Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by philstorm
    It's a number of factors I reckon,

a) Mathers being signed, with Turner thinking "Why did I leave my club in the first place then?"
    b) His girlfriend unhappy with the thought of moving
    c) A contract not being finalized at all with the NRL, resulting in Turner worrying about his future
    d) Storm doing so well this year
    Richie was signed well before Steve signed/committed to anything with the Titans

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Richie was signed well before Steve signed/committed to anything with the Titans
    Ok so that rules out Reason A

Appreciation towards Bulldog_Titan311 for Manly-Titan banner.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Oh good point mate!

Touche! :satan:

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by philstorm
    Oh good point mate!

Touche!
    :fence:

Appreciation towards Bulldog_Titan311 for Manly-Titan banner.

Titan CEO

But wasnt he offered the fullback spot?

Searle said, ?I want to thank Chief Executive Brian Waldron and Coach Craig Bellamy for their approach during these negotiations. While we understand there is some disappointment at the Storm with Steve moving on I am sure there is also some excitement for his prospects of him gaining more game time in his chosen position of fullback?.
    Turner said, ?The opportunity to play in my preferred position at fullback excites me. I have been behind some great players at the Storm and have been appreciative for the support they have shown me but the chance to concentrate on the number 1 jersey at a brand new club is something that is too good to pass up
    Titans Head Coach John Cartwright said, ?My involvement with Steve dates back to when he first made grade at the Panthers. He was 16 and playing Premier League which in itself is impressive. He was a very special talent then and it was obvious he was a player of the future and at 21 now he is looking to cement a spot at fullback after being behind Rhys Wesser , Billy Slater & Greg Inglis over the years.?

Maybe he felt that the titans hadn't actually signed him yet and was worried that his fullback spot was taken. Therefore saw no reason to leave the storm.

Junior Titan

I love the first one,

" “I want to thank Chief Executive Brian Waldron and Coach Craig Bellamy for their approach during these negotiations."

Hahahaha I bet Mr Searle never repeats those words again in his LIFE!

The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

1st of all, I love Brian Waldron. Finally a guy who will say what he feels for this club! He doesn't hold back and doesn't go over the top in an arrogant way IMO. He is 1 business savvy guy...

Also I think Turner has just had a change of heart on his preferred position since it was looking like he wanted out of Melbourne. Obviously he has resigned himself to the fact that he won't be the 1st choice Fullback in Melbourne and that he is getting enough praise for his work outside Matt King to want to stay there at Wing and do what he can to help the club, all the while enjoying his time on and off the field in Melbourne...

I don't see this ending well though for one party or the other, someone will be pleased, someone won't and here is hoping that the player's opinion on all this is taken into account before it gets out of hand...

"Remember in this game we call 'Life' that no one said it's fair!" - W.Axl Rose

When this is all over, I hope that people understand that the root cause of all this was the failure of the Titans management to do the right thing. They should have had the kid stitched up in writing by now and they should have had the agreement lodged with the NRL well before this. They gave the kid the loophole and the opportunity to "change his mind". His manager, if he had any morals, should have told him to pull his head in and honour his word.

It's a bloody bad situation in this world when you agree to something but turn around later and say that you dont have to honour your word because it wasnt in writing

The Titans said they would select the man before the player. If this is an example of Turner the man...tell him to take a walk!!!

Junior Titan

I suppose, but you can't go blaming Turners manager MM. To be honest, that is the thing i'm most suprised with, you don't usually see your manager 'siding with the other side' so to speak. Turner came out yesterday and said he wanted to stay at the Storm, but his manager says 'He's still going to the Titans?'

Something fishy is going on, I expect this will resolve itself in court as I expect, no i'll go so far and say I want to see the Storm take it that far if neccessary.

Junior Titan

I just want this all to be resolved sooner rather than later! It's pitiful by both clubs management to leave it like this.

I know I felt crap when I heard Turner was leaving us, but I don't know how to feel (it's probably the same for Titans fans), now that he might be staying/still might be going!

News from 2KY Big Sports Breakfast in an interview with CEO of Gold Coast Titans, Michael Searle.

- Turner apparently on Monday was on 2KY saying how happy he was to join the Titans, but by Tuesday something had changed.

- Searle said that Turner signed a partially written, partially verbal contract.

- MOST IMPORTANTLY, 48 hrs after it was announced Turner had signed with the Titans, the Titans sent him a written contract, that contract was sent to his manager- they have been chasing it up ever since.

Something tells me there is a lot more to this story...

just read that gallop is going release a statement, forceing tuner to goto the titans

Junior Titan

He can't force Turner to do anything. If Turner doesn't want to go, he wont go. Sure he might be sued by the Titans, but at the end of the day it comes down to what he wants to do.

Junior Titan

For those who question the vailidity of verbal contracts, a person can consent to a legally binding contract. In the laws on Offer and Accceptance, verbal contracts can be entered into, but you must prove 'consideration' on behalf of the promisee. To write all the documentation here would jam the website indefinitely.

Im am a fully fledged titans supporter, and as such, know all too well the edict the club has so desperately tried to forge since its inception. All the reasons for Steve Turner now wanting to stay at the Storm is hearsay, who knows what the REAL reason is except Steve Turner. But the question no longer becomes about Turner in my view, it becomes about the Titans.

Why do we want to chase him after these events ? If he's not committed, for whatever the reason, leave him be. Good player that he is, why risk recruiting a player whose attitude isnt 110%. Chasing him now would only jeopardise all the work the club has done to build a certain culture. If Turner no longer wants the coast, then Id be more than happy to reply as a club and as a city the coast no longer seeks his services - part ways and wish each other well.

Well done Titans management