Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    "Everyone must accept that a deal is a deal once made and can't be ignored unless both parties agree."
    That's double standards Steve.

We saw Shane Elford last year pull out of a deal with Souths at the 12th hour. We saw, as mentioned, Fui Fui Moi Moi pull out of a deal with the Storm in similar circumstances a few years ago.

It appears that although promising Turner a shot at the Full-Back position, the Titans went and signed Riche Mathers, an International Full-Back, making Turner really wonder why he left the club he loves in the first place, when his reason for moving initially to play at full-back?

That and the issues in relation to his girlfriend might be the main concern.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Manly_Titan
    Likewise, i cant see either party budging anytime soon :evil:
    As mentioned above, if it comes down to the word of the Storm vs the Titans in a courtroom, no court is going to hold an oral contract above a written contract.

Junior Titan

Would the NRL have any influence?

Appreciation towards Bulldog_Titan311 for Manly-Titan banner.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

As deegan said, going to the courts isn't really a fair option.

Hopefully they can sort something out soon.

Cronk, think of it like this. You go to an antique shop, find a big table you like the look of. Ask the guy how much it is, hagle a bit, come to a deal. The guy puts the 'sold' sign on it, you go do your shopping, come back and he's sold it to someone who offered a few quid more. BUT you'd come to a verbal agreement, therefore he can't go recanting it just for buggers sake. Most contracts in life are oral before they're written, it's only really with houses and such that it MUST be on paper to have any say.

Titan CEO

Would the NRL have any influence?
    If it broke the rules of the game then yes.

If contracts go to them for approval then i'd say they have not just a say but the final say.

Junior Titan

it's only really with houses and such that it MUST be on paper to have any say.
    Houses, work contracts - both are relatively similar in my book I would have thought Steve?

Titan CEO

As deegan said, going to the courts isn't really a fair option.

Hopefully they can sort something out soon.

Cronk, think of it like this. You go to an antique shop, find a big table you like the look of. Ask the guy how much it is, hagle a bit, come to a deal. The guy puts the 'sold' sign on it, you go do your shopping, come back and he's sold it to someone who offered a few quid more. BUT you'd come to a verbal agreement, therefore he can't go recanting it just for buggers sake. Most contracts in life are oral before they're written, it's only really with houses and such that it MUST be on paper to have any say.
    But thats different. In the NRL you have to have a contract signed (according to the NRL as of last Friday)...if there is no contract signed then the player can go where he pleases.

Also im not sure if this is what you were getting at but i highely doubt the storm would be paying him too much more then they already are.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk
    But thats different. In the NRL you have to have a contract signed (according to the NRL as of last Friday)...if there is no contract signed then the player can go where he pleases.

Also im not sure if this is what you were getting at but i highely doubt the storm would be paying him too much more then they already are.
    Melbourne are saying the NRL allowed them to sign him, and then yet they're taking the Titans side for a "verbal agreement". :erm:

Appreciation towards Bulldog_Titan311 for Manly-Titan banner.

Article says this:

It is understood the Storm offered Turner an extra $100,000 to stay in Melbourne after initially saying they couldn't fit him under the salary cap.

Junior Titan

Article says this:
    Since when are we believing what unconfirmed articles say?

Junior Titan

Melbourne are saying the NRL allowed them to sign him, and then yet they're taking the Titans side for a "verbal agreement". :erm:
    That's what confuses me. The NRL 'informed them on Friday' that he wasn't signed. Seeing how Turner is siding with the Storm (in regards to Waldrons statement), I really don't see him going to the Gold Coast under his own free will!

Steve: :yell: "You'll have to kill me first!"

Titan CEO

Article says this:
    Again its what an article says. You cant believe everything they print. One newspaper says there was a letter of intent signed..the other newspaper says there was no letter of intent...and another report says that there was a half-half signed/verbal agreement.

And also with Hill now offcially gone..that frees up ALOT of salary cap...so i guess its possible that they have thrown extra cash at him...but that wouldnt be his main reason for staying.

It's what you guys are doing too.

Basically the only info any of us have here is via the 'papers.

Which is why i'm inclined to side with the NRL who would have reviewed things as they actually stand.

Titan CEO

It's what you guys are doing too.

Basically the only info we have here is via the 'papers.

Which is why i'm inclined to side with the NRL who would have reviewed things as they actually stand.
    Im going by what both clubs and NRL have said.

Turner says he did not sign anything.

Titans say there was a verbal agreement.

Storm say they asked the NRL if he was signed they said NO, so Storm signed him.

Those are the direct quotes from articles and on TV.

Sorry i dont mean direct quotes, as in they said the above word for word....but that sums up what they did say in the quotes.