Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
    Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim
    I always felt that MS and team were fighting, not so much for Taylor the player, but more so the principal of the matter and credibility for the new franchise.

Goodbye and good luck Taylor and I hope the money makes it all worth while.

Taylor has learnt an important lesson about being a grown-up and all the teams in the league will now know his word is not his bond.

Thanks for the memories :hi: bye bye
    Taylor...who the f_ck is Taylor? :!:

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    I agree with mb63, wishing harm upon another person is terrible.
    Wheres your sense of humour gone.Just jokes.

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ
    Wheres your sense of humour gone.Just jokes.
    Its not nice to joke about some-one getting injured.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    Its not nice to joke about some-one getting injured.
    Yeah it is I do it all the time

Thats why Funnest home videos is such a popular program
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    Thats why Funnest home videos is such a popular program
    its not funny, though.
    People who think it is don't have a developed sense of humour, its just a bunch of idiots falling over.

Back on topic...
    [

I don't know about you but i am very angry that to me it seems that the Titans have sucumbed to the big boys, they have become week, Michael Serle should not have bargained with Melbourne, Steve Turner either had two choices,

1, honour his Gold Coast Titans contract

2, Sit out three years

But this deal to me seems a Melbourne Storm triumph, and onto Brian Carney, i am extremely angry, this was not an on the spot decision by the Irishman, he knew along time ago about retirement and played us for suckers, i believe he should at least be made to compensate the Titans, for at least one years worth of contractual moneis.

But having said all this i wish that at least Turner does play first grade when we play him, and i hope he gets wiped out for the rest of the season because Karma is a b1tch.cya. :dead:

2, Sit out three years
    Neither options would do our club any good. I'm proud of my club for their handling of the matter and I believe we came out positively from it.

I don't think we are weak at all and I believe the Titans constantly demenstrate that they are not.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    Neither options would do our club any good. I'm proud of my club for their handling of the matter and I believe we came out positively from it.

I don't think we are weak at all and I believe the Titans constantly demenstrate that they are not.
    True that. Honoring his GC contract would have seen him most likely playing QLD Cup. And it is no benefit to anyone having a talented young player sitting on the side lines for 3 weeks, let alone 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCliffy#01
    I don't know about you but i am very angry that to me it seems that the Titans have sucumbed to the big boys, they have become week, Michael Serle should not have bargained with Melbourne, Steve Turner either had two choices,

2, Sit out three years

Ridiculous comment. At least with the way the deal turned out you got 2 juniors and $85k if reports are to be believed. Would you rather that or ended up with nothing? Nothing is exactly what you would've ended up with because there was no way in hell he was ever going to play in Titans colors.

QLD Cup Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCliffy#01

2, Sit out three years
    Nonsense,The Titans stood firm & the Storm buckled after declaring they would give nothing away for Turner.Michael Searle has passed this test with flying colours.

I've marked this one down to a win to the Titans who don't have a player here that doesn't want to be here and have scored $$ and young talent for the privelege. Now if they can land the big fish Lote for 2008 the organisation will be flying high again. At the moment the trials can't come quick enough so we can see how the players are meshing as a team.

Geese are the ultimate team players.
    They honk to encourage one another!

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by mb63
    Nonsense,The Titans stood firm & the Storm buckled after declaring they would give nothing away for Turner.Michael Searle has passed this test with flying colours.
    Didn't Mr Searle say he won't release Turner unless he got Smith Samau and Keven Procter? We know he got one but not the other so that being the case it would seem that both parties "buckled" as you put it. Personally i'd prefer to call it compromise and i for one are glad they did for everyone's sake. More often than not it takes a bigger man to back down than to remain stubborn and IMO this case proves that. If there were no compromise reached everyone would've lost and it would've more so affected the Titans than anyone else.
    Last edited by Supernova; 18-01-07 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova
    Didn't Mr Searle say he won't release Turner unless he got Smith Samau and Keven Procter? We know he got one but not the other so that being the case it would seem that both parties "buckled" as you put it. Personally i'd prefer to call it compromise and i for one are glad they did for everyone's sake. More often than not it takes a bigger man to back down than to be stubborn remain stubborn and IMO this case proves that. If there were no compromise reached everyone would've lost and it would've more so affected the Titans than anyone .
    Brilliant post.
    [

Worth the pain for Steve
    Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Turner is back in training with his teammates

Source: Herald Sun

THE cameras and tape recorders had barely clicked off when a huge smile broke across Steve Turner's face.

Six months of private and public torture was cast aside with what the Melbourne Storm winger hopes will be his last press conference for a long time.

On Monday Turner was finally cleared to resume his career with the Storm following a six-month battle for his services with the Gold Coast Titans.

After facing the media yesterday, Turner was welcomed back to Storm by the taunting claps of his teammates.

"The boys have been giving me a bit of stick," he said.

"But I've missed this environment and I just can't wait to get back out there with them again.

"I wanted to be here in Melbourne. I've finally found my feet here at the Storm and I'm really looking forward to being a part of the plans for the future here."

Turner, one of the NRL's hottest properties last year, admitted there had been times while training by himself that he wondered whether the saga would end.

"I thought, 'Why am I doing this? Why did I put myself in this situation?'

"It's been a long time coming, but it's worth waiting for.

"I can't tell you how excited I am to be out there back with the boys.

"I'm just looking forward to putting it all behind me and getting on with life . . . and the football season."

Storm football operations manager Dean Lance said the club was "excited" to welcome Turner back into the training fold.

"And you can see by the players' reaction (that) they're pretty happy about it as well," he said.

Lance said the deal to keep Turner -- in which Queenslanders Smith Samau and Daniel Isaac and $85,000 were given to the Gold Coast -- was a victory for "common sense".

He said the club was also happy not to lose boom prospect Kevin Proctor, who the Titans are understood to have chased in the deal.

"Keeping (Kevin) is very important to the club as far as our future is concerned," Lance said.

It is believed Melbourne will stump up the $85,000 to the Titans, but Turner will pay back the sum to Storm.
    [