Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova

Anyway it's only specualtion and heresay atm but if it is true the onus is in no way on the Storm to divulge the injurie to the Titans. I mean do you buy a car without taking it for a test drive? Of course you don't so if it does turn out correct and he has a series of shoulder injuries it'll once again just show the Titans ineptness and unproffesionalism for not giving the kid a thorough physical and check his history. In all honesty i wouldn't be surprised if they never did their homework given their amatuer display they gave in the Turner debacle by not putting pen to paper. They, or should i say Mr Searle has alot to learn about running a rugby league club and i hope for the sake of the Titans and their supporters he learns fast.
    Thats a bit prematue, we dont know how the player was held out to the Titans. In that conversatio, fax, letter or email the Titans may have enquired as to his health & fitness and the Storm may have provided them with an untruthful response. Only a few people would know what happened.

Apart from express arrangements, contracts can also be inferred or provided by statutory policy. In 1998 I bought a Nissan from a dealer but the engine screwed up a few weeks after purchase. I brought it back and relied on their warrantee. They repaired it. Something else happened then they repaired that too. Then it ran well until about 2001 when I traded it in for a Toyota and a few Toyota's later, I have never looked back. I didnt have to test drive it as it was covered. As I am not a mechanic, I couldnt tell if it was really Ok underneath as i dont have the neccesary skills to make that call.

The Titans would say that it was inferred that the player was fit enough to play football and I think they have an argument if he cant meet that basic requirement. Apart from his football duties, they dont want him to manage recruitment or pick up lolly wrappers after games.

It was apparent to everybody that Turner had a binding contract with the Titans that the Titans could rely upon. They were well within their rights to offer the Storm any deal they desired to resolve the impasse. Just as they were well within their rights to oblige him to sit out the term of his contract.

They did what they considered to be in their clubs best interests, they didnt rush a decision for the sake of expediency or convenience. They agreed to an arrangement that on balance was preferable than Steve sitting out on the side line costing them money. Who cared about him? Only himself and his underperforming player agent and a club that signed him whilst he was still contracted to the Titans.

Mr Searle obtained a reasonable result on paper but only time will tell if the deal was the best one for the club. That is not a matter now under his control.

On balance, I think the benefit of the doubt must still reside with Mr Searle at this time.

He may have made an extraordinarily good decision.

And for the Titans sake I hope thats the case.

If the storm have ripped the Titans off, they can snigger but they shouldnt expect their support when the NRL decides the future of this shaky franchise.
    Last edited by Q Dave; 20-01-07 at 06:16 PM.

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

In regards to the rumoured shoulder injury,melbourne may have been within the guidelines but not the spirit of the game,it smacks of pettiness on waldrons behalf that two players signed from melbourne needed surgery..coincidence? :whatd:
    Agree with Dave (Again!!) that melbourne (and their few fans) should be grateful to the Titans for releasing turner,would they rather 1.Have turner,or
    2.See him sit out 3 years?
    Maybe they're all still bitter about the '06 grand final! eace:

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    In regards to the rumoured shoulder injury,melbourne may have been within the guidelines but not the spirit of the game,it smacks of pettiness on waldrons behalf that two players signed from melbourne needed surgery..coincidence? :whatd:
    Agree with Dave (Again!!) that melbourne (and their few fans) should be grateful to the Titans for releasing turner,would they rather 1.Have turner,or
    2.See him sit out 3 years?
    Maybe they're all still bitter about the '06 grand final! eace:
    Its all getting a bit P.I!

But prom you raise a very good point and that is the damage the saga has done to Melbourne. Rightly or wrongly, I would hazard a guess that your average league fan thinks that their conduct has been a bit off. That they are a rogue club and dont keep their word.

It was a good dealership analogy, but the world is not entirely "buyer beware" not yet anyway.

I dont want any dealings with them. I might not even see them play Souths.
    Watching their games is too complimentary.

I feel sorry for their fans. They are like passengers on a bus that has missed a few stops. They dont know where the driver is going but they hear every car around them honking their horns!

The 2006 GF was a dog!
    Last edited by Q Dave; 21-01-07 at 04:14 PM.

The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

What is with all the Hatorade with some people towards Melbourne. Sure, I admit nothing was handles well, but to continually call the Storm a 'rogue club', dishonest and on shaky ground is getting a bit much. As I stated in another thread (The Steve Turner 1 actually if I recall), not all associated with Melbourne agree with what went on. To continually rip into the club and it's fans doesn't seem fair though to me. Especially when the topic is about the players involved in the swap for Turner. Seems there is no pleasing some fans atm, whether it's right or wrong to do with the Storm. We are apparently the whole villian of the NRL competition, no wonder people are disillusioned when all this stuff drags on...

I for one wish Turner had either sat out the contract or just bitten the bullet and gone to The GC, I feel sorry for them in what happened but apparently whatever we do will be seen as a cheap and easy way out to benefit us and rip off every other club and the League itself...

JMO btw!

"Remember in this game we call 'Life' that no one said it's fair!" - W.Axl Rose

QLD Cup Titan

Mate- The Storm players (some terrffic talent and a stack of them are Queenslanders!) & fans are cool! The CEO of the Storm is a different kettle of fish though...

Also I hear the Vic Government may not built a new rectangular type stadium now to replace Olympic Park because their National Soccer Team doesn't want to sign up to using the facilities.

Without their support for the new facilities the Brackes' Government isn't going ahead as the Stadium being built for the Storm alone wouldn't be profitable....So Melbourne Storm could be stuck with the old /small Olympic Park or look to playing on an Aussie Rules pitch....Not good news for their fans down there.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Old Diehard
    Mate- The Storm players (some terrffic talent and a stack of them are Queenslanders!) & fans are cool! The CEO of the Storm is a different kettle of fish though...

Also I hear the Vic Government may not built a new rectangular type stadium now to replace Olympic Park because their National Soccer Team doesn't want to sign up to using the facilities.

Without their support for the new facilities the Brackes' Government isn't going ahead as the Stadium being built for the Storm alone wouldn't be profitable....So Melbourne Storm could be stuck with the old /small Olympic Park or look to playing on an Aussie Rules pitch....Not good news for their fans down there.
    In respect to the Stadium they are looking at increasing the capacity to 27,000 in view of Melb Victory's success.Negotiations are still continuing so the new stadium is likely to be built with around a 30,000 capacity.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Q Dave
    If the storm have ripped the Titans off, they can snigger but they shouldnt expect their support when the NRL decides the future of this shaky franchise.

I feel sorry for their fans. They are like passengers on a bus that has missed a few stops.
    Thanks for your pity, mate. I feel so much better knowing at least one supporter feels our pain...!

ROFL!!

Pull your head out of your ****...as you are simply speaking crap now...

Junior Titan

But prom you raise a very good point and that is the damage the saga has done to Melbourne. Rightly or wrongly, I would hazard a guess that your average league fan thinks that their conduct has been a bit off. That they are a rogue club and dont keep their word.

It was a good dealership analogy, but the world is not entirely "buyer beware" not yet anyway.

I feel sorry for their fans. They are like passengers on a bus that has missed a few stops. They dont know where the driver is going but they hear every car around them honking their horns!

The 2006 GF was a dog!
    Enough with the rogue club drama already. After all the crap you've spouted about changing alliances and 'siding with the Storm' after people on this site saw who you really are, it's a real marvel that you still have the gall to post on this forum.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown
    Thanks for your pity, mate. I feel so much better knowing at least one supporter feels our pain...!

ROFL!!

Pull your head out of your ****...as you are simply speaking crap now...
    Funny still how a supporter of the perennial wooden spooners still have any emotions left to display sympathy for another club.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Titan First Grade Regular

People, shut up.
    the topic's dead, time to move on.
    Is it possible for a mod to close this thread please?
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    People, shut up.
    I don't think thats your call to make champ. If your not interested in the discussion taking place simply don't post in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    I don't think thats your call to make champ. If your not interested in the discussion taking place simply don't post in the thread.
    Hey, i never said they had to close it.

Its taking up a first-page spot, and nearly everything posted in here has been posted multiple times in other threads.
    [

Hey, i never said they had to close it.
    Oh, well that must be the reason its not closed yet... :ok:
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

People, shut up.
    The mod team make the decision about such matters.

If you have nothing good to post than don't; and if you don't like a thread than ignore it.....simple.

Junior Titan

The 2006 GF was a dog!

Would you like a tissue? I mean for you to wipe the sh*t that's spewing from you mouth.

Feel sorry for Storm supporters? Just to clarify you follow the Rabbits do you? If so let me get this straight, you feel sorry for Storm supporters but you barrack for a side that have been the laughing stock of the league for many years now and pretty much an embarrassment to themselves and anyone who's been associated with them. Is that right? If that's the case you're a bigger joke than what they are mate :dizzy:

Since Souths reinstatement in 2002 or 5 seasons ago, they've won a total of 25 games. Melbourne won 22 last season alone. Save your pity and direct it towards the team that really needs it and i can tell you it's not the Storm. It's your sorry rabble that you call a footy team down Redfern way. Rusty may've brought up big in the off season and you may even win a few more games. But if you think throwing money around to buy a few players and expect Rusty to be your saviour be prepared to be in for a rude shock sunshine :rotflmao:
    Last edited by Supernova; 23-01-07 at 10:50 AM.