Junior Titan

Default Nathan Friend - Biggest Bargain of 2006

At the Storm, we've always had a high opinion of Friendy but he's unfortunately always had the incumbent Australian hooker in front of him at the club.

This year he was really given a chance to shine both during Origin and off the bench and he proved his worth over tenfold. People speak of the Bailey's and the Prince's to look forward to watching in 2007, but Nathan Friend will always be the quiet achiever who goes about his business unassuming and will hopefully reap the rewards (media wise) come 2007 at the Titans.

He's always been a tremendous tackler and passer of the ball, but if he can improve the running and kicking side of his game in 2007 then I believe that he could rise to the Top 2 or 3 hookers in the competition. As it stood this year anyway, I believe he could have started at Number 9 for most other clubs anyway.

All Storm supporters will miss the contribution that Friend gave to the club over the years and although I somewhat rue that Bellamy gave Cartwright a call to recommend Friend to the Titans for their inaugural year, it's an opportunity that Friend deserves to embrace and make the most of.

And i'm sure he will. Watch out for him in 2007.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!

yeah he came onto the scene in a big way a real workhorse hooker really puts in aways giving 110% hope he comes back from injury ok, he is a fantastic buy for the titans, and could be a future leader?

I think he is one of our most tremendous buys and will be one of our top players this year.

I can't wait for him to came out of Smith's shadow and make our #9 jersey his own.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD
    I think he is one of our most tremendous buys and will be one of our top players this year.

I can't wait for him to came out of Smith's shadow and make our #9 jersey his own.
    Spot on - and as lonegull said, he's been around the scene long enough to even be considered as 'leadership quality'.

I also know for a fact that he's one of those guys who works his but off on the training track. Those are the kind of players clubs (particularly a developing club at that), would love to get more of.

Many thanks to Super Cronk for the great banner!