Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dee13
    Why did you even bother to get on the plane Brian.
    Probably because he didn't want to make a decision without actually seeing if being with the team and training on the Coast changed his mind. He didn't want to have to deal with the constant 'what-if I went over there and my heart was in it' feeling.

As for acted proffesionally and should be commended..... THATS B.S. Its a typical comment from people that sits on the fence and don't want to upset the wrong people.
    People who sit on the fence? What two sides of the fence are there? People who think he is an a$$hole and people who think he is god? Because if thinking he acted professionally is 'sitting on the fence', then the other side of the fence has to be something that commends him VERY highly. And I don't care about upsetting anyone. He acted very professionally. He has been in constant contact with the Titans management, and probably organised with them to come over and see if he would change his mind. He told the Titans last night that he had decided to retire. He has offered to fully financially compensate the club, and has said he won't play for anyone else. He hasn't taken any money. He acted much more professionally than most players would have in a situation like that. I think a few people are just a bit annoyed that one of the Titans best signings has decided his heart isn't in it anymore.

Junior Titan

I was sorry to hear of the loss.

Worlds best winger, its a tragedy.

Good luck to Carney and he was a top signing.

People who sit on the fence? What two sides of the fence are there? People who think he is an a$$hole and people who think he is god? Because if thinking he acted professionally is 'sitting on the fence', then the other side of the fence has to be something that commends him VERY highly. And I don't care about upsetting anyone. He acted very professionally. He has been in constant contact with the Titans management, and probably organised with them to come over and see if he would change his mind. He told the Titans last night that he had decided to retire. He has offered to fully financially compensate the club, and has said he won't play for anyone else. He hasn't taken any money. He acted much more professionally than most players would have in a situation like that. I think a few people are just a bit annoyed that one of the Titans best signings has decided his heart isn't in it anymore.[/QUOTE]

So true dude Walker had a simmular thing with the Rabbitohs & his made a good choose since his a titan now

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Probably because he didn't want to make a decision without actually seeing if being with the team and training on the Coast changed his mind. He didn't want to have to deal with the constant 'what-if I went over there and my heart was in it' feeling.

People who sit on the fence? What two sides of the fence are there? People who think he is an a$$hole and people who think he is god? Because if thinking he acted professionally is 'sitting on the fence', then the other side of the fence has to be something that commends him VERY highly. And I don't care about upsetting anyone. He acted very professionally. He has been in constant contact with the Titans management, and probably organised with them to come over and see if he would change his mind. He told the Titans last night that he had decided to retire. He has offered to fully financially compensate the club, and has said he won't play for anyone else. He hasn't taken any money. He acted much more professionally than most players would have in a situation like that. I think a few people are just a bit annoyed that one of the Titans best signings has decided his heart isn't in it anymore.
    Sorry Steelers, I haven't actually read your comments and didn't know, you personally, were sitting on the fence over this. I had read some other comments and was responding to their comments. If you think what he has done to the Titans is a good, then good luck to you. I think he has screwed us over. Don't take it personally dude. Im not here to make enemies but I give my honest opinion and as I have said in other posts "I don't shy away from letting people know exactly how I feel"

All the best
    Dennis

Hahhahahahahhahahha. Now the Titans get a taste of what it is like to support Souths. I smell a wooden spoon coming to the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Souths'n'Titans
    Hahhahahahahhahahha. Now the Titans get a taste of what it is like to support Souths..

Maybe if we all move out of our house, quit our jobs and start to wear only 1 thong when we go out.

I smell a wooden spoon coming to the Titans
    Its hilarious how desperate you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Souths'n'Titans
    Hahhahahahahhahahha. Now the Titans get a taste of what it is like to support Souths. I smell a wooden spoon coming to the Titans.
    Just coz they loose Carney, does not mean in anyway they will get the spoon! We still got an awesome line up, no doubt about that, plus we got Rogers now for 07, so that more than makes up for the loss of Carney this year.

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee
    Just coz they loose Carney, does not mean in anyway they will get the spoon! We still got an awesome line up, no doubt about that, plus we got Rogers now for 07, so that more than makes up for the loss of Carney this year.
    Who happened to roll his ankle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Dee
    Robbie didnt you know?

Once you lose a winger, you dont stand a chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    Robbie didnt you know?

Once you lose a winger, you dont stand a chance
    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :lol!: :mine:

GO THE MAROONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Who happened to roll his ankle as well.
    Yeah but a rolled ankle would only put him out for a week at the most extreme maximum.

Sorry Steelers, I haven't actually read your comments and didn't know, you personally, were sitting on the fence over this. I had read some other comments and was responding to their comments. If you think what he has done to the Titans is a good, then good luck to you. I think he has screwed us over. Don't take it personally dude. Im not here to make enemies but I give my honest opinion and as I have said in other posts "I don't shy away from letting people know exactly how I feel"

All the best
    Dennis
    I don't think what he has done (retiring instead of playing) is 'good', but the way he has gone about it all is ALOT better than other players go about retiring/getting out of a contract (which are 2 very different things). He hasn't screwed us over in a Steve Turner type way, he has just come to a stage in his life where he feels he doesn't have his heart set on playing footy anymore. What would you prefer, him to play and not really care about it because he is being forced to? Or would you prefer him to play a few games and then run off to England, steal our money and properly 'screw us over'? The way he has gone about doing this has been excellent. And I ain't trying to make enemies, I am just saying that what he has done hasn't deserved the reaction it has gotten from some Titans fans (including yourself).

Titans First Grader

I was very shocked to see this news and i have to say a little dissapointed in Carney. I wonder if he would have played on this season if he was still with the Knights?

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ~lee~
    I was very shocked to see this news and i have to say a little dissapointed in Carney. I wonder if he would have played on this season if he was still with the Knights?
    Good question,he really enjoyed his season at the Knights but I'm sure if he had given the Titans a go he would have enjoyed the Gold Coast.

Source: www.titans.com.au

Spills and thrills for Titans

AFTER hosing the most calamitous morning in pre-season memory, Gold Coast Titans now rival Movie World for edge-of-the seat action and drama.

Between Mat Rogers injuring his ankle and Brian Carney's shock retirement, there were thrills and spills aplenty at Runaway Bay Sports Centre.

With a horde of cameras gathered to capture Rogers' first training run, the ex-Australia rugby utility added another reel to a saga-filled couple of months.

Less than 30 minutes into the session, Rogers rolled his right ankle and the image of him limping off gave credence to naysayers who maintain he is injury-prone.

"It was just a simple roll of the ankle ... everything will be OK, there's nothing to worry about," Rogers, 30, said.

"I had a crook ankle about a year ago but it's not that ankle anyway."

He later vowed to be back, but the same cannot be said of Carney.

Having flown 20,000km from England on the weekend, the Great Britain wing completed just a single training run on Monday.

But as Rogers sought treatment for his sprain, rumours were rife Carney would never return after failing to show for training.

By lunchtime, Titans CEO Michael Searle confirmed the Carney had already began his trip home after deciding to retire.

"It was a total shock," Searle said. "You could have picked me up off the floor on Monday night."

Innuendo arose as early as last August that Carney was set to renege on his two-year deal.

But after defying visa delays to land on the holiday strip, the 30-year-old enthused about "being part of something special" after training on Monday.

Sources close to Carney last night confirmed he battled homesickness since debuting in the National Rugby League with Newcastle last year.

A trip back to his homeland for family Christmas only made it harder to leave again.

Despite that, Carney thought he would be OK once he arrived on the Gold Coast and began training.

However, as one friend put it, "his Irish gypsy spirit" left him walking the Gold Coast streets lost and forlorn.

Carney's mind was made on Monday night to return to the UK. Once there he will finish a masters in commercial law and spend more time with father Brian, who lives in Hungary.

"I have made this decision with a heavy heart and it has been a difficult decision for me to make," Carney said via a statement yesterday.

"But I dearly want to get home to my family and I couldn't act like a fraud by taking the club's money when I knew in my heart I couldn't see the year out."

Carney's departure leaves Gold Coast desperately short out wide after Searle granted wing Steve Turner a release to Melbourne less than 24 hours earlier.

Rubbing ample salt into the wound, Turner yesterday afternoon stepped out for his return training run with Storm.