Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy.hazey
    Do We Want Steve Truner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey All
    Man am I looking forward to 2007 when the Titans Play - bout time we had a Gold Coast team........

Now let me ask all of us loyal TITAN fans one question......

DO WE REALLY WANT STEVE TURNER?????????????? :box: :box: :box: :box:
    He must have had a change of heart - or his heart was not with us in the first place. As far as I'm concerned contract or no contract let storm keep him. We dont need a player if his heart is not with us.

In our first year we will want and NEED players who want to play for and with us and not wish they were else where....... AM I RIGHT????
    Does anyone else agree with me?????????????????
    ..No, the only reason being, that it does set a complicated precedence...Does anyone really think that Turner would'nt be playing with all his heart...just to be spiteful......bad career move..... I believe after a normal period of adjustment....Everything may just fall into place for him :ok:...and EVERYONE else involved

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

We don't really know what Steve's thinking, though. We've heard a lot of info from both clubs, both trying to protect their own interests obviously. But we don't really know about steve's commitment until the titans meet with him for a chat. i mean best case scenario he can put this all behind him and give us 100%, and it's still a very real possibility. he's young and has the world at his feet, i don't see why he wouldn't put in a strong effort with our new club and launch his career further (as we all know he's capable of).

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    We don't really know what Steve's thinking, though. We've heard a lot of info from both clubs, both trying to protect their own interests obviously. But we don't really know about steve's commitment until the titans meet with him for a chat. i mean best case scenario he can put this all behind him and give us 100%, and it's still a very real possibility. he's young and has the world at his feet, i don't see why he wouldn't put in a strong effort with our new club and launch his career further (as we all know he's capable of).
    Personally, I think that this is absolutly going be the end result...I just can't imagine any player not giving their all to any game they play... :win:

if steve made any sort of agreement he should abide by it or not do anything youll change ur mind to

Quote Originally Posted by Michel-jennifer
    Personally, I think that this is absolutly going be the end result...I just can't imagine any player not giving their all to any game they play... :win:

yeah, exactly. i mean with all signs pointing in favour of the titans, i can't imagine any young player shooting himself in the foot and halting his career. and this is the GOLD COAST for godsake! moving to a nice city, with an ambitious young club. it's a great position to be in, and no doubt he'll have a chance to become a keyplayer. i still have high hopes of this all working out well for mr turner.

yeah, exactly. i mean with all signs pointing in favour of the titans, i can't imagine any young player himself in the foot and halting his career. and this is the GOLD COAST for godsake! moving to a nice city, with an ambitious young club. it's a great position to be in, and no doubt he'll have a chance to become a keyplayer. i still have high hopes of this all working out well for mr turner.
    Yeah :satan: Then he might start posting here... and be the forum's favourite son ...

Quote Originally Posted by Michel-jennifer
    Yeah :satan: Then he might start posting here... and be the forum's favourite son ...
    woah woah woah. i'm the forum steve, i don't want him cutting in on my turf!

woah woah woah. i'm the forum steve, i don't want him cutting in on my turf!
    Now SteveDangerous...:satan: Remember the little thing bout 'arms wide open '....

True. Plus we already have a 'Steve' as well as a 'Steve Dangerous'.

I'll just have to share.

But considering the NRL have officially backed the titans, and melbourne have decided not to make any decisions until after the footy season.. i think for now debate can rest a bit. lord knows it's all been a hot topic this week, i'm not a fan of seeing my club badmouthed though...!

Junior Titan

Question

Well, I might be a loner here but i really dont want Steve Turner to play for us.....
    This reminds me of a similar situation a few years ago with Ruben Wiki, who actually had signed two contracts one with Canberra Raiders and one with NZ Warriors.
    His situation ended up in the Federal Court (If my memory serves me well) and the court ruled with Wiki and he played with Raiders

This is a similar situation except Wiki had signed tow contracts, and the court ruled with Wiki.
    Steve Turner did not sign a contract with us, nor a letter of intent. I wonter what the courts might say about this....
    :fence: :cop: :fence: :cop: :fence: :cop:

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy.hazey
    Well, I might be a loner here but i really dont want Steve Turner to play for us.....
    This reminds me of a similar situation a few years ago with Ruben Wiki, who actually had signed two contracts one with Canberra Raiders and one with NZ Warriors.
    His situation ended up in the Federal Court (If my memory serves me well) and the court ruled with Wiki and he played with Raiders

This is a similar situation except Wiki had signed tow contracts, and the court ruled with Wiki.
    Steve Turner did not sign a contract with us, nor a letter of intent. I wonter what the courts might say about this....
    :fence: :cop: :fence: :cop: :fence: :cop:

I don't want to get involved in this arguement but I will state a few things...

- Firstly according to a lot of lawyers asked about this case on sports shows, they said the Titans would still win in a court of law, they reckon that verbal contracts do have some credit if done correctly....

- I don't really think its Steve exactly that doesn't want to move to the GC, he moved to Melbourne at a young age and was fine, so being homesick is not a problem, however other factors may be keeping him wanting to stay in Melbourne, all of which we are well aware of...

- The more this goes on and the more I read, the more I reckon that if forced to play for the Titans in 2007, Turner will come out and play, and I reckon that he will be happy here hopefully too.

But that's just my opinion, and you are entitled to yours, I do agree though that if he is still angry after the courts decision and states profusely he doesn't want to be here, then we shouldn't take him, last thing we all need is a player who doesn't have 100% commitment to the Titans...

What a crock.

I think whether he goes or stays is up to him and not the NRL - last time I checked changing your mind outside a contract wasn't against the law.

There's one way to turn a star player into a crap one and that's forcing them to be somewhere they don't want to be.

He gets the ball he scores a goal, Jimmy Jimmy Hird!
    They're the bhoys in emerald green, they're the best we've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheFox
    What a crock.

I think whether he goes or stays is up to him and not the NRL - last time I checked changing your mind outside a contract wasn't against the law.

There's one way to turn a star player into a crap one and that's forcing them to be somewhere they don't want to be.
    :hi: Welcome to the forum.....Yeah....that'd be okay...if he was the only party involved.Unfortunately...Turners decision making process has caused alot of upheaval and uncertainity....for alot of people ...He is responsible for having a change of mind, and of course you need to expect the chain reaction he has started :ok:...Again,..people are reacting to his decisions...I don't see what is wrong with that....Turner is'nt the only person who has an interest to protect...:bored:

:noidea: :noidea: What really has me confused and annoyed, is how can he seem so keen to come to the Titans just a matter of days before and then out of the blue, sign a contract with the Storm.

Why hadn't the Storm stepped in earlier to make in known they wished to keep Turner, or did they. Maybe he was trying to get more money and called Storm's bluff. Maybe he never wanted to come North and never thought it would come to this.

Just a thought :hmm: :hmm:

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim
    :noidea: :noidea: What really has me confused and annoyed, is how can he seem so keen to come to the Titans just a matter of days before and then out of the blue, sign a contract with the Storm.

Why hadn't the Storm stepped in earlier to make in known they wished to keep Turner, or did they. Maybe he was trying to get more money and called Storm's bluff. Maybe he never wanted to come North and never thought it would come to this.

Just a thought :hmm: :hmm:
    Wow :!:...the plot thickens :!: ....:lol!: