Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Panthers...Fraser Told To Butt Out

Fraser told to butt out
    Gold Coast Bulletin
    04Jan07

PENRITH Panthers CEO Glenn Matthews today told Dawn Fraser to butt out of their affairs after the swimming great gave Craig Gower the thumbs down for the club captaincy.

Matthews said new coach Matthew Elliott would decide on who would captain the 2003 premiers this year and his choice would not be influenced by outside pressure.

"Dawn Fraser is entitled to her opinion," said Matthews today.

"But she of all people should realise that athletes can make mistakes. She's made a few in her time. The captaincy of Penrith is none of her business and it's time she got her nose out of it.

"Craig Gower is a great leader. You only have to come to training to see how he trains and how he leads by example to realise that.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Well fair enough really, just cause Dawn busted Craig fondling under age girls, doesn't give her final say on all things Penrith Panthers. She's a Tigers fan anyhow, isn't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Well fair enough really, just cause Dawn busted Craig fondling under age girls, doesn't give her final say on all things Penrith Panthers. She's a Tigers fan anyhow, isn't she?
    Yeah, she's on the Tigers commitee or Board or something. I read a newspaper article, she didn't even witness anything at "That Golf Day", she was there but she only spoke to one of the family members involved after it happened.
    And like Mathews said "But she of all people should realise that athletes can make mistakes. She's made a few in her time." Dawn Fraser was the most troubled Australian competitor in history. After she was banned from international swimming for 2yrs for pissing off official's, she got caught stealing a Japanese flag for which she got banned for a further 10yrs, which ended her career.
    So I think she shouldn't be so public in putting down Gower for his mistake.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Yeah, she's on the Tigers commitee or Board or something. I read a newspaper article, she didn't even witness anything at "That Golf Day", she was there but she only spoke to one of the family members involved after it happened.
    And like Mathews said "But she of all people should realise that athletes can make mistakes. She's made a few in her time." Dawn Fraser was the most troubled Australian competitor in history. After she was banned from international swimming for 2yrs for pissing off official's, she got caught stealing a Japanese flag for which she got banned for a further 10yrs, which ended her career.
    So I think she shouldn't be so public in putting down Gower for his mistake.
    lol looks like the silly old girl still hasn't learnt her lesson and continues to make a fool out of herself.

Dawn has a point.

If anyone should be fondling little girls, it should be her.

PRESS OK TO DELETE
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Default Shav

Craig Gower should have never lost the position as captain, and Dawn the big old carpet muncher should mind her own business!!!!!

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

Dawn has a point.

If anyone should be fondling little girls, it should be her.

PRESS OK TO DELETE
    :spit:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Titan One Clubman

I think I just heard Dawn Fraser putting down Warney on National TV.. Stuff like this is not on.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    I think I just heard Dawn Fraser putting down Warney on National TV.. Stuff like this is not on.
    You serious????
    OMG this woman is given to much clout...drives me NUTS!
    Our Dawnie this...Our Dawnie that :bored:

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    She was on the news tonight saying that Warnie shouldn't be Australian of the year because of all his text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan
    She was on the news tonight saying that Warnie shouldn't be Australian of the year because of all his text messages.
    She's just pissy she's too old to know how to text message ffs.

By the way, I've had a pretty big festive season, so can someone remind me when Dawn Fraser became the authority figure for everything Australian? I think I missed her appointment to that position. I've searched for the thread on here but no go..

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    She's just pissy she's too old to know how to text message ffs.

By the way, I've had a pretty big festive season, so can someone remind me when Dawn Fraser became the authority figure for everything Australian? I think I missed her appointment to that position. I've searched for the thread on here but no go..

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY

i just got back home after a week away and saw this topic and thought, i'm gonna have to go into bat for Gowie here, no need, keep up the good work folks, :hi:

What's up Dawn Fraser's a** lately?!?! :roll: And since when did she become a league expert?!?! :roll:

Gower = great captain

GO THE MAROONS!

Default Shav

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy Titan
    She is just upset cause warnie does not want to bang her, or text her like he does with all the british nurses GO WARNIE get as much as you can son!!!

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006