Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    I'd say we'd slot Mathers right into the spot.

Unsure who else is still available, but Blacklock is surely getting a bit older these days? Certainly past his peak, while Mathers & Turner (and most of the Titans) seem to be approaching their best in the future.
    ?

Isn't Turner staying with us at the Storm mate?

It'd be interesting if the Titans picked up Blacklock because i'm sure a player of his calibre and experience would slot in nicely up at the Gold Coast!

Junior Titan

I'd say we'd slot Mathers right into the spot.

Unsure who else is still available, but Blacklock is surely getting a bit older these days? Certainly past his peak, while Mathers & Turner (and most of the Titans) seem to be approaching their best in the future.
    True, but I thought maybe the experience of Blacklock might bring something to the club and give Mathers a few rounds on the wing to see how he goes in the NRL. If he goes well shift him to fullback and put Blacklock wing, if he is no good then drop him and bring in Peterson if 100% neccessary.

Junior Titan

I don't believe it, Steve Turner was one of our best, it seems unfair.
    Down at melebourne they'll have quinn, slater, king, inglis, geyer and now turner. If I was Turner I'd stay with the Titans and not be overshadowed by those big names.
    But on the bright side of things it looks like richie mathers will have an opportunity in the number 1 jersey.
    Last edited by Twixx; 16-08-06 at 04:32 PM.

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philstorm
    ?

Isn't Turner staying with us at the Storm mate?
    I think we should wait until the outcome of this:

The Gold Coast Titans are presently meeting with the NRL in relation to recent comments regarding the position of Melbourne Storm Fullback Steve Turner for the 2007 National Rugby League season.

We wish to advise our fans and supporters an agreement is in place between the Titans and the player and we ask that you remain patient as we work through this issue with the NRL

No doubt we'll know for sure exactly what's going on in another day or two. At the moment we have two clubs claiming him, so it makes sense for us to wait and see what actually happens.

Junior Titan

I think we should wait until the outcome of this:

No doubt we'll know for sure exactly what's going on in another day or two. At the moment we have two clubs claiming him, so it makes sense for us to wait and see what actually happens.
    Oh ok fair enough ofcourse. What do you think might be the outcome Steve? Could we have a possible situation where Searle takes the Storm to court and demands that Steve plays for the Titans? Or will he (rather ironically), do "A Storm" and concede that the player wont be coming (see Fui Fui Moi Moi incident last year).

I'm not really sure. All we know is from newspaper articles, and if they were correct then we wouldn't be in this mess.

I very highly doubt any sort of legal action, that would be a bit silly. But if Turner has made agreements then one would hope he would honour them. Hopefully something can be worked out, cos i can't help feeling a bit 'cheated' at the moment. But really, i only know as much as you. Find out soon, i guess.

The last thing the Titans will want to do is take the matter to court. If there is no signature on a contract and the player does not want to be part of the team - we don't want him as far as I am concerned. At the moment there is a lot of 'hearsay' being thrown around.

More details will be released soon.

Junior Titan

Please don't consider me bitter or anything by saying this, because i'm truly not sounding to be, but seeing how Turner went so far as to say,

"I have spoken it over with my girlfriend, Kate, and she didn't want to go either.

"I had a chat to them (the Titans) yesterday and told them my reasons.

"From there I've left it with my manager. I know they won't be happy, but I just hope they can understand my decision. I really wish them all the best for 2007."
    I don't really think the Titans, as DeeGan said, would want a player who isn't 100% committed to them. That's been the motto at the Storm for a while now and it's been pretty good from what we've seen.

I'm sure the Titans will now tap into their abundant young talent list and scoop up another youngster as good as Turner for the wing spot! urdy:

Junior Titan

David Gallop just released a statement siding with the Titans. While a letter of intent or a contract wasn't sided, I quote his words as reported, "That isn't necessary to constitute a legally binding contract".

Huge developments, but again, something like this will only do the Titans cause some damage I feel?

Argh i'm so confused :lol!:

That then raises the question why negotiate with the titans to begin with. What changes in two months?

Although as deegan says, it's mostly speculation at this stage. It'll all become 'final' soon.

The other question then becomes who else we look at to fill the void should he stay in melbourne.

Titan CEO

That then raises the question why negotiate with the titans to begin with. What changes in two months?

Although as deegan says, it's mostly speculation at this stage. It'll all become 'final' soon.

The other question then becomes who else we look at to fill the void should he stay in melbourne.
    Well apprently fullback was his preferred position back then..but now he has warmed to the wing spot.

Junior Titan

I reckon it's women power mate. We saw Manukafoa opt to stay with the Rabbitohs because "His girlfriend is a friend of Asotasi's girlfriend and she convinced Manaese to stay".

In this instance, I think Steve's Melbourne based girlfriend wanted him to stay as well.

If turner dont go to the titans mabye they should look at bott

Junior Titan Cowboys_Rabbit_Fan's Avatar

Interesting news but i'll look on the bright side and say that Richie Mathers will probably develop into a great fullback.

GO COWBOYS, TITANS, BUNNIES AND MAROONS!

Titan One Clubman

At the end of a day there is no point holding a player at a club againts there own will, it only has negative effects on your team and also eats up valuable cap space.