Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    First of all you it wasn't a cheap shot and run because I'm sitll here and also you guys obviously can't read very well because my name is Mikey and not Mickey.

Jenny can you tell me how many Gold Coast teams have been successful in national competitions?????

What I meant about being good is we let Friendy and Jake talk to you before the deadline. Jackson Nicolau (check spelling) had a verbal agreement with us and we let him go when he changed his mind because we have the palyers best interests at heart but obviously you don't

If you want to talk abotu cheap shots look at Michael Searle
    :rotflmao: Because we are educated and civil we are not going to be rude, OK??
    First of all Mickey, you have to realise this is a growing city, And we will pull it together very well this year!... Michael Searle has tried his GUTS out for this team to be in the NRL..And Everyone Applaudes him whether you like it or not! Fair enough you are hurt, i understand that...But you shot straight from the hip. It was an attack not a debate...Give credit where credit is due.
    And our players will do just fine...So dont worry Mickey! The Titans are UP AND RUNNING :hi:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Junior Titan

First of all guys, what Mikey says isn't a true reflection of what other Storm fans (myself in particular), feel in regards to the matter.

I love the Gold Coast and I think that as a club, they'll do great! While I can understand the frustration that Mikey is going through (i'll admit I was the same yesterday), there's no point resorting to making cheap shots yourself mate by questioning the viability of the club itself.

I'd be very, very suprised if the Gold Coast weren't running about strongly when i'm on my death bed in 80+ (touchwood! ) years time!

At the same time while I say this, would Gold Coast fans agree with me when they say that it is a bit over the top for Michael Searle to come out and say things like the Storm are 'arrogant' and in doing so, it's just well not a good thing to say. I have an enormous respect for Searle for getting this club up and running, but making unwarranted statements like that against my club isn't going to increase my respect for him!

Anyway, just my 2 cents ...
    Last edited by philstorm; 18-08-06 at 12:25 AM.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Quote Originally Posted by philstorm
    First of all guys, what Mikey says isn't a true reflection of what other Storm fans (myself in particular), feel in regards to the matter.

I love the Gold Coast and I think that as a club, they'll do great! While I can understand the frustration that Mikey is going through (i'll admit I was the same yesterday), there's no point resorting to making cheap shots yourself mate by questioning the viability of the club itself.

I'd be very, very suprised if the Gold Coast weren't running about strongly when i'm on my death bed in 80+ (touchwood! ) years time!

At the same time while I say this, would Gold Coast fans agree with me when they say that it is a bit over the top for Michael Searle to come out and say things like the Storm are 'arrogant' and in doing so, it's just well not a good thing to say. I have an enormous respect for Searle for getting this club up and running, but making unwarranted statements like that against my club isn't going to increase that respect!

Anyway, just my 2 cents ...
    Good onya philstorm....I like the Storm TOO!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Mate dont say we didn't realise his potential, because that's the fundamental reason that we signed him in the first place ...
    Mate don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say the Storm didn't recognise his potential. Steve Turner was signed primarily as a back up albeit one with potential. It is only now with regular playing time that the Storm are sitting there regretting allowing us to negotiate with him in the first place. If the Storm wanted him, we would not have had a play at him - simple as that.

2004: 7 games

2005: Injured

Heading in to the 2006 season Steve was not a starter, from memory he started from the bench. The Storm backline read: Slater, Webster, Inglis, King, Geyer, Hill and Cronk.

We identified a guy who could start regulary and make an impact in the NRL, he has done that, now he is a little reluctant to leave the team that gave him a chance outside of the Panthers. I can appreciate that though giving your word is something not to shirked at ... my understanding is he made a verbal committment to the Titans which is backed up by an e-mail sent by his manager David Riolo.

Moving on ...

Turning this in to a slanging match with Melbourne supporters is not something I nor the Titans fans should be interested in. "Fishermen" are everywhere on line in the rugby league world - we should know how to send one "home empty handed".

Stick to the facts on this one and don't toe the line and enter the grey area where "hearsay" and the like will be thrown around. We will read more about "his heart is Melbourne yada yada" though the fact remains he made a decision on his future back in mid June.

The black and white facts again for some:

Steve Turner agreed to a two year deal with the Gold Coast Titans on June 19.
    During a flying visit to the Gold Coast to celebrate his signing, the 21 year old said he had based his decision to move north on his desire to make a name for himself as a fulltime fullback.

Turner said, ?The opportunity to play in my preferred position at fullback excites me. I have been behind some great players at the Storm and have been appreciative for the support they have shown me but the chance to concentrate on the number 1 jersey at a brand new club is something that is too good to pass up.?

Turner said, ?The Titans have staff that I am familiar with; John (Cartwright) was my lower grade coach at the Panthers and I played with Satts (Scott Sattler) & also the chance to experience Billy Johnstone as a conditioner is very appealing. Let?s hope I can leave the Storm on the highest note possible.?

The following day the Titans had a contract couriered to Steve Turner and his management.

Monday the 14th of August 2006 The Titans were informed that Steve Turner had appeared on a Sydney Radio station where he had made it quite clear that he was looking forward to joining the Titans and setting out on a new adventure.

24 hours later Turner was paraded for the media with the Melbourne Storm CEO at his side claiming that he was now unhappy with his decision and no longer wanted to go to the Gold Coast, announcing he had instead agreed to new terms with the Storm and signed a new contract which would keep him in Melbourne until 2009.

16th August 2006, Gold Coast Titans Managing Director Michael Searle presented a comprehensive file to the NRL which included Statements from Titans Head Coach John Cartwright, Football Manager Scott Sattler and the player?s agent David Riolo.

After reviewing extensive documentation provided by Gold Coast Titans Managing Director Michael Searle, National Rugby League CEO David Gallop?s preliminary ruling was that an agreement was reached between the Titans and Player Steven Turner

17th August Mr Gallop stated that after reviewing the documents supplied by the Titans, he believed an agreement had been reached between the Gold Coast Club and the player, stating that he will support the Titans as they move to retain Turner on their 2007 playing roster.

I have to laugh re-reading some of this thread - let me get this straight - a minority are wanting to portray us as the "bad guys" in this scenario?

I was having a horrible evening with work, that made my night

How dare we make a stand against a player/club who wants out of a committment to the team! Shame on Michael Searle

Michael Searle was spot on today:

?We believe the NRL?s interim assessment of the validity of our agreement with Steve Turner, is a vindication of the integrity, professionalism and good faith that we have displayed in these negotiations. However, we believe the Storm attempting to sign Steve Turner, after we were very clear to the Storm that we had an agreement with Steve Turner is reprehensible. It shows a lack of respect for not only the Gold Coast Titans administration but Gold Coast Titans fans as well.?

?We were very clear with the Storm?s administration before they offered him a new three year deal that we had an agreement with Steve Turner that was legally enforceable and his manager was very clear that we had an agreement but they chose to ignore that very clear advice and sign Steve Turner anyway. Their actions were arrogant and showed complete contempt for our Club?
    Cheap shot? :ok: Some would call the above FACT which at times is a bitter pill to swallow for some
    Last edited by DeeGan; 18-08-06 at 01:01 AM.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    I have to laugh re-reading some of this thread - let me get this straight - a minority are wanting to portray us as the "bad guys" in this scenario?

I was having a horrible evening with work, that made my night

How dare we make a stand against a player/club who wants out of a committment to the team! Shame on Michael Searle

Michael Searle was spot on today:

Cheap shot? :ok: Some would call the above FACT which at times is a bitter pill to swallow for some
    I assume that's directed at me ...

I stand by what I said earlier when I say that I think it's unfair for the Titans to make unwarranted accusations of the Storm.

Turner said he had been angered by suggestions he had been coerced by Storm into staying in Melbourne.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-10389,00.html

"I just want people to know this is my decision. I have seen the suggestions that I only did it because the Storm put pressure on me, but that's not the case. I made this decision because I want to stay with Melbourne. "
    Yes, the Storm are really to blame for Turners change of heart ...

No-one is blaming anyone DeeGan, I just think its poor form for Searle to accuse the Storm of cheap shots yet do the same thing to us, despite what the player himself has said ...

Again, we made it known to the Melbourne Storm that an agreement was reached with Steve Turner before they went off and signed him this week ... arrogance is a most fitting description for the Storm in this scenario in which they now have created (with the help of Turner) this mess that creates unwanted publicity for all involved. The showed contempt for the Gold Coast Titans as Michael said today. All but a minority of Melbourne fans would agree.

Forgive me for not "feeling" for the Melbourne Storm or Steve Turner on this one.

For those who joined the forum over the last week I am a big fan of Melbourne and what they bring to the competition way as well.

Junior Titan

Yeh well I guess there's no point me trying to put forward my point of view then.
    Last edited by philstorm; 18-08-06 at 01:28 AM.

Yeh well I guess there's no point me trying to put forward my point of view then.
    But you have stated your arguments/debates and stance, havent you?

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Michel-jennifer
    But you have stated your arguments/debates and stance, havent you?
    Lol pretty much!

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...-14823,00.html

Now Ruben Wiki chimes in!

"Stay strong Steve and stay in Melbourne"

Haha I love Ruben!

Lol pretty much!

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...-14823,00.html

Now Ruben Wiki chimes in!

"Stay strong Steve and stay in Melbourne"

Haha I love Ruben!
    And pretty fairly too..urdy: So...:emp: ya win some......and are not as successful in others ...But your opinion is much valued

I support Michael Searle and the Titans management for moving to enforce the agreement. The young man needs to learn that, when you give your word, you honour it!
    The thing that bugs me now is this.....if we put the man before the player, why would we have a place for someone who is dishonest. Now you can say that accusing Turner of being dishonest is a bit harsh and I have read where he is only a kid ( in fact, I referred to him as such) but the realty is the he is an adult and he is fully aware that he made a deal - whether it be a handshake or in writing - and he is willing to break that deal. I read where the Management are confident that, once they get Turner up here, he will settle in and enjoy the place. What if he doesn't? What a destabilising influence he could be on the entire franchise.

Personally, I hope Michael gets the total support of the NRL and Turner is directed to honour his word. Once that is established....tell him to take a walk!!!

As for Mr. Waldron and the Storm management, I think they have been totally arrogant and dishonest. If they really believed that Turner was free to sign an arrangement with them, then why didn't they seek the advice, counsel or support of the NRL prior to doing the deed?

Junior Titan

You gotta love the controversy... !! Its certainly not in the best interests of either team... Titans with the potential to lose a promising signing, and the disruption for Turner & Melbourne players on the way to a finals campaign...

But it would appear Turner will play for the Gold Coast or not at all. Neither Storm nor Turner have a legal leg to stand on, the mere fact he rang the club a week prior asking for a release from the titans is proof enough he himself recognised a contract existed. And after the latest words from Michael Searle the club wont be taking a backwards step.

He's had a great year Turner, culminating in an awesome last start against the Broncos, so you cant question the Storm now "Wanting" to resign him, but you can question them "Thinking" they could resign him.

I dont want him at the titans, but legally, Searle is spot on.

Junior Titan

on Melbourne radio station SEN last night Melbourne sporting lawyer Steven J Peake suggested Brian Waldron and the Storm should take this to court.

What you Tight-**** fans fail to aknowledge is that we have had the same situation with Fui fui Moi Moi and Jackson Nickolau and we let both players go because we are a decent club and don't hold players against their willl and Deegan you only post the Titans side of the arguement, you should have got online and listened to Briabn Wladron on SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    on Melbourne radio station SEN last night Melbourne sporting lawyer Steven J Peake suggested Brian Waldron and the Storm should take this to court.

What you Tight-**** fans fail to aknowledge is that we have had the same situation with Fui fui Moi Moi and Jackson Nickolau and we let both players go because we are a decent club and don't hold players against their willl and Deegan you only post the Titans side of the arguement, you should have got online and listened to Briabn Wladron on SEN
    If DeeGan was online he may use the word FISHERMAN Just a guess, so please don't quote me......Please don't call anyone tight a**. DeeGan, like everyone else is probably going to post what he believes to be the truth...Mikey...You are still sounding jealous No need to get personal...and call anyone names...It's making you sound childish and immature Plus it makes you sound as if you have no credibility..