Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: World Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    I know about Tokelau because you can get a free web domain courtesy of Tokelau

(thats why you see alot of www.something.tk sites around)
    Free web domains and ranked 25th in the world of League nations. Tokelau you little ripper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

WHAT!!!
    Estonia only ranked 29!??!?!
    What a discrace!!!

:ok: :ok:

do they really need to go past rank #3
    -
    "And that's the ball game" - Steve 'Blocker' Roach after NSW hit the lead 23-18 with 5 mins to go...
    State Of Origin Game 1 1998
    -
    1992 - 1993 - 1997 - 1998 - 2000 - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Dummy Half
    WHAT!!!
    Estonia only ranked 29!??!?!
    What a discrace!!!

:ok: :ok:

do they really need to go past rank #3
    -
    Yes because we are trying to take our game to the world. And there are a lot of competitive nations with healthy domestic competitions and touring sides dedicated to developing our game.

What they lack is resources and assistance that the big rugby league nations deny them. But it should be their responsibility to provide.

Trust me, I know my international rugby league and especially the top 13 nations are ones all rugby league fans can truly be proud of.

With other personal highlights being Germany, Cook Islands and Jamaica.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Whilst its great to see RL played anywhere in the world some of those countries listed dont even have domestic comps,Italys ranking is laughable,there is far more work going on in countries like Serbia,Germany and Netherlands.You have to wonder what is going on in Russia after their teams disastrous displays against lower league sides in the Challenge Cup! Along with USA and South Africa these are 3 countries that had high hopes for league once,but there appears very little support from the major nations,shame!

Unfortunately I don't think the development of Rugby League internationally is taken very seriously by anyone. The NRL and Superleague are too selfish to notice anyhting beyond their own borders, and the clubs themselves, well, they're professional sporting clubs, in this day and age that defines narrow self-interest. Unless the major Rugby League nations i.e. us decide to take an active interest in developing the game elsewhere, it will never take off, and we will be left in the dark by cricket and rugby onion.

An idea I have for developing league internationally is to get all NRL and Superleague clubs to "adopt" a developing nation, which could involve maybe coaching help, promotional help, sending players to visit (which would obviously have to happen in the off-season), maybe even trialling players who show some promise. I know it would cost a lot, so the NRL and Superleague would probably have to kick in a lot of the funding for the exercise, but I believe if we ever hope to see our great sport develop on an international level, we will have to make some bold and innovative moves.

Jason
    Go the Steelers, Dragons, Titans, West Coast Eagles, Swannies, Sydney FC, Man United, Wollongong Hawks, Blues (league and cricket) , Waratahs, Sydney Flames, Sydney Swifts, HRT, MacLaren, and whoever's playing the All Blacks or England!

R.I.P. Brocky