Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
    Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    It wasn't good, but I suppose it evened it out a bit. The umpires should have made 2 right decisions, not 2 terribly wrong decisions
    Yeah...

But I wasnt too bothered about the Strauss decision..

But it was pretty bad.

Well it depends if the umpire saw it or not. I would hope that the umpire didn't just take Flintoff's word for it... :/
    From what I saw Flintoff signaled the ball was high and then was given No ball.
    Thats the bit i found ridiculous. I mean it was no ball but it can or should only be called if the unpires see it.
    Cant be done by influence of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies
    Yeah...

But I wasnt too bothered about the Strauss decision..

But it was pretty bad.
    LOL of course you weren't too bothered by it And it was absolutely terrible, he hit it from the middle of his bat into his pad basically and his bat was about a foot from his pad.

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    To be honest the umpires shouldnt make a decision from the influence of a player.If he missed it then he missed the no-ball.
    Exactly..thats what im so angry about.

Who's to say he just didn't take Flintoff's word for it. [Although replay's show it was above the waste]

From what I saw Flintoff signaled the ball was high and then was given No ball.
    Thats the bit i found ridiculous. I mean it was no ball but it can or should only be called if the unpires see it.
    Cant be done by influence of a player.
    Yeah I saw that, but we don't know whether the umpire saw it and just didn't call it until he realised he had to because of the wicket, or whether he was just delaying the call, or whether he didn't see it and just took Flintoff's word from it. If he just took his word for it, then he shouldn't even be umpiring local division 6th grade, let alone an ODI.

Titan Club Captain

Yeah I saw that, but we don't know whether the umpire saw it and just didn't call it until he realised he had to because of the wicket, or whether he was just delaying the call, or whether he didn't see it and just took Flintoff's word from it. If he just took his word for it, then he shouldn't even be umpiring local division 6th grade, let alone an ODI.
    He should have called it regardless of whether a wicket fell or not..

When the catch was taken it wasnt called straightaway like it normally would. I then saw flintoffs action then suddenly it was called.
    The ball was a no ball but gees umpires must use discretion. The ball shouldve been called as soon as the batsman hit it as it was easy to spot.

He should have called it regardless of whether a wicket fell or not..
    Exactly, which is why it all seems a bit iffy...

The ball shouldve been called as soon as the batsman hit it as it was easy to spot.
    Once again... Exactly

Titan Club Captain

LETS ALL GO KILL STEVE DAVIS!!

I believe it was him who gave Ross Taylor out in the Sri Lankan series when it wasnt even a catch ffs.

Titan Club Captain

Bond injury another blow for NZ

By Philip Henderson

January 16, 2007

SHANE Bond's shocking run of back injuries continued today as the injury-marred pace bowler left the field late in New Zealand's three-wicket tri-series loss to England at Bellerive Oval.

Bond took 0-29 from eight overs, but was forced off after the end of his second spell as England successfully chased down New Zealand's 9-205.

"We think it is just muscular and we will see how he scrubs up tomorrow, and if (it's sore) he'll have a scan," said captain Stephen Fleming.

"It's been around for a while (the injury), so it just gets a bit stiff.

"And two games in three days has probably brought that on. But fingers crossed it is just that.

"We were probably pushing him to bowl those three (overs in Bond's second spell).

"It was a case of if he could bowl, we'd get as many as we could out of him.

"It's always a little bit of a worry. He's such an important part of the side and we know how much better we are when he's in the side, so when he's not quite right it sends a shiver through the camp, but we're just hoping for this week we'll manage him through and it's not serious."

Bond has an amazing one-day record, taking 99 wickets at just 19.77, but has played just 53 games since making his international debut in early 2002 because of a succession of back problems.

The Black Caps next play Australia in Sydney on Sunday.

AAP

LETS ALL GO KILL STEVE DAVIS!!

I believe it was him who gave Ross Taylor out in the Sri Lankan series when it wasnt even a catch ffs.

Kim, I don't suggest you wish death on anyone, let alone call for everyone to do it, you just don't know who might be reading....

As for this, well who cares, what is done is done, go to the next game, I am sure if NZ can perform like that and almost win, they will win the next time these two sides meet...

Titan Club Captain

I think Bracewell is starting to get the message about McCullum. As he said something on the news along the lines of "he needs to get a move on"...well thats the way I saw it.

Titan Club Captain

Thumbs up

Bond staying on tour
    By JONATHAN MILLMOW and Stuff.co.nz - Fairfax Media | Thursday, 18 January 2007

BREAKING NEWS: Shane Bond has been cleared of a stress fracture in his back and will stay with the Black Caps in Australia.

New Zealand's star fast bowler visited a Sydney doctor this morning and then had an MRI scan at 11am local time (1pm NZT).

The results have not yet been fully revealed but New Zealand team management said this afternoon that Bond had not suffered a feared stress fracture.

The news will be a huge relief for the injury-dogged player as well as the rest of the team and fans.

His loss would have been a massive blow to the Black Caps' chances of reaching the finals of the tri-series they are currently in against Australia and England but, more importantly, Bond is vital to Kiwi chances at the World Cup in March.

He has a history of back problems and had said if this latest comeback fails he will retire.

The New Zealand fast bowler did not complete the match against England in Hobart on Tuesday because of soreness in the back.

Coach John Bracewell earlier said a replacement for Bond was not being sought but his interchange players Jacob Oram, Scott Styris and Kyle Mills were being considered on an individual basis as candidates to join the side for Tuesday's match against England in Adelaide.

"I'm not going to rush them back because we've had a loss."

Aussies are on fire
    England 5-70.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

cleaning them up, but i did like the look of Loye i think he is a future opener for Engalnd till a youngster comes through.