Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Titans Star Player Steve Dangerous's Avatar

it's really is BS they can get away with such reporting with such little fact.

and imo the most likely outcome is that the police find nothing in her system, and she just got way too trashed and forgot what happened. date rape drugs are a lot rarer than the media would have you believe.

Junior Titan

lets hope it's not to much hassle for all involved
    "Go the Titans"

Default Rabbitohs Quizzed On Rape

Rabbitohs quizzed on rape

December 30, 2006 12:00
    Article from: The Daily Telegraph

POLICE investigating claims a woman was sexually assaulted at a Wests Tigers team member's unit have interviewed players from another rugby league club.
    While police are not commenting on the latest development, it shows they are still actively following up on the woman's claims.

Last Friday, police interviewed three South Sydney Rabbitohs players about the events of the night.

The Saturday Daily Telegraph understands there is no suggestion the Souths players were involved in the alleged assault or were even present at Wests Tigers player Ryan O'Hara's unit at the time.

The alleged assault occurred early on the morning of Monday, September 4. The 26-year-old woman went to the police later that morning, saying she had reason to suspect she had been sexually assaulted earlier in the morning because her clothing was in disarray when she woke up.

She said had gone to O'Hara's unit along with about 10 players about 2am.

She said she had earlier been at the Sapphire Suite nightclub in Kings Cross, where Wests players were celebrating their final match win over the Rabbitohs as part of the tradition of "Mad Monday".

There is no suggestion O'Hara was involved in the alleged assault.

Police have so far refused to comment on the woman's claims.

The Rabbitohs players interviewed last week were also at the Sapphire Suite that night.

It is believed they were questioned about what occurred at the club and the interaction between the woman and Wests players.

Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson yesterday confirmed police had interviewed the players last week.

"I think a couple of them were at the Sapphire club (that night)," he said.

"What they'd seen at the Sapphire club ? that's what they were interviewed about," he said.

Mr Richardson said police contacted the club last week requesting the club facilitate the player interviews, which the club agreed to do.

He said police made it very clear no Souths players were under suspicion.

This was the first time police had spoken to the Souths players over the alleged sexual assault, as far as Mr Richardson was aware.

A police spokeswoman would not comment on the development or whether any arrests were likely.

"Strike Force Saro is continuing its inquiries," she said.

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Titan First Grade Regular

so, the Rabbitohs players didn't do anything? they were just there? is that correct?
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Future Star
    so, the Rabbitohs players didn't do anything? they were just there? is that correct?
    Reads that way at the moment!

I LOVE "BULL" BAILEY
    "WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MAN, WHAT A MIGHTY GOOD MAN"

Well glad to see they are taking their time with this case... the Police learnt their lesson from the Bulldogs Coffs Harbour incident not to jump to conclusions... lets hope it produces the right result for all.

In terms of this, yes the Souths players weren't in the apartment at the time of the incident, however they were at the nightclub the lady was at the night before... so there is a good chance they would have met her or seen her and will be able to assist with the inquiries.

They are not under any concern, they are just helping the case to find a conclusion from the sounds of that article.

Strike Force Saro huh. Strikes like a Tia Chi punch! WTF are the Souths players gonna remember from a night on the sauce over 3 months ago? Last night is hazy for me, let alone September!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coaster
    People need to be more like CS imo

Titan First Grade Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Capital_Shark
    Strike Force Saro huh. Strikes like a Tia Chi punch! WTF are the Souths players gonna remember from a night on the sauce over 3 months ago? Last night is hazy for me, let alone September!
    Lol - good point, CS.
    [

Junior Titan

Not again damn oh well they'll find out the truth and hopefully League's rep won't get damaged too much it shouldn't do tho.
    BRONCOS ARE #1 AND WILL ALWAYS BE MY TEAM!!!! eace:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Dangerous
    i'm pretty angry about this.

our game can't afford any more of these scandals. i'm just sick of it.
    I agree. The Bulldogs have had enough of it.
    Its ruining the game.

Titans First Grader hugebrianfan's Avatar

Geez why??? Man why is there always sex assault allegations man!! Some rugby league players need to wake up!! Unless people are lying (woulfnt be surprised though)

Quote Originally Posted by hugebrianfan
    Geez why??? Man why is there always sex assault allegations man!! Some rugby league players need to wake up!! Unless people are lying (woulfnt be surprised though)
    I wouldn't be surprised either...
    It's sad, But I do believe in the term "Gold Digger"......If anyone is following...
    Not fair at all on NRL teams, players and fans if this is the case.
    The girl from the ring watched a highlights reel of Greg Bird, she died 7 days later.....