Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
    Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mb63
    What crap
    Maybe he actually does wants him to break a leg...
    [

I agree with mb63, wishing harm upon another person is terrible.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Waldron will live to regret his actions. Isaacs' is a huge talent. Turner has the scrupples and ethics of Peter Foster. Good riddance to you.
    The only positive is it kept the off-season half interesting.

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eaglerock
    Waldron will live to regret his actions. Isaacs' is a huge talent. Turner has the scrupples and ethics of Peter Foster. Good riddance to you.
    The only positive is it kept the off-season half interesting.
    Not as much as Kevin Procter...and Israel Falau is much more talented than Samou - and they would not have the room to eventually keep both - so its worked out quite well. I think the Storm have managed the player exchange quite well. They want people who want to be there - and Smith Samou was well known to be keen to go elsewhere...knowing that he would find it touch in his preferred fullback position to get a start at the Storm.

I think you'll also find the Carney-gate will continue the Titans run with the media - and to think you guys haven't even played a single game yet....go figure.

Junior Titan

Well its over folks, the Storm have got their man.

He came at a price yes but we wont know who 'won' out of the bargain ( i.e who got the best deal) until the season pans out.

Carney is a bigger loss for mine. Quite devastating. It cuts deep.

Wonderful player, brilliant club man, top bloke.

I'll save my tears for Carney. He loves the game, I hope he is OK.

GONE.... GOOD!!!!!
    Our boys should smash him in the trial game. Render him useless guys. :rotflmao:

I would pay the player who can smash him the hardest the money left over from the deal.

Make it a 85k incentive. Not that they will need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

what happened to all the talk of "the players are all professionals and would accept Steve if he turned up " ? i don't think any Titans player will give a @%#* about Mr. Turner when they play the Storm, he'll just be another player to tackle. so should we expect a posse of Titans fans headding to Ireland to wack Brian on his way to get the Morning Papers ? i know there different cases, but guys he's gone, and i don't think anyone cares, :box: :fence: eace: eace: eace: eace: eace: eace: eace: eace: eace: eace: eace:

It will all add to the Titans/Storm Rivalry, more reason to smash em on the park If Turner is actually playing! I don't really care anymore, I'm glad he aint playin for the Titans! :box:

GO THE MAROONS!

I hope that all this BS, about Turner at least gets the Trial match against the Storm Televised.

Maybe we can use Mr Murdochs media to do something usefull for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Junior Titan

Both players had very good seasons last year and on any objective view, the Titans now present as a weaker team without them.

Having said that, pound for pound, I'd take Carney over Turner any day. I cant believe it. Its the off-season disease and I dont like it at all.

Its a new season, fresh sides- some like Souths are almost complete strangers, a bit like the Titans.

In addition to new friends, we see coaches changing teams and devising new tactics to gain forensic advantage over the other sides. Quite a fascinating season with Taylor, Carty, Stuart, Elliot, Smith, Anderson and Hagan, the Canberra guy (sorry). Thats more than half the league. Forget the players, heres the real comp!

But on the players:

Look at all the players who failed to live up to expectations. Anasta, Harrison, Kimmorley and Dykes, Clinton, Hegarty, Pritchard. What about SBW -Who?!

Then we get players like Stapleton, nobody thought he throw a short pass and he shows up the likes of Waterhouse and sometimes even Priddis in that hard worked international Panther squad. Where did he come from?

I used to say the Titans have a land of milk and honey in the backline. I gave it an A, now its a B.

But its a long season, if you keep the players fresh and relatively free from injury, well theres got to be a chance at the 8.

With all of the coaching chaos, I sniff a changing of the guard. Its an ill wind that blows over the code. Everyone is a bit scared and unsure as to which teams will fire. So the titans are still well in this.

But overall, its a foundation year. Like Souths, the GC lives again. A lot of lessons will be learned. A settling-in year.

But it will be great to have your own team again. You had to fight off a small army of competitors. Just to get down there, cheer the lads, get to know them, raise your hands and clench the fist when they score... fantastic.

Fasten your seatbelts Titans, be alarmed, shocked and awed- this is the big time, no more practice. Like your team, you have to be professional NRL fans.

And professional fans are loyal, ambitious, happy and most of all, excited!!!
    Last edited by Q Dave; 17-01-07 at 12:04 AM.

Turner learns lesson from NRL saga

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:28 PM

Storm winger Steve Turner says he learned a lesson from the NRL tug-of-war over his services and hopes Gold Coast bears him no grudges.

Turner had no problem training in searing conditions on Tuesday because it meant being united with his Melbourne teammates after two months of training by himself while the Storm and Titans fought for his services.

The 22-year-old last year verbally agreed to play for the Titans in 2007 but reneged on that pledge and re-signed with the Storm amid a fine 2006 season.

After months of bickering, the Titans struck an agreement with the 2006 grand finalist on Monday by letting Turner continue his career in Melbourne.

Now a Storm player until at least the end of the 2009 season, Turner admitted he had made a mistake by agreeing to play for a rival before the 2006 season was over, and had learned plenty from the five-month saga.

"Young blokes do make mistakes," he said.

"I just hope I don't make this mistake again in my football career.

"In saying that, I hope all parties don't make that mistake again and we can learn from this and prevent this from happening in the future."

Turner will get an early indication of what Gold Coast's players and fans think of his refusal to head north, as the two clubs play a trial match in mid-February.

"I just hope everyone understands why I wanted to stay here and it wasn't anything against the Gold Coast Titans," he said.

"It's just that I wanted to be here, at Melbourne.

"I found my feet here, it's home for me and my partner Kate and we're really enjoying Melbourne.

"I wish the Titans the best of luck this year and I hope there's no grudges held against me in the future."

As part of a compensation deal, Melbourne will trade Smith Samau and Daniel Isaac to the NRL newcomer, while Turner will also chip in part of an $85,000 sweetener package.

Turner said he never considered sitting out of the NRL if he was forced to leave the Storm as he missed the 2005 season with a foot injury, but was happy he could stop training by himself.

"There were times where I thought `Why am I doing this?', but I put myself in the situation and I've finally got the outcome that I wanted," he said.

"There were moments that were tough and I can now not train by myself."

Storm football manager Dean Lance was also hopeful the Turner saga would prevent players and their agents heading down a similar path.

"I'm sure everyone's learnt some very valuable lessons out of this and ... a good lesson to be learnt is that clubs can come together and come to an agreement without having to go to the courts," Lance said.

"Two clubs have got together here and common sense has prevailed and I think both clubs are happy with the outcome."
    Source: AAP

Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

bit of mixed news this week.

two good, in the signing of mat and the resolution of the turner saga.. but then bad in the carney pull out.

we've been through a fair bit of drama considering we haven't hit the field yet lol

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Q Dave
    But it will be great to have your own team again. You had to fight off a small army of competitors. Just to get down there, cheer the lads, get to know them, raise your hands and clench the fist when they score... fantastic.

Fasten your seatbelts Titans, be alarmed, shocked and awed- this is the big time, no more practice. Like your team, you have to be professional NRL fans.

And professional fans are loyal, ambitious, happy and most of all, excited!!!
    ...but they'll never take....OUR FREEDOM!!

Powerful speech...

I always felt that MS and team were fighting, not so much for Taylor the player, but more so the principal of the matter and credibility for the new franchise.

Goodbye and good luck Turner and I hope the money makes it all worth while.

Turner has learnt an important lesson about being a grown-up and all the teams in the league will now know his word is not his bond.

Thanks for the memories :hi: bye bye
    Last edited by bigjim; 18-01-07 at 05:18 PM.