Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
    Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Given the limited facts that have been presented, and the fact that the NRL has sided with the titans, i dare say if this dispute want to a tribunal or court, it would be found that this contract is legally binding, as queenslander stated correctly, there are many parts involved in a contract and all seemed to have been fulfilled in verbal or written form and even implied by media statements made by mr turner himself.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2006Dragons
    Given the limited facts that have been presented, and the fact that the NRL has sided with the titans, i dare say if this dispute want to a tribunal or court, it would be found that this contract is legally binding, as queenslander stated correctly, there are many parts involved in a contract and all seemed to have been fulfilled in verbal or written form and even implied by media statements made by mr turner himself.
    If it went to court I reckon Melb would be in the box seat as they have his signature on a contract.No doubt Turner's intention was to play at Titans but he didn't sign anything.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mb63
    If it went to court I reckon Melb would be in the box seat as they have his signature on a contract.No doubt Turner's intention was to play at Titans but he didn't sign anything.
    Signatures mean little when it comes to contract law Mb. Its not required to enter into a legally binding contract.

Junior Titan

Mikey, pull your head in mate. Calling opposition fans 'tight****s' is a stupid thing to do. I'm sure friendly banter and discussion is encouraged, but not crap like that.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Quote Originally Posted by philstorm
    Mikey, pull your head in mate. Calling opposition fans 'tight****s' is a stupid thing to do. I'm sure friendly banter and discussion is encouraged, but not crap like that.
    :win: :win: :win:...Great post philstorm.urdy:

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

I beg to differ, the many media relaseses that state, he joined to get a permanet postion at fullback and a great lifestyle etc etc, imply that he has entered into a contract and as thus a court would see this, this is the issue, he has signed a contract with melbourne when he is already in one for next season, in court the contract created with melbourne, would not be used as a piece of evidence, it has no effect what so ever on the titans contract, a court hearing would be used to determine wheter in fact turner did enter into a contract with the titans, and if not, then the melbourne contract is legal, if the court finds however that he did enter into an agreement with the titans, the melbourne contract would be void. The fact that he has signed somethign else would not be used, and if his defence did use it, the judge would inform the jury to ignore that piece of evidence as it is not mitigating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy2006Dragons
    I beg to differ, the many media relaseses that state, he joined to get a permanet postion at fullback and a great lifestyle etc etc, imply that he has entered into a contract and as thus a court would see this, this is the issue, he has signed a contract with melbourne when he is already in one for next season, in court the contract created with melbourne, would not be used as a piece of evidence, it has no effect what so ever on the titans contract, a court hearing would be used to determine wheter in fact turner did enter into a contract with the titans, and if not, then the melbourne contract is legal, if the court finds however that he did enter into an agreement with the titans, the melbourne contract would be void. The fact that he has signed somethign else would not be used, and if his defence did use it, the judge would inform the jury to ignore that piece of evidence as it is not mitigating.
    WHOOAAAAA!!! Very Impressive!!!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

The ball is in your court Steve:

Titans don?t want Turner?s career to stall.

Gold Coast Titans Managing Director Michael Searle and Coach John Cartwright today reinforced their commitment to Steve Turner, saying the 21 year old Melbourne Storm player will be welcomed at the Gold Coast club with open arms once his 2007 National Rugby League commitments have ceased.

?Coach John Cartwright and I look forward to having Steve join his new team mates on the Gold Coast later this year. It is with great disappointment that we have heard Steve may consider sitting out the next three National Rugby League seasons. The Gold Coast Titans stress this would be a regrettable outcome, and this decision can only be made by Steve.? Searle said.

?The last thing we want is for Steve?s promising career to be placed on hold; in fact we are confident that his career will flourish under the strong coaching team we have assembled at the Club. We are also sure Steve will enjoy his time on the Gold Coast and at the Titans.?

?We did consider an application for release made by Steve Turner last week, however there were no compassionate grounds and it was decided the Club would be setting a horrible precedent if we were to grant a release simply because the player changed his mind or had been persuaded to stay on at his present club.?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    The ball is in your court Steve:
    I Totally agree with that! I remember when Tallis did it, while Contracted to ST George...Very Uncool!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Quote Originally Posted by jenny
    I Totally agree with that! I remember when Tallis did it, while Contracted to ST George...Very Uncool!
    Let's hope it doesn't come to that ... time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Let's hope it doesn't come to that ... time will tell.
    I hope not too...

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Junior Titan

To be honest, I think he'll miss most of next year as he see's this pan out in court.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Junior Titan

He should just knuckle down and play for us

Quote Originally Posted by philstorm
    To be honest, I think he'll miss most of next year as he see's this pan out in court.
    Now that would be a shame ...

The Steve Turner type of player is able to be replaced, no one is going to mix him up for a Tallis calibre type of player. I think sitting out will do him more harm than good. There are a lot of young talented players ready to be called upon .- look no futher than a Shannon Walker in our Elite Academy squad for example.

We will see how this goes though I am sure all involved want to see Steve Turner on the football field in 2007.

Junior Titan

I just hope we see him on the football field for the titans.