Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast
    Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zacaroo
    this is bull**** issue, turner should stop having a sook and do what he said he would
    Couldn't have been said any better. I can see this being a situation similar to Gordon Tallis and the Dragons nearly 10 years ago, but we don't want a repeat of our own though.

Thanx to Steelers for the handywork!!!

I will definately be bringing this issue up when I get to interview Michael THIS WEEK. More comments from me later after the interview. My stance on the whole scenario is one of the many threads on this topic.

He's acting like a little child. I'm not sure if I want him on my team. A contract Isn't a toy you cant just change your mind after making an agreement with a club even if it's a verbal agreement, you give the club your word. Mic should let him stay at the Storm and good riddance to him, good luck to him. There's plenty of other young guys out there who can play on the wing for us better than Turner. I'd even start Petersen before him.

Turner snubs Titans

RENEGADE NRL wing Steve Turner continues to thumb his nose at Gold Coast - snubbing the Titans orientation week and refusing to return phone calls from club officials.

In the latest twist in the Turner tug-of-war, Gold Coast warned the Melbourne flyer last night that he must honour his contract or risk sitting on the sidelines for the next three seasons.

Turner insisted he intended to stay in Melbourne after Storm's grand final defeat, and he has previously declared a willingness to take the NRL to court to remain with Storm in 2007.

But Gold Coast remains furious with the defiant wing, who continues to ignore attempts by the Titans to make contact and resolve the issue.

The majority of the Titans playing squad assembled for an orientation day last Tuesday before heading into a three-day camp at Robina.

Turner's future remains unclear.

"Our position hasn't changed since the first day we heard of Stephen trying to back out, and I don't think our position will change," Titans managing director Michael Searle said.

"At some stage, Stephen has got to come to the realisation he has made an agreement to play football with the Titans.

"This is a whole-of-game issue.

"It is setting a fairly ugly precedent if you allow a player to unilaterally terminate a playing contract agreement.

"The role that Melbourne played in facilitating that contract is quite questionable.

"You would hate to infer that someone has induced a player to terminate an agreement but it's certainly looking that way.

"Realistically, he's looking at three years on the sidelines if that's the way he wants to go."

Turner agreed a three-year deal with the fledgling Gold Coast outfit last July before doing a backflip in August and signing another contract with Storm.

The NRL has refused to register the Melbourne contract.

NRL chief executive David Gallop was on the Gold Coast yesterday to launch the 2007 season draw, and he maintained that Turner would not be allowed to play for Storm next year.

"The situation still in our view is that he entered into a contract to play for the Titans," Gallop said.

"We then received a contract from Melbourne Storm - which we have said we won't register.

"While we can't make him play for the Titans, we can certainly ensure that he doesn't play for the Storm.

"Clubs and players have to realise that contracts are something you can't just walk away from."

http://www.foxsports.com.au
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 10-11-06 at 01:06 AM.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Either way, Storm wont be losing out, but I sure as hell wish he actually 'got on his bike'. I admire his loyalty for wanting to stay with Melbourne, but at the end of the day, he's signed a legally binding contract and should honour it.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

He's acting like a 12 year old....

Seriously, i really dont want him at the titans anymore.

Its a nightmare for both clubs..BUT i'll tell you what! I love the way the TITANS are sticking to there guns...Not because of Turner, but to show all other clubs, we wont be messed with!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Dear Mr. Turner,

For months you have stuffed both the Storm and the Titans around just to please yourself because all of a sudden you dont want to come Tough.

I understand this has got to do with personal issues with your G.F but once again i ask you why wasnt this factored in when you made your decison ?

To say you are going about things childishly is an understatement why dont you be a man like you should be and honour your decision you made ?

Now you are not returning the Titans phonecalls etc is very childish let me put it straight to you Mr. Turner the decison is very simple you either Honour the original agreement you made with the Titans or sit out for 3 years your choice.

Personally for all i care you can sit out on the sidelines for all i care, As no one is bigger than the game itself. You are replaceable as there are many players that will be happy to take your spot in what is going to be a successfull titans side.

The choice is yours Mr. Turner but what ever decison you make i hope you stick to it and not change your mind when you feel like it.

Your pal,

Grimmace.

Well put grimmace..
    I feel for the Titans & Storm Football Clubs..And the fans,Being jerked around for so long by Turner! So where does it stand Legally now????

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Quote Originally Posted by jenny
    Well put grimmace..
    I feel for the Titans & Storm Football Clubs..And the fans,Being jerked around for so long by Turner! So where does it stand Legally now????
    Thats right hes stuffing everybody around.
    Legally where does he stand Legally the Titans should win the court battle if it gets that far and if it does i hope he sits out on the sidelines i can honestly say i dont care what happens to him now ive had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    Thats right hes stuffing everybody around.
    Legally where does he stand Legally the Titans should win the court battle if it gets that far and if it does i hope he sits out on the sidelines i can honestly say i dont care what happens to him now ive had enough.
    I think we all have had enough!!
    AND dont forget the cost of Barristers etc...bloody hell! NIGHTMARE! as i said, for both sides! *ughhh*

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

I think we all have had enough!!
    AND dont forget the cost of Barristers etc...bloody hell! NIGHTMARE! as i said, for both sides! *ughhh*
    Yep costs a lot of money for just one troubles player however i hope the Titans dont back down.

If it goesa to court its a bad image for the game in general and it creates a media circus.

Yep costs a lot of money for just one troubles player however i hope the Titans dont back down.

If it goesa to court its a bad image for the game in general and it creates a media circus.
    I know...*the winners are the LAWYERS* and then whoever gets him!
    But alot of time and money wasted!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

I know...*the winners are the LAWYERS* and then whoever gets him!
    But alot of time and money wasted!
    Trust me nobody wins by getting steve turner. He is digging himself into a hole and he keeps digging further.

*sigh and to think we couldve signed Greensheilds instead*

Trust me nobody wins by getting steve turner. He is digging himself into a hole and he keeps digging further.

*sigh and to think we couldve signed Greensheilds instead*
    I wonder whose advising him?

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY