View Poll Results: Should The Ashes go to the Team who wins it?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- Why not, they deserve it for winning it

14 93.33%
  • No- It's too precious and could break in the wrong hands

1 6.67%
  • Don't care- I don't have interest and don't mind being excommunicated from Australia LOL

0 0%

Post The fight begins to keep The Ashes in Australia

Well, we have all had this arguement... about the need for The Ashes to go to whoever wins it... and until now it's been the issue of money and care that is needed to look after it. Well now there is the money, and the ideas... so lets get cracking to keep that urn in Aust...

Branson Ashes campaign bid
    By Josh Massoud and Luke McIlveen
    January 03, 2007 12:00

Article from: The Daily Telegraph

THE campaign to keep the Ashes in Australia is about to get a shot in the arm, with British billionaire Sir Richard Branson and former England captain Ian Botham calling on cricket bosses to keep the urn here.

Sir Branson launched the audacious campaign to keep the ashes in Australia at a packed press conference at the Sydney Cricket Ground this afternoon as his home team was getting flogged on the pitch.

Flying the face of his homeland, Sir Branson declared it ?inequitable? and ?wrong? for England to demand the Ashes urn back after losing this summer series so comprehensively.

The mogul?s international airline Virgin Atlantic jetted the urn to Australia for its current tour Downunder.

But Sir Branson today admitted to feeling uncomfortable about supplying a plane to return it to the Marylebone Cricket Club at Lords ? the owners of the urn.

?I hope the MCC will see some sense over the next two or three days,? Sir Branson said.

Former English cricketing great, Ian Botham and ex-Australian captain Allan Border also called for the cricketing tradition to be overturned after almost a century.

?You are playing for the Ashes, so it?s a bit ridiculous that the trophy always stays in England? Botham said.

I actually never knew it stayed in England permanently :noidea:
    It should go to the winning team, how can you argue against that?
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....

It should stay here right from winning 3-0 . Shouldn't have to win 5-0 to get them.

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

its ok i think they'll do good and win it It'll be good if they did, so Warnie, Pigeon and Langer go out on an even higher note!

Quote Originally Posted by hugebrianfan
    its ok i think they'll do good and win it It'll be good if they did, so Warnie, Pigeon and Langer go out on an even higher note!
    Aussies dont look like winning this test. Theyre batting appallingly.

I really don't see why the winning team doesn't get to keep it! it's just useless! why should a losing team full of loser's get to keep something that they have won only once in 17 years! Australia win it so often it's not funny, it should be permanently kept in Australia if anything! We deserve it!

GO THE MAROONS!

Titan Club Captain

There is only 1 right option in that vote.

Yes- Why not, they deserve it for winning it

As long as the record books say that Australia won the series, let the babies have their bottle. But it should, as I'm sure every other sporting trophy does, go to the winners. Seems weird to 'play for the Ashes' but regardless of the outcome they'll remain in England.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan One Clubman

Just wrap the stuff in tonnes of bubble wrap and you can send it all over the place.

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Schifty
    Just wrap the stuff in tonnes of bubble wrap and you can send it all over the place.
    ROFL! its so true...

It should follow the winner home.
    [

I honestly don't know what to think. On one hand I think it should stay at Marylebone Cricket Club, which is the home of cricket, but on the other hand I think it should be in Australia alot more often than it is. If that means having it go to the winners country, then ok. Like I said I am still 50/50

The problem lies with the fact its not up to the ECB, its the right of the owner of the Ashes who is the great grand nephew second removed friend from the last castle to the right, of the guy who owned it.

They are privately owned
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    When I am unable to respect and accept the decisions that are being made that directly affect my team, then I must take a backwards step.

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    The problem lies with the fact its not up to the ECB, its the right of the owner of the Ashes who is the great grand nephew second removed friend from the last castle to the right, of the guy who owned it.

They are privately owned
    They are privately owned?....I suppose that the honour we take from winning is as just as important as the Ashes themselves...
    Seems a lil one sided for mine though.