fact) - so all we need is a 5/8 who can kick and Aitken has that in spades.
    If Aitken hits his stride like the Sharks hoped he would he'll be a great young footballer, unfortunately he never really developed into a first grader at Cronulla, maybe Bellamy can do something better with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    If Aitken hits his stride like the Sharks hoped he would he'll be a great young footballer, unfortunately he never really developed into a first grader at Cronulla, maybe Bellamy can do something better with him.

I think that was due more to the lack of first grade opportunities he had behind Dykes at the Sharks hence him leaving twice. I think if he's given a legitimate chance to show what he's got then he'll take it with both hands and be the player he's promised to be.