Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

his my 2 cents worth
    tuner got caught up in the hype of it all, a new club, new start, garurteened a starting spot... he didnt think about wat he was getting into, the fact that he would have to move, with his gf, to a club/area which he dont know, he sorta got cold feet, he still wants to come but is unsure about it
    now with storm going so well, isnt really helping, he started to play great footy, and he luvs it down there, y would u want to go?
    even through he didnt sign a contact, he mad a agreement, titans and even himself, have talk about how he is playing for the titans next year, on radio, newspapers... if u asked anyone 1 month ago who tuner is playing 4 next year, they would of said titans... sometimes an verbal agreement is enough

it was like he was walking in a forest, then he suddenly came to a choice, to go down 2 roads, one road is less traveled, a makeshift road, all dark and scary. a new club, fresh start, unlimited opportunities, but u dont know for sure wat could/will happen if u go down it
    the other one, all nice and concrete, mown lawns and birds chirping away. a footy club which u have grown into, u know wats it like and wat to except from it, its more safe casue u know wat goes on

it was like he went down choice 1 got halfway there, got scared and run bak to take the other path cause its more safe

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk
    Or did they?

There are a heap of conflicting stories...Only Turner/manager and the Titans know what happened.
    Brian Waldron has consistently said Turner has signed nothing but have admitted Turner agreed to go to the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Courier Mail
    Melbourne face sanctions from the NRL for inducing a player to breach his contract if they persist with trying to retain winger Steve Turner, NRL chief executive David Gallop has warned.
    http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...003409,00.html.....the last paragraph of the article.

Default Titans, Turner on wrestling mat

Titans, Turner on wrestling mat
    Roy Masters
    September 15, 2006

THE Gold Coast Titans made an under-the-radar trip to Melbourne to meet their reluctant signing, Steve Turner, on the very day news leaked that Wallaby Mat Rogers had signed with the new club.

A major media conference was planned for Wednesday morning to announce Rogers's signing, while, the day before, Titans coach John Cartwright and football manager Scott Sattler travelled to meet Turner, who insists he is staying in Melbourne.

Because Rogers could be a rival to Turner for the Titans' fullback position, the rush trip has been perceived as a strategy to secure him to the Gold Coast club ahead of news that Rogers was a competitor.

However, Gold Coast managing director Michael Searle dismissed this, saying, "Mat Rogers's signing had nothing to do with Steve Turner. We were keen to let Steve know we bought him as a fullback.

"We see him as our No.1 fullback. Mat can play five-eighth, centre or fullback but we see him as a running back."

Although Searle concedes Turner is defiant in wanting to stay in Melbourne, he described the trip as positive because Turner made an admission he had reached an agreement with the Titans.

"The good thing is [Titans coach] John Cartwright looked him in the eye and said, 'You're not saying you haven't an agreement with us?'," Searle said.

"He conceded he had an agreement with our club. But he said he wants to stay there."

Searle argued the Titans' stand on Turner, currently playing wing for the Storm, was good for the NRL.

"You see this trend where players walk into the CEO's office and unilaterally break an agreement," he said. "If the player breaks a leg and we break the agreement, imagine how we would be perceived.

"Steve doesn't have family in Melbourne and, therefore, doesn't have compassionate grounds to stay there."

The Titans are concerned Penrith's Frank Puletua is also seeking to break his contract with the new club.

It is understood Puletua is citing family reasons.

Turner's manager, David Riolo, witnessed Turner's meeting with Cartwright and Sattler but the player met his Storm coach, Craig Bellamy immediately afterwards.

Melbourne are convinced the Turner case is headed to court, with the Storm receiving legal advice that Turner's arrangement with the Titans is not binding.

Storm officials point out Turner hasn't a Titans contract and therefore can't be registered with the NRL.

Source:smh

It sure is going to be interesting to see which club wins his contract. If he wasn't in such good form, I'd say just let him stay at the Storm. He obviously doesn't want to go. But since he's playing so well, I'd like to see him at the Titans!! Hope the Titans win!! But seriously, I can't believe he is kicking up such a fuss. He obviously had an agreement with the Titans, and he should be a man of his word.
    :beer: :naughty:

Junior Titan

i thought all of this was sorted out
    "Go the Titans"

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    Yeh, so did I until I read this post! I'm so over it!!!
    :beer: :naughty:

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TITANS007
    Yeh, so did I until I read this post! I'm so over it!!!
    me to
    "Go the Titans"

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Lockyer
    Since when has this been over.The storm decided to put this issue aside untill after theyre done with their finals campagin for obvious reason. I think you will fine this issue will be the hottest topic in the off season

Junior Titan

but scott sattler said to someone that it was all sorted out.
    "Go the Titans"

Yeah he said that to Rabs but i honestly didnt think it was over and this article clearly shows its not

Junior Titan

oh well here we go again
    "Go the Titans"

Titan First Grade Squad

this is bull**** issue, turner should stop having a sook and do what he said he would

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Yeah, well said, its about time he started acting like a man, he is playing a mans sport.

i just hope they can settle before it goes to court it will be a shame if that happens, doesnt do the clubs any justice