Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
    Junior Titan

Career suicide if he chooses to sit on the sidelines. No 21year old with his talent should be sitting anywhere other than a press box answering questions about his stellar performances.

Hypothetical situation though, lets assume the dispute is settled and he makes the decision to go ahead with the inaugural year of the fledgling (love that word) club, how will his team mates take to him. Will Steve turner be welcomed by one and ALL ?

Why the hell are the Titans persuing Turner. Why does a club want someone there who doesnt want to be there.

Souths did it with Elford this year, and it worked out fine

u got 2 be kidin me he better not leave otherwise im gunna drag my broncos/titans butt down there and slap him silly
    GOLD COAST TITANS 08 "THATS MY TEAM"

I having been talking about this to my Old man who works as the legal representitive for his work, and he said that Titans will find it hard to win the case if they persue legal action (which is riduculous) because a verbal agreement on an intention is not binding.

Thats just his 2 cents but, "WHY WONT THEY RELEASE HIM?" The Titans organisation has just gone down in my books so much because they want a player to play at their club who doesnt want to be their. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb Titans franchise. It is the last thing they need heading into the inaugrial season

Would you be happy if asotasi or any of the other players came out and said they didnt want to be part of the club? and wouldnt you want your club to fight for them? i think you have your answer

QLD Cup Titan

If the NRL rules that Turner can only play for the Titans he should do that & commit to the club & not consider sitting out.That would be ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettymac
    Career suicide if he chooses to sit on the sidelines. No 21year old with his talent should be sitting anywhere other than a press box answering questions about his stellar performances.

Hypothetical situation though, lets assume the dispute is settled and he makes the decision to go ahead with the inaugural year of the fledgling (love that word) club, how will his team mates take to him. Will Steve turner be welcomed by one and ALL ?

Welcomed by players and fans alike?? I find it hard to think that EVERYONE will welcome him if his heart isn't here.

GO THE TITANS!

Junior Titan

I doubt he will sit out, he will be playing for one or the other next year. The difficulty for the Tits will could quite possibly be proving acceptance of the agreement. As previous experience in RL would suggest that all offers are agreed to by the signing of contracts...if this isnt the case, why did the Titans fwd documents to Turner to sign? As Turner did not sign anything, he may be able to argue (successfully?) that acceptance of the offer was never clear or certain. Certainly if no other method is prescribed, the method of acceptance must take the same form as the method of the offer, now I would presume the offer came in writing.

This isnt going to be clear cut as there are so many angles to it, however, at end of the day, neither club nor the NRL really has much to gain by forcing the player to do anything. Perhaps for the Tits its just a matter of chest beating and they need to be seen to be mixing it with the big boys on their own terms...

No one will win this one if he sits out 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by molly
    I doubt he will sit out, he will be playing for one or the other next year. The difficulty for the Tits will could quite possibly be proving acceptance of the agreement. As previous experience in RL would suggest that all offers are agreed to by the signing of contracts...if this isnt the case, why did the Titans fwd documents to Turner to sign? As Turner did not sign anything, he may be able to argue (successfully?) that acceptance of the offer was never clear or certain. Certainly if no other method is prescribed, the method of acceptance must take the same form as the method of the offer, now I would presume the offer came in writing.

This isnt going to be clear cut as there are so many angles to it, however, at end of the day, neither club nor the NRL really has much to gain by forcing the player to do anything. Perhaps for the Tits its just a matter of chest beating and they need to be seen to be mixing it with the big boys on their own terms...

No one will win this one if he sits out 3 years.
    Great post and yeah hi welcome to the forums and dont forget to laugh yourself stupid

Quote Originally Posted by grimmace
    Would you be happy if asotasi or any of the other players came out and said they didnt want to be part of the club? and wouldnt you want your club to fight for them? i think you have your answer
    No I would not be happy, but I would rather have players at my club who really want to be there, not players who wont out. To answer your question, I would release him

TITANS are dumb if they dont

Quote Originally Posted by Souths'n'Titans
    Thats just his 2 cents but, "WHY WONT THEY RELEASE HIM?" The Titans organisation has just gone down in my books so much because they want a player to play at their club who doesnt want to be their. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb Titans franchise. It is the last thing they need heading into the inaugrial season
    It's because the Titans are not Souths, we won't crumble when the pressure gets raised. Turner is rightfully a Titan.

and the crushers are where?

Quote Originally Posted by Souths'n'Titans
    and the crushers are where?
    Part of the GC history and part of the titans too.one must remeber you must accept your past before you can move on in life that way you dont make the same mistakes

Junior Titan

I gotta agree with Souths here. At the Storm we only want players that want ot be with us, hence why we didn't fight for Chewy Chewy Moi Moi and Jackson Nickolau who is not well known but is a very promising young kid.

Maybe before telling me not to call names have a word to Michael Searle, where not bullys or any of the names he called us.

Hey dude its a new day dont worry about that move on plus having people come in here and have a different outllok is allways a positive thing but yeah i agree if the player doesnt want to be there why would you want them