Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    Titan Club Captain

And in league you have another shot (providing its not the last minute)

In cricket you have only 1 chance.

Titan Club Captain

Mad scientist Bracewell creates monster
    The Dominion Post | Friday, 19 January 2007

By SPIRO ZAVOS
    Why was James Franklin given the responsibility of opening the New Zealand bowling in the one-day international against Australia?

Another one of John Bracewell's experiments, presumably.

Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist promptly belted 12 runs off the Franklin over and the game was almost over before it had started.

As Franklin trundled warily in to bowl, the thought came to me: why didn't Stephen Fleming open up with Shane Bond? Bond is the best of the Black Caps' bowlers and the one most likely to take a vital wicket in the opening over. The psychological effect of a wicket or a probing over first up might have changed the course of the game.

Then a couple of days later, Bond, with his history of back injuries, was required to play again against England.

It's history now that he had to leave the field and was not available to bowl out the last couple of overs of a match that should not have been lost.

From this side of the ditch it seems obvious that the coach of the Black Caps is not delivering for his team, on or off the field.

Compare the handling of Bond and the aging Glenn McGrath. The Australian played the opening match of the tournament against England and then was rested two days later for the match against New Zealand. In the field, McGrath was taken off boundary running duties in the latter overs.

Younger players were given the task of racing around the field when the slog was on.

Bracewell's controversial rotation policy has clearly not worked with Fleming. This is another area where the coach has got it wrong.

Instead of the captain taking time out, he should have been playing all the tests and one-dayers in New Zealand. Fleming looks to be under-done in terms of matchplay. His batting is tentative. And so is his captaincy.

Compare Bracewell's treatment of Fleming with the way Ricky Ponting has been handled by coach John Buchanan and the Australian selectors. Ponting misses his first game for the season today when Australia play England. He has played the Champions Trophy tournament, the Ashes series, Twenty20 matches and the first two ODIs. Ponting is rested, though, when Australia have won two games out of two and are certainties for a finals berth. He has earned his break.

The case for Fleming having a break after the Champions Trophy and tests against Sri Lanka was always weak. Fleming needed more cricket, not less.

The senseless rotation policy (when there are not enough class players to rotate) is one of several crazy Bracewell experiments:

Daniel Vettori has been turned into a (failed) batsman;

Brendon McCullum sacrificed as an opener;

Craig McMillan played as an allrounder;

Hamish Marshall being allowed to forgo net practice.
    You can't help thinking that everything is going to end in tears in Australia and at the World Cup in the West Indies while Bracewell continues his mad scientist regime with the Black Caps.

Titan Club Captain

GO MACCA YOU LARD **** YOU!! :lol!:

I was very shiitty this afternoon.

And Tony Greig wasnt making it any better. Keeping on going on about how macca shoulda been out, ffs you south african wannabe pom..its no different to Hussey the other night!!

I don't think we shop drop Macca, cos he has stepped up right when we've needed him, ie: tuesday, today, against Sri Lanka in Auckland. To make room for Oram maybe we could drop Franklin his bowling is quite inconsistint, saying that he goes alright with the bat.

BTW did you guys know macca is a diabetic, i forgot until this afternoon when my mum reminded me.

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies

And Tony Greig wasnt making it any better. Keeping on going on about how macca shoulda been out, ffs you south african wannabe pom..its no different to Hussey the other night!!

I don't think we shop drop Macca, cos he has stepped up right when we've needed him, ie: tuesday, today, against Sri Lanka in Auckland. To make room for Oram maybe we could drop Franklin his bowling is quite inconsistint, saying that he goes alright with the bat.

BTW did you guys know macca is a diabetic, i forgot until this afternoon when my mum reminded me.
    Hey that reminds me.....
    Did they have a look at hotspot on Hussey's appeal. I know that they looked at snicko, but that didn't prove it cause his bat could have hit his pad at the same time as the ball going past his bat........
    I read his article in the 'Sunday Mail' today, he didn't give much away, he avoided the point of saying whether he actually hit it or not.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Hey that reminds me.....
    Did they have a look at hotspot on Hussey's appeal. I know that they looked at snicko, but that didn't prove it cause his bat could have hit his pad at the same time as the ball going past his bat........
    I read his article in the 'Sunday Mail' today, he didn't give much away, he avoided the point of saying whether he actually hit it or not.
    Didn't need to use hot-spot, because it was obviously out. No chance that his bat hit the pad.

Titans Captain Hoppy2007Dragons's Avatar

Again Australia faulting during a run chase. 3/21

Less than 3 weeks ago you said this :rotflmao:

Quote Originally Posted by Go_The_Doggies on the 3rd of January
    I'm not happy..why is Macca (Craig McMillan) in the side, he sucks!!
    And Franklin is bowling well today so far, which is definately a plus for NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Didn't need to use hot-spot, because it was obviously out. No chance that his bat hit the pad.
    What do you mean no chance? And it wasn't obviously out, cause he didn't get given out.......
    One of the commentators picked this up too. The bottom edge of his bat was on his pad at the same time the ball was going past his bat. This could explain the sound on snicko. If they had of used 'hotspot', it may have proved whether the ball hit the bat or not.

I wreckon it's a high chance that he did hit the ball with his bat, just by his facial expressions at the time and by the article he wrote in the Sunday mail today. My point is, this is a classic example where the 3rd umpire could have been used, and technology like snicko and hotspot may have been useful. I believe it was a crucial call in the game that should have been given more thought......
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Big deal if Aussies lose.
    I wont mind if the kiwis win.

What do you mean no chance? And it wasn't obviously out, cause he didn't get given out.......
    One of the commentators picked this up too. The bottom edge of his bat was on his pad at the same time the ball was going past his bat. This could explain the sound on snicko. If they had of used 'hotspot', it may have proved whether the ball hit the bat or not.

I wreckon it's a high chance that he did hit the ball with his bat, just by his facial expressions at the time and by the article he wrote in the Sunday mail today. My point is, this is a classic example where the 3rd umpire could have been used, and technology like snicko and hotspot may have been useful. I believe it was a crucial call in the game that should have been given more thought......
    Umpires do make mistakes. They made one today with mcmillan

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Umpires do make mistakes. They made one today with mcmillan
    Whether the umpires made a mistake or not is beyond the point.
    I get the impression that Steelers is making out it was 'Black & White' definantly out. There was enough evidence in the camera footage to suggest that it might not have been out. That's why I originally posted "Did they use go to hotspot" cause it may have proved either way.

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers
    Less than 3 weeks ago you said this :rotflmao:

And Franklin is bowling well today so far, which is definately a plus for NZ.
    Yeh but at the time I wasnt happy with him in the side, as he had only scored about 4 runs in 2 games.

And yeh I have no idea who to take out of the side for oram and millsy. Im glad im not the coach

Our 3 wickets we've got so far have been great .. ffs at Jimmy Franklin dropping a catch :') but ohwell..ya get that.

And we need to get out Symonds..FAST.

Titan Club Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy
    Big deal if Aussies lose.
    I wont mind if the kiwis win.
    Aww thanks Paddy

Your one of the few aussies like this

Whether the umpires made a mistake or not is beyond the point.
    I get the impression that Steelers is making out it was 'Black & White' definantly out. There was enough evidence in the camera footage to suggest that it might not have been out. That's why I originally posted "Did they use go to hotspot" cause it may have proved either way.
    I saw the hotspot and Hussey clearly nicked it

Aww thanks Paddy

Your one of the few aussies like this
    Hehe Youre welcome.
    Aussies are bound to lose one. They really should so they dont let being unbeaten get to their heads anymore than it starting to.