Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sources close to Carney last night confirmed he battled homesickness since debuting in the National Rugby League with Newcastle last year.

A trip back to his homeland for family Christmas only made it harder to leave again.

Despite that, Carney thought he would be OK once he arrived on the Gold Coast and began training.
    He was obviously committed to the Titans if he flew over here to see if it would change his mind. He never intended to 'screw the Titans over', and he has done nothing but act professionally and congrats to him for that.

For me to know and for you to find out...lol

Are these fellas scared of what Billy Johnstone would do to them or something (yeah that's obviously why Turnabout bailed out)...

Junior Titan

Thumbs up

The guy has obviously tried to give it a go despite being homesick and i applaud him for it, as i do for the way he has handled himself after making the decision. I was looking forward to seeing him in a Titans shirt but this will open the door for somebody else to stake a claim.

Good luck Brian for the future. Ive enjoyed watching you for some years now in the Super League (apart from Hull FC) and for GB as well as the Knights, thanks for the memories

This is how I see it.

It's very disappointing that Carney has decided to retire, but, with his love of the game, it's a hell of a lot more disappointing for him.

He obviously has considered his future before arriving at the Titans, but decided not to make it public until talking face to face with MS. He's an honest, trustworthy bloke with loads of integrity who probably hoped at some stage the fire would return, but it never did.

He handled it the way he thought was right, and was applauded by MS, so any negative comments from others carry no significance.

The team is bigger than any individual player, and the positive momentum must be maintained. Learn from mistakes and overcome hurdles but move on quicky. To dwell on the negative is counter productive, for Carney's position will be filled by another, who will shine as brightly.

A big plus, and one that would really upset the Broncasses, is the Titans now have some money left in the kitty to chase Lote. Wouldn't that set the cat amongst the pidgeons.

I like to see that.

I like to see that.

ME TOO

do u think this is gay?
    1st tuner
    2nd pulatua
    3rd carney
    3 big names who would of made an impact this season are gone...
    like come on :S

Titan First Grade Squad PROMETHEUS's Avatar

All three are different reasons..
    1.Puletua: His grandmother died and his father is battling poor health.
    2.Carney:Homesick,missing his family and wanting to continue his masters degree (his refusal to take the Titans money indicates his sincerity).
    3.Turner:Never really left melbourne so his reluctance to take up the gold coast contract cant be blamed on anything to do with the GC management.

I repeat,three different reasons and NONE can be pinned on the Titans.

Default Shav

Geez maybe Petersen will get a start on the wing :rotflmao:

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS
    2.Carney:Homesick,missing his family and wanting to continue his masters degree (his refusal to take the Titans money indicates his sincerity).
    3.Turner:Never really left melbourne so his reluctance to take up the gold coast contract cant be blamed on anything to do with the GC management.

Well summed up PROMETHEUS! I agree.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS

No...but using that logic, one could also argue that the new franchise did not provide sufficient appeal to make them still want to play for them.

Junior Titan

Titans fans - relax. The walkouts of Carney, Puletua and Zappa are all history. You have Chris Walker in your side, and he does not walk out on anybody...

Titan First Grade Regular

Chris Walker is going to be signed for sure now - they can't not sign him after Carney has left, unless they already have signed him, i dont think they have yet.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown
    No...but using that logic, one could also argue that the new franchise did not provide sufficient appeal to make them still want to play for them.
    So..if you were offered big bucks to take a new job interstate but a close family member was sick or dependant on your availability,you would take the job,and do it to your full capacity,and leave them?
    All the money in the world is worth diddly squat compared to family.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown
    Titans fans - relax. The walkouts of Carney, Puletua and Zappa are all history. You have Chris Walker in your side, and he does not walk out on anybody...
    Ah,the sarcasm... :ok:

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas
    Geez maybe Petersen will get a start on the wing :rotflmao:
    Geez maybe with the money returned from Carneys retirement we can sign Lote...