Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by titans_fanatic
    There are clubs that will always do well?? are you joking me you tell me a club that has one 20 premerships!
    That was a different era, the game has changed since then, you need to let go of the past. in this era they are cellar dwellers perhaps in the future they may improve.

mate it dosnt really bother me to much as my team yes my team the gold coast titans will be coming into the comp but you said there are some team that will ALWAYS do well this is not true it goes in stages teams lose there players there team gets old all sorts of things happen

Titan CEO

titans fanatic you are right in a way. The game of rugby league is so unpredictable in all aspects of the game.

BUT.....if a team has had many years of success they are more likely to attract better players, coaching staff ect therefore giving them a head start over a team who has been in the bottom 5 for the last 10 years, just an example.

ie(this is just an example): andrew johns, billy slater, john sutton and paul rauhihi are off contract. They see that the roosters have made the finals alot of times in the past 10 years, then on the other hand you have souths who have come last for the last 2 years and have failed to make the 8 for 7 years(remember its just an example!). The players see that ricky stuart must be a good coach and that the roosters are a good team to get to the finals so often and sign with the roosters, therefore the roosters get awesome players and continue to succeed and souths miss out on these players and continue to struggle.

It is possible for certain teams to always be at the top because they attract the players and the coaches needed for a succesfull team. and its possible that teams can stay at the bottom of the ladder because of their poor form over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by super cronk
    if a team has had many years of success they are more likely to attract better players, coaching staff ect therefore giving them a head start over a team who has been in the bottom 5 for the last 10 years, just an example.

ie(this is just an example): andrew johns, billy slater, john sutton and paul rauhihi are off contract. They see that the roosters have made the finals alot of times in the past 10 years, then on the other hand you have souths who have come last for the last 2 years and have failed to make the 8 for 7 years(remember its just an example!). The players see that ricky stuart must be a good coach and that the roosters are a good team to get to the finals so often and sign with the roosters, therefore the roosters get awesome players and continue to succeed and souths miss out on these players and continue to struggle.

It is possible for certain teams to always be at the top because they attract the players and the coaches needed for a succesfull team. and its possible that teams can stay at the bottom of the ladder because of their poor form over the years.
    This is what i have been trying to say, i just couldnt find the right example to use

titans fanatic you are right in a way. The game of rugby league is so unpredictable in all aspects of the game.

BUT.....if a team has had many years of success they are more likely to attract better players, coaching staff ect therefore giving them a head start over a team who has been in the bottom 5 for the last 10 years, just an example.

true but all that needs to happen to change this is for souths to go close or get in the top eight get a couple of good players then come 5th get more good players and before they know it they will be in a GF

how many of you guy's and gals thought the tigers would be cellar dwellers?

with the bunnies having the right admin and coaching staff now rest assured success is not too far away.they have some great up and coming talent and will attract more big names if they continue the way they have been progressing forward.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by titans_fanatic
    true but all that needs to happen to change this is for souths to go close or get in the top eight get a couple of good players then come 5th get more good players and before they know it they will be in a GF

exactly. But so far they havent shown any good footy...and untill they start winning some games they wont attract the stars or the juniors for that matter.

exactly. But so far they havent shown any good footy...and untill they start winning some games they wont attract the stars or the juniors for that matter.
    you obviously we're asleep for the latter half of the season when the bunnies won 6 of they're last 8 to avoid the spoon.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by ridgey
    you obviously we're asleep for the latter half of the season when the bunnies won 6 of they're last 8 to avoid the spoon.

No i wasnt asleep...and 6 good games from a 1 year isnt exactly great.

i dont mean that they havent played any good games individualy ....but a season as a whole it wasnt that good.

exactyl ridgey they have got sutton locked up for a couple of years a future representative player IMO so next year they imporve and the year after they make the eight then they get the signings and there in a GF

well they'll have to prove the doubters wrong in 06 and make the 8

Titan CEO

well they'll have to prove the doubters wrong in 06 and make the 8
    and i hope they do prove the doubters wrong...ild love to see a even more closer comp then 2005.

and i hope they do prove the doubters wrong...ild love to see a even more closer comp then 2005.
    As do i, but im a realist, and i dont see them in the 8 next season, perhaps 2007/8

Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander
    As do i, but im a realist, and i dont see them in the 8 next season, perhaps 2007/8
    fairy tales do happen panthers and tigers GF WINNERS