Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Deegan I ahve nothing against you personally but how about looking at both sides of the Story instead of just what Gold Coast say.

There is 1 reason Gallop will side with Gold Coast. U R a new club that MAY and I stress MAY struggle 4 supporte JUDGINING on PREVIOUS GOLD COAST SPORTING teams and Gallop doesn't want to get people offside up their b4 ur first game

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    Deegan I ahve nothing against you personally but how about looking at both sides of the Story instead of just what Gold Coast say.
    Haha mate, on the other hand, why don't you look at this from the Gold Coast POV.

There are both Storm and Titans fans posting in this thread, I dare you to find a fan who doesn't believe that their own team isn't in the right (morally is another matter!).

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Michael Searle urdy:....Just saw you on The Sunday Footy Show ....I think that your comments in relation to Steve Turner, and the way in which management and the fan supporter base will welcome him for the 2007 season, are a great indication of the professionalisim of the Titans :win:....I really hope that this situation can be resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of all involved....With Michael Searle leading the way...should'nt be too hard to achieve at all...
    Last edited by ~Wild Child~; 20-08-06 at 12:12 PM.

Junior Titan

Turner can go jump for all i care.

If you cant stick by your word, then you dont have much going for you, so Turner, go jump. Stay with Melbourne you mummys boy for all I care.

MAGPIES BEST EVER - TITANS FOREVER

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes
    Turner can go jump for all i care.

If you cant stick by your word, then you dont have much going for you, so Turner, go jump. Stay with Melbourne you mummys boy for all I care.
    Michel-Jennifer, what happened to fans 'welcoming him back with open arms'?

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Missed the Sunday Footy Show... what did Searle say?

Quote Originally Posted by philstorm
    Michel-Jennifer, what happened to fans 'welcoming him back with open arms'?
    Well...I would say that there is an exception to every rule... but i would'nt like to say anything..that you could later use against me ..:satan:...but...I will say that Tobes just ain't the cuddling type :rotflmao:....Philstorm :topic: ...Are you over the Storms defeat yet? :satan:

Junior Titan

Sorry, but I just think its a bit rich by an NRL player to give his word on going to a club, saying yeah yeah im fine lets go, but then he at the last moment says no.

If I were management, I would now derail him. Make him EARN his spot in the club, rather then just getting to walk in.

The Titans have to mean business, or we will be laughed out of the competition.

MAGPIES BEST EVER - TITANS FOREVER

Morally there is an argument to release Steve Turner - a lot posted in this thread is arguing that we as a club should "morally" do the right thing by Steve Turner and the Melbourne Storm. The argument carries no weight at this level - this is not a backyard game of footy where you can swap sides as you please, this is business when it comes down to it and the verbal agreement reached (with documented black and white print from David Riolo in the form of an e-mail) is binding as far as I am concerned.

This "issue" needs to be sorted ASAP - with any luck we will get Gallop's ruling on this one tomorrow. On that, we are not getting ANY favours for being a new club in this case - trying to convince yourself that will be the factor that swings the result in the favour of the Gold Coast Titans is "head in the sand" stuff.

Good old gallops ruling not like it will mean much to the storm and turner anyway because chances are theyll run to the courts

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Morally there is an argument to release Steve Turner - a lot posted in this thread is arguing that we as a club should "morally" do the right thing by Steve Turner and the Melbourne Storm. The argument carries no weight at this level - this is not a backyard game of footy where you can swap sides as you please, this is business when it comes down to it and the verbal agreement reached (with documented black and white print from David Riolo in the form of an e-mail) is binding as far as I am concerned.

This "issue" needs to be sorted ASAP - with any luck we will get Gallop's ruling on this one tomorrow. On that, we are not getting ANY favours for being a new club in this case - trying to convince yourself that will be the factor that swings the result in the favour of the Gold Coast Titans is "head in the sand" stuff.
    My husband and i worked today and spoke to at least 100 people. It is a hot topic of coversation up here on the Coast! People are ticked off at him.
    As i said before, there's alot of passion about our new club!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

i was having a convo with the cab driver 'bout him last night!

haha.

Titan CEO

Wow a huge deal has come out of this hasnt it!

The fact of the matter is...there isnt anymore evidence or "facts" supporting each side then there was last week.

But it is really sad some titans fans getting very angry at Turner....grow up will you! And its equally sad some Storm fans around are having a go at the titans.

Its one sides word against the others....i honestly dont care all that much what he does....im positive both sides could cope with-out him.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cronk
    Wow a huge deal has come out of this hasnt it!

The fact of the matter is...there isnt anymore evidence or "facts" supporting each side then there was last week.

But it is really sad some titans fans getting very angry at Turner....grow up will you! And its equally sad some Storm fans around are having a go at the titans.

Its one sides word against the others....i honestly dont care all that much what he does....im positive both sides could cope with-out him.
    Cronk, perfect post and you illustrate my thoughts exactly, and the reason why I have kept away from here for the past week, after day one I had enough and whilst I reckon the GC should stand up for their rights and fight the fight, I just reckon it got a bit crazy with some fans.. with certain people I think needing to learn that although its alright to be supportive and 100% behind your side, other fans are going to go fishing when things like this occur, don't let them get the better of you, never stoop to an idiots level...

I couldn't care less if he stays or goes, but whatever the decision, Turner should accept it along with the losing party and go on in 2007, he's too good a talent not to be playing in the NRL, regardless of where it might be.

Once again Cronk, well done for posting such a great post..

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog_Titan311
    Cronk, perfect post and you illustrate my thoughts exactly, and the reason why I have kept away from here for the past week, after day one I had enough and whilst I reckon the GC should stand up for their rights and fight the fight, I just reckon it got a bit crazy with some fans.. with certain people I think needing to learn that although its alright to be supportive and 100% behind your side, other fans are going to go fishing when things like this occur, don't let them get the better of you, never stoop to an idiots level...

I couldn't care less if he stays or goes, but whatever the decision, Turner should accept it along with the losing party and go on in 2007, he's too good a talent not to be playing in the NRL, regardless of where it might be.

Once again Cronk, well done for posting such a great post..
    got to agree with you and cronk man just get on with life it has been so degrading this story and once again the media i think has blown it out of proportion