Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

I think the titans should just let him stay there imagine a player coming to club who doesnt want to be there it doesnt look good but if they want the player then they are in their right to pursue but IMO you ould get the worst our of him

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

if as suprised as anyone.

but surely it's dirty work by melbourne to pull the shifty and sign him without seeking confirmation from the titans over his current status. if he did have a change of heart surely talking to us first would have been the sensible move rather than signing him behind our backs. now we've just got a mess on our hands.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    if as suprised as anyone.

but surely it's dirty work by melbourne to pull the shifty and sign him without seeking confirmation from the titans over his current status. if he did have a change of heart surely talking to us first would have been the sensible move rather than signing him behind our backs. now we've just got a mess on our hands.
    If you read the articles...it says that Turner went to the Storm...The storm havent done anything dirty here...they were approached by Steve Turner and Turner said he wanted to stay...so storm re-signed him.

but they were well aware there had been argreements in place with the titans. they should have at least seeked to clarify the position. i mean if a player comes to you who you for all money thought was taken next year then surely you'd look into it.

Titan CEO

but they were well aware there had been argreements in place with the titans. they should have at least seeked to clarify the position. i mean if a player comes to you who you for all money thought was taken next year then surely you'd look into it.
    Well..in a way yes...but if a player comes to you and says "i havent signed a contract OR a letter of intent" then the club is free to sign the player is he not?

i mean this is from a press release back when he 'signed':

Melbourne Storm's Steve Turner is the latest Titans' recruit, signing a two-year deal with the fledgling club. The 21 year olds' decision to move was based on his goal of making a name for himself as a fulltime fullback.

Turner said, "The opportunity to play in my preferred position at fullback excites me. I have been behind some great players at the Storm and have been appreciative for the support they have shown me but the chance to concentrate on the number 1 jersey at a brand new club is something that is too good to pass up."

So surely to snap him up on a deal without checking with the titans what's going on is dodgy-dealing.

Titan CEO

i mean this is from a press release back when he 'signed':

So surely to snap him up on a deal without checking with the titans what's going on is dodgy-dealing.
    No the article says he has signed....but apprently he didnt sign ANYTHING.

Well every article from back then says he has signed. As far as the Storm knew he had signed. So AT THE VERY LEAST, they should have checked with the Titans to see what actually existed and what arrangements had been made. Because you don't just go annoucing players have signed without some sort of an agreement, one would think it's just common courtesy to at least check where a player stands.

Titan CEO

Well every article from back then says he has signed. As far as the Storm knew he had signed. So AT THE VERY LEAST, they should have checked with the Titans to see what actually existed and what arrangements had been made. Because you don't just go annoucing players have signed without some sort of an agreement, one would think it's just common courtesy to at least check where a player stands.
    You think the Storm club just sits around reading newspaper articles all day? Newspaper's are wrong all the time....Turner said he didnt sign anything....i think he would know if he had signed a contract. They obviously believe him.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk
    You think the Storm club just sits around reading newspaper articles all day? Newspaper's are wrong all the time....Turner said he didnt sign anything....i think he would know if he had signed a contract. They obviously believe him.
    Yep,I would think Searle realises that Turner isn't coming to Titans but now he is trying to minimise the embarrassment of not getting anything in writing.Titans shouldn't be concerned as Turner is obviously happy in Melb so his heart would not be in a move to Titans.Better they know now.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk

The fact that we have two clubs claiming to have him on their roster for next season tells us that things weren't handled as they should have. To me it seems they rushed to sign him without clarifying where he legally stood, which seems unprofessional and has landed us in this mess.

Junior Titan

I don't know if you remember Cronk, but it's a bit like the Fui Fui Moi Moi situation for the Storm a year back.

We thought he had signed with us only to have him change his mind later on in the year.

Anyway, i'm stoked that he's staying with us at the Storm!

Junior Titan

The fact that we have two clubs claiming to have him on their roster for next season tells us that things weren't handled as they should have. To me it seems they rushed to sign him without clarifying where he legally stood, which seems unprofessional and has landed us in this mess.
    Not really. When a player says that he hasn't signed a contract or a letter of intent, you're going to go against his word?

If you read the initial article about signing Steve Turner, Michael Searle went so far as to thank the Storm management for letting Steve sign with them in a professional manner. The Storm didn't interfere with anything, they just satisfied a player on their roster who wanted to stay at the club.

Junior Titan

Hi guys,
    does this mean that Mathers will go straight to fullback? Or will they look at other fullbacks that are up for grabs?

I believe Nathan Blacklock is currently unsigned.

Quote Originally Posted by wesseristilllovethee
    Hi guys,
    does this mean that Mathers will go straight to fullback? Or will they look at other fullbacks that are up for grabs?

I believe Nathan Blacklock is currently unsigned.
    I'd say we'd slot Mathers right into the spot.

Unsure who else is still available, but Blacklock is surely getting a bit older these days? Certainly past his peak, while Mathers & Turner (and most of the Titans) seem to be approaching their best in the future.