Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

GB, Ireland and the Titans. Great character and was great with the media, such a great pity... Would accept him back with open arms to the club should he have a change of heart.

WTF! man, that is one big blow!!!!! Turner would have been nice now knowing Carney has called it quites :spit:

I can't believe this!

GO THE MAROONS!

We also have Nat Barnes. I think we will be right but I am extremely disappointed.

I really was looking forward to having Carney the player and Carney the man in our team.

At least this was sorted out 2 months before the start of the season and this stops it being a media issue during our NRL campaign.

I'm very disappointed.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 16-01-07 at 02:42 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

that is garbage from Carney. I like the bloke and was looking forward to watching him go round for the Titans, but stuffing the club around with alleged visa problems and then dropping this on Cartwright a month out from the first trial game is unacceptable and completely unprofessional. After all the crap thats been going on with Turner....I'm deadset filthy on this bloke, I expected better from him!! :box:
    Last edited by eaglerock; 16-01-07 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglerock
    that is garbage from Carney. I like the bloke and was looking forward to watching him go round for the Titans, but stuffing the club around with alleged visa problems and then dropping this on Cartwright a month out from the first trial game is unacceptable and completely unprofessional. After all the crap thats been going on with Turner....I'm deadset filthy on this bloke, I expected better from him!! :box:
    Yeah but you gotta think about what he wants too.
    He obviously shouldnt play if he isnt passionate about it anymore.

Titan Club Captain

sucks to be the titans.

Junior

Can't believe it

Before today have I wanted to swear on these boards.

Unfortunate news.

Whilst I am disappointed, I applaud the Brian Carney's class in the way he handled the matter and was up front with the Gold Coast Titans management - A LOT of players could take a leaf out of his book.

Again, disappointed, though I wish him all the best in the future.

He was not committed to the cause, I would rather have a player in his position 100% committed to make our team a winner.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Unfortunate news.

Whilst I am disappointed, I applaud the Brian Carney's class in the way he handled the matter and was up front with the Gold Coast Titans management - A LOT of players could take a leaf out of his book.
    Well..at least Steve Turner had the nerve to let them know...six months' in advance of the start of the season. Brian Carney lets them know 2 months away from round 1, and less than 24 hours after arriving, and after making this statement:

"I just want to get in the side, to be honest," Carney said.

Looks like he wasn't being honest...but if you call that class...then we must agree to disagree.

Both players have at the end of the day, done what's best for them, and have enough strength to follow through with their (obviously tough) decisions.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

if their is no fire in the heart then his performance's would suffer, so i hope this gives a oppurtunity to a young back who takes it with both hands and i wish carney all the best and am disappointed in not seeing him play in 07, but it is his future so his call.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2007Dragons
    if their is no fire in the heart then his performance's would suffer, so i hope this gives a oppurtunity to a young back who takes it with both hands and i wish carney all the best and am disappointed in not seeing him play in 07, but it is his future so his call.
    Yep - would like to see Smith Samou shine in this opportunity now.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglerock
    I completely agree with this one!!! ^ ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Yeah but you gotta think about what he wants too.
    He obviously shouldnt play if he isnt passionate about it anymore.
    I can see what you mean, but it's not as if he suddenly realised this overnight. He should've either said no in the first place or committed to play with the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown
    Well..at least Steve Turner had the nerve to let them know...six months' in advance of the start of the season. Brian Carney lets them know 2 months away from round 1, and less than 24 hours after arriving, and after making this statement:

"I just want to get in the side, to be honest," Carney said.

Looks like he wasn't being honest...but if you call that class...then we must agree to disagree.
    I agree with you, Lowdown. Although the situations are different (retirement as opposed to a contract re-neg) at least Turner made his feelings clear, way before pre-season training commenced.

Considering the article that came out in the Bulletin yesterday to the backflip that was retirement today, you Titan fans should be very angry, imo.

QLD Cup Titan

Disappointing decision by Carney & the late notice is not good.Maybe with some more time back in England he will reconsider & come back & play with the Titans.